It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Abu Ghraib Images (WARNING: very disturbing)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

they are in that prison for a reason... bc they are criminals and terroists... would you have rather we served them tea??? or got answers ?? you tell me

Oh My God

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh my God what Wizard? Do you not agree with the idea that the prisoners being held are war criminals? I'm sure that we didn't arrest them for eating all of the green M&Ms.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was kinda wondering the same thing, Wizard.

About your post, do you dislike green tea...or what?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
That's like saying a murderer isn't as bad as a serial killer. So it's not that bad.

Should murderers be ignored?

It is the end of the world for those possibly innocent prisoners.

How is something humiliating even a comparison to murder? It's not.

I don't condone it, but it honestly isn't this truly horrifying thing. It isn't right, we're better than that, but it isn't anything other than humiliation.

Some of the prisoners look a little worse for wear, this is true, but what's missing from the story is their condition upon being entered into the system there.

Originally posted by tom goose
Are you friggin serious?

What ever dude.

Why yes, I am.

No, I don't take the Western MSM seriously. Nor any other MSM outlet. Any outlet will spin it and make it sound more convincing for their audience, and their perspective. Whether in an attempt to gain ratings, sympathy for one side or the other, or whatever.

What I do take into account is my personal experience, as well as the personal experiences of close friends still on the ground, or recently returned.

If you disagree, that's fine. That's your right to do so. However, I also have the right to my opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

I tell you what, how about we expose you to being held captive by both sides. We'll let you experience our side first, as the chances of you returning from the other are pretty slim.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Oh my God what Wizard? Do you not agree with the idea that the prisoners being held are war criminals? I'm sure that we didn't arrest them for eating all of the green M&Ms.

Oh My God, again

Most of them have not been charged with anything, let alone been convicted of being war criminals...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Open your eyes, Christian Voice those terrorists we are fighting are killing THEMSELVES with each attack! What are you going to imprison of them? Bits of flesh?

Those people you have in those prisons are civilians who might know something useful. If they were actually radical extremists they would have killed themselves rather than be tortured at the hands of their infidels.

Why do you think there is so much outrage against these prisons and this torture? Because the ones being tortured aren't the terrorists!

But I'm sure just about anyone who isn't a Christian must look like a big target to you now, so there's probably little to no point in trying to talk sense into you.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Will you people stop bashing Christians on this thread. Good grief people. I am a Christian, but you don't see me quoting the Bible and throwing around my faith on here. This is a thread about prisoner abuse. I do not agree with the extreme tactics that were used, but I do agree that we need info from the criminals we have detained and we have to get it from them somehow. We can't really just give them an ice cream and ask them nicely.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

The attack against Christians is totally uncalled for. Or did I miss the post involving Christian association with the debated prison atrocities.

Bah. That's it for me. Seems like when people can't prove their point they devolve into the blame game....again.

-out-

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I am a Christian, but you don't see me quoting the Bible and throwing around my faith on here. This is a thread about prisoner abuse.

Oh man Christian Voice, now you've proven yourself to be a liar as well.
Um, give me a sec... yep, you were one of the first in this thread to call it a holy war.

Here's what you said.

We as mankind have been given authority to uphold God's laws and to punish those who break them. Get off the muslim thing good grief. These are the people we are at war with

You declared the holy war.
This thread was 100% on track until you came in here and boasted about how you as a Christian have the right to kill Muslims because they aren't following god's laws.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Don't call me a liar johnsky or the debate is over. I did not call this a holy war at all. I stated the facts. We are at war against terrorists. The particular terrorists that we are fighting are Muslim extremists. They are not buhddists, or hindus, or jews, or even pagans. That is simply the facts. Get your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh I do have my facts straight... and they're Islamic Extremists. Muslim is a broad term to describe many many religions.

And I repeat, you lied, read the above post for more details.
You're only making yourself look bad by lying even further, apologize and keep a little dignity.

