It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Abu Ghraib Images (WARNING: very disturbing)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I still think you people need to be a bit more concerned for our men and women over there fighting and not so much for the war criminals we have in prison.

Please be quiet, you really are blind.

If you were in that prison, I don't think you would be saying the same thing.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I obviously believe in something other than myself or my own selfish needs.

I don't think that's obvious at all.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Of course the majority of people on here are against everything to do with the war. But of course most here believe in other dimensions, the Illuminati, alien abduction, the murder of unborn children and soforth.

Another silly post, just because someone is against the war, your almost saying they are all crazy.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Ok yes I am disgusted by what I just saw.. but do not speak of the us military as if this is every single one of them doing stuff like this.... because that is wrong.. just like it is unfair to judge the entire nation by these few idiots it is unfair to judge the entire us military as well.. YES ABSOLUTELY most of them are coming home as heros... and the war did not turn them bad they were bad people when they left .... you don't ahve to look far to see their are crazies everywhere... look at the news at all the mothers and fathers murdering their children.. people killing their parents so and so forth.. it's just the bottom line truth that there are evil people in this world and we are not always able to pick them out that easily... they just get the opportunity to expose their wickedness and they do

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
OK, one LAST time. From this point on, if members post personal barbs the warns will fly.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

they are in that prison for a reason... bc they are criminals and terroists... would you have rather we served them tea??? or got answers ?? you tell me

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

judge not, 'christian' voice.

please.

coming onto a conspiracy site to deride the people here seems a little, i don't know....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm not judging anyone billybob. I am able however to discern right from wrong, just from unjust. I have only seen evidence on this thread of past events that have been dealt with. I don't understand why people keep bringing this kind of crap up. Why not make threads about how bad our soldiers are being treated over there, and they are there under orders from their countries. They are not the ones bombing innocents to forward some form of spiritual agenda. I was in the military and I can assure you that the kind of things that came out about that prison were not condoned by the US government and that the people involved were severely punished, so let it go.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah
reply to post by _Phoenix_

they are in that prison for a reason... bc they are criminals and terroists... would you have rather we served them tea??? or got answers ?? you tell me

If you made research you would notice that most of the people there are being held without EVIDENCE, without charge, they are simply there because a few soldiers thought, hey your kind of suspicious. Or they were simply in the wrong area at the wrong time.

Yes maybe some of them are guilty of something, but a lot are probably innocent, because they have no reason or evidence as to why they have been put ther, but even if they were guilty, this is NO way to act, NO way to treat people, this just shows the mentality of some of the guards, it's disgusting, and scary, what kind of people are they? and yes it would be humane to serve them tea

This is something that should not be ignored, but yet people here want us all to IGNORE it? Why should we, and just because we don't ignore it we are bashing soldiers? lol

This is something that should NOT be ignored. Would you ignore it if it was your son in there held without evidence.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They are not the ones bombing innocents to forward some form of spiritual agenda.

Yes but they have bombed innocents.

And they have caused a lot of chaos there, and for what? for your country? no.
This does not benifit your country at all, not in one tiny bit, so I would advice soldiers to stop claiming they are fighting for their country, because they are not, they are fighting for the goverment.

This also does not benefit Iraq at all, all it has done is cause death and chaos, and that is your goverment to blame, they have used these soldiers for their hidden agendas, and some of these soldiers are to blame for going along with this war.

Heroes? what have they done to be called heroes? please tell me.

I do feel for the good soldiers out there, thinking they are doing the right thing, but in reality are being used by the goverment. I feel sorry for them when they start to open their minds and look at what they are doing, and how the goverment has brainwashed them and used them. Lets hope they can move on from that.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah

Ok yes I am disgusted by what I just saw.. but do not speak of the us military as if this is every single one of them doing stuff like this.... because that is wrong.. just like it is unfair to judge the entire nation by these few idiots it is unfair to judge the entire us military as well.. YES ABSOLUTELY most of them are coming home as heros... and the war did not turn them bad they were bad people when they left .... you don't ahve to look far to see their are crazies everywhere... look at the news at all the mothers and fathers murdering their children.. people killing their parents so and so forth.. it's just the bottom line truth that there are evil people in this world and we are not always able to pick them out that easily... they just get the opportunity to expose their wickedness and they do

If i were to base reality by what i see on tv i would go mad. The fact remains, ive never known anyone that killed their parents, ive never met a parent that killed thier child, and ive never met anyone that would be able to stomach torturing another human.