No, they're not Jews, Pagans, or any of the others. But if you have "gods" permission to kill off Muslims... what are you going to do when thats over? Find the next religion and start killing them? All because, as you said, they break god's laws?

As a North American, I hold myself to better values than that. If you and your religion sink to that level, DO NOT take the rest of us down with you.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Wizard

Oh My God, again

Most of them have not been charged with anything, let alone been convicted of being war criminals...

Looking forward to hearing your reply, Christian...

BTW, isn't Bush a 'Christian'???

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Where do you get all this information about these criminals just being held for no reason?
No, Bush is a politician. He has claimed Christianity in the past but when it served him he made claims that Christians and Muslims worshiped the same God. He claims whatever suits him at the time.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why does everyone focus on this prison so much? I'm sure that we have American citizens in prison for much less crimes that get treated much more harshly than this. Aren't we at war with these people?
I guess it's just the liberal mindset of this country now. We can murder unborn children but we can't kill murderers or torture terrorists for information that may save innocent lives. Give me a break people.

It is frightening how Christ's words have been twisted over the years. They can be twisted to promote the most evil thoughts and actions.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No, the Wizard is right, Christian Voice, they are held without trial or crime. I've read the same from literally dozens of news sites. It caused quite the stir when that little fact came out, hence all the outrage against the prisons and torture.

And yes, Bush is a Christian. He adheres to no other religion.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Where do you get all this information about these criminals just being held for no reason?

HERE

And will you please stop taking the topic of this thread off-subject using christianity, thanks.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Will you people stop bashing Christians on this thread. Good grief people. I am a Christian, but you don't see me quoting the Bible and throwing around my faith on here. This is a thread about prisoner abuse. I do not agree with the extreme tactics that were used, but I do agree that we need info from the criminals we have detained and we have to get it from them somehow. We can't really just give them an ice cream and ask them nicely.

Info from criminals? Doesn't look like that's what they are doing lol, looks like they having fun abusing prisoners, that's all just inhumane actions.

And don't you read? most are being held there without any charges or evidence, what gives you the right to call them criminals. How do you know?

[edit on 29-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
And yes, Bush is a Christian. He adheres to no other religion.

Bush calls himself a Christian, but he isn't. Christ told us to be good to each other. Anyway, off-topic, I know, sorry...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What gives you the right to say they are not criminals? I think the bunny hugging has run rampant. I have not read anything from a legitimate news source that proves that prisoners are being tortured that are just innocent individuals that we just want to punish.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
every second that they are not inside of those prison doors you can bet damn well they are looking down the barrell of the enemy's weapon sir...
and if your so sure that you can do any better of a job than voulenteer yourself for the job....
and don't even sit there and even try to tell me that they would give any non muslim any more respect than they are recieving.....
they want us dead at any cost and don't fool yourself on that one.... this holy war has been going on for longer than the begining iraq war and bleeding heart's only will fuel and further their cause.. a world without christians or infidel's is what their mission statement is and has always been since the begining of their religion my freind.....
for the sake of all non muslim's don't ever under estimate ignorance in large numbers.............
and that's all i will say here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, man last time i checked there werent using 11bangbang to guard the prisoners in a non combat zone! Man, thats crazy...and all this time i thought those were MP's and what not....crazy...

Are you serious, i didnt know abu grhraib was in the middle of a combat zone or anything....i guess they must get attacked on a daily basis right? Oh wait, THERE PRISON GUARDS! They dont go on combat patrols, they sit in the prison...and guard. Imagine that! Why the hell are you defending people that are abusing and torturing these people. And your right, because they'll think less of us we should lower ourselves to thier level right, because this isnt the third grade or anything

Sorry for my tangent, that just pisses me of to see people defending these guys. Its your job as a soldier to do whats right, AND THAT INCLUDES GOING AGAINST ORDERS THAT ARE WRONG! You are supposed to be held to a much higher moral standard when you are in the military. You are held responsible for EVERY SINGLE ACTION you take.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by SilentBob86]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join