So why would i look at the world like it is full of crazy violent people? Ive experienced nothing that would lead me to that conclusion, only what is broadcasted on the tv, and i tend to take that input as fiction.

About the soldiers, even though i said nothing about soldiers, the heros were the politicians and i was being sarcastic. But to put my 2 cents out there, I feel that anyone american, canadian, or even british, with access to all the information that is availible in todays media, makes the conciouse choice to join the army and ingage in combat, deserves what ever hell migh be awaiting them, and if disrespect from their fellow country men is a type of hell for them, then so be it. They knew the deal and they still joined, Dont expect my thanks or gratitude for going over seas and slaughtering an unmatched apponent.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The US does not make it a point to murder innocents, I'm sure there have been accidental deaths and that is tragic. I really don't think we detain soldiers for very long without just cause. Israel had several men in custody charged with murder and terrorist acts and Mr. Bill Clinton told Israel to let them go and they did. Shortly after, they were the ones involved in the 9/11 attacks.
So, should we just let these people go?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

i dunno if that was directed towards me since it was right after my post... but the idiots I was referring to were the soldiers and what they did... soo I dunno

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The US does not make it a point to murder innocents, I'm sure there have been accidental deaths and that is tragic. I really don't think we detain soldiers for very long without just cause. Israel had several men in custody charged with murder and terrorist acts and Mr. Bill Clinton told Israel to let them go and they did. Shortly after, they were the ones involved in the 9/11 attacks.
So, should we just let these people go?

Under what court of law were those people found guilty of terror against the US, did they recover thier bodies? did they get a confesion? do they have expert witnesses? do they have any kind of forensic evidence?

there is NO evidence what so ever that anyone outside the american government was responcible for 911, so dont even go there boy.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

This is quite a comical observation. Would you care to share your statistics on education level and literacy rates in Iraq?

I don't know about statistics but I do know from a couple of Iraqi friends that a lot of Iraq was actually quite wealthy before the war, and they had good education too.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw these come across the wire yesterday, and I'll be flat honest.

The first thought that came through my head was so what?

Humiliating? Yes. Degrading? Yes.

Torture and similar to cutting peoples heads off? Not even close.

I'm not condoning it, but at the same time I honestly have no compassion when if the shoe is on the other foot, those images might as well be playing a friendly game of checkers compared to how our military, and civilians have been treated.

Should we be above the fray and set the example? Most certainly.

Is this a representative example of all military personnel? Absolutely not.

Was it the right thing to necessarily do? No, it wasn't.

Was it honestly cruel and inhumane and torture? No so much.

What you don't know is the condition of the prisoner/captive prior to their being taken into custody. So you can see the one guy with a big bandage on his leg. While I have nothing to go by other than what is in the picture, my suspicion would be that wound existed before being taken into custody.

Again, I'm not condoning these humiliating acts, but at the same time, they honestly aren't the end of the world either. Sure, we're better than that, but until we start lobbing peoples heads off, and matching what the other side does to our military and civilians they take hostage, I'm not going to flip out.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by BeefYakasoba]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeefYakasoba

Again, I'm not condoning these humiliating acts, but at the same time, they honestly aren't the end of the world either. Sure, we're better than that, but until we start lobbing peoples heads off, and matching what the other side does to our military and civilians they take hostage, I'm not going to flip out.

That's like saying a murderer isn't as bad as a serial killer. So it's not that bad.

Should murderers be ignored?

It is the end of the world for those possibly innocent prisoners.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeefYakasoba
I'm not condoning it, but at the same time I honestly have no compassion when if the shoe is on the other foot, those images might as well be playing a friendly game of checkers compared to how our military, and civilians have been treated.

Are you friggin serious?

What ever dude.

you do know that the iraqi death toll claimed by al jazeera is like 1.5 million, that is some game of checkers. I guess this is where you give your "shoe on the other foot" lecture while referencing your own western media that only shows a third of that.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by tom goose]

[edit on 29-2-2008 by tom goose]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

wow wish I could live in your perfect world too.... where crime does not take place..

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For me it comes down to a philosophical question.
America pretends to be the good guys, basically a Christian nation right.

What would Jesus do?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join