It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic 9/11 question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just for some brief background...

I myself believe that there is a lack of information involving the events of 9/11. I personally think that the govt may have had some involvement or prior knowledge, but in this thread, I am just playing the devil's advocate...

Anyway, onto the question.

Last night I was thinking, if 9/11 was really an inside job, how come Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the events? Osama and A.Q's leaders must have known that our surge would easily wipe out resistance.

I looked on this site for a similar thread, but couldn't find anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
osama denied involvement.
al queda = CIA

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Please show me real evidence that they accepted responsibility. Check this:
The Al-Qaidah group had nothing to do with the 11 September attacks on the USA, according to Usama bin Ladin in an interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat. Usama bin Ladin went on to suggest that Jews or US secret services were behind the attacks, and to express gratitude and support for Pakistan, urging Pakistan’s people to jihad against the West. The following is the text of an interview conducted by a "special correspondent", published in the Pakistani newspaper Ummat on 28 September, place and date of interview not given."

taken from here:
911review.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I agree with you, but im just going to play the other side on this.

www.cbc.ca...

According to that link "Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden appeared in a new message aired on an Arabic TV station Friday night, for the first time claiming direct responsibility for the 2001 attacks against the United States."

What would you make of the video? Faked?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by xlc sil3nce]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Let's expand on the previous poster's link:

english.aljazeera.net...

And more:

On that blessed Tuesday, the 23rd of jumada al-thani, 1422, which corresponds to September 11th, 2001, while the Zio-American alliance was still using American tanks and planes and Jewish hands to reap [the lives] of our sons and our people in the land of al-Aqsa; while our sons in Iraq were dying as a result of the oppression of the unjust siege [inflicted on them] by America and her agents; and while the Muslim world was still very far from genuinely supporting Islam; while things were in this state of frustration, desperation and procrastination -- on the part of the Muslims, with the exception of those on whom Allah had had mercy, -- and a state of injustice, arrogance and aggression -- on the part of the Zio-American alliance; and while the land of Uncle Sam, heedless in its transgressions, bellowing its tyranny, 'puffed up its cheeks in contempt of the people and strutted merrily on the face of the earth,'[22]without paying heed to anyone, believing that nothing could harm it -- then disaster struck them.

memri.org...

"To preface, I say: despite America being the greatest economic power and possessing the most powerful and up-to-date military arsenal as well; and despite it spending on this war and is army more than the entire world spends on its armies; and despite it being the being the major state influencing the policies of the world, as if it has a monopoly on the unjust right of veto; despite all of this, 19 young men were able - by the grace of Allah, the Most High - to change the direction of its compass. And in fact, the subject of the Mujahedeen has become an inseparable part of the speech of your leader, and the effects and signs of that are not hidden.

www.canada.com...

And more:

english.aljazeera.net...

www.pbs.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.fas.org...

video.google.co.uk...

memri.org...

"When the twin towers collapsed and the New York skyline, which had been obstructed by them, was revealed to me – I felt deep within me like someone that was delivered from the grave; I [felt] that I was being carried in the air above the corpse of the mythological symbol of arrogant American imperialist power, whose administration had prevented the [American] people from knowing the crimes it was committing… My lungs filled with air and I breathed in relief, as I had never breathed before."

memri.org...

memri.org...

And Arab members of the 9/11 Truth Movement:
memri.org...

comments welcomed.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

How many times do we have to point out that Ummat NEVER interviewed Osama? They submitted a list of questions to the Taliban, who returned the list with answers to the newspaper.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with 911.
He NEVER gave an interview admitting he did 911.
Most if not all the videos where proven fake.
Thats why when the Tailaban caught Bin Laden they had to let him go
Because the USA could not Prove he had anything to do with 911.
Not to mention the FBI made many statements that they had no proof Ben Laden commited any crimes on 911.
LOL thats why we do not have Ben Laden today and we never will LOL.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with 911.
He NEVER gave an interview admitting he did 911.
Most if not all the videos where proven fake.
Thats why when the Tailaban caught Bin Laden they had to let him go
Because the USA could not Prove he had anything to do with 911.
Not to mention the FBI made many statements that they had no proof Ben Laden commited any crimes on 911.
LOL thats why we do not have Ben Laden today and we never will LOL.

Shall we take your word for it?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Hey, evil "foe", it's me again! And yes, you can take his word for it. Mine also, and countless others of the 9/11 Truth Movement (they group you so resent)!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
reply to post by jthomas

Hey, evil "foe", it's me again! And yes, you can take his word for it. Mine also, and countless others of the 9/11 Truth Movement (they group you so resent)!

Why?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Fine. Don't then. You keep living on under your "percieved reality"! (my thoughful username) I am fine knowing we are lightyears ahead of you in understanding the actual nature and interworkings of our true surroundings, while you continue to be clueless. Ignorance is bliss they say, however you sure spend alot of time on here on ATS, which so happens to promote, "deny ignorance" as their tag line. Ironic, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok so then his group still is denying that they did it. Are you saying that they lied for him? Why would they say that then say that they did it?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

What does this have to do with our discussion? moving on. Show evidence of what you are claiming, that is all the is being asked. I hardly think that its an unreasonable request.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
reply to post by jthomas

Fine. Don't then. You keep living on under your "percieved reality"! (my thoughful username) I am fine knowing we are lightyears ahead of you in understanding the actual nature and interworkings of our true surroundings, while you continue to be clueless. Ignorance is bliss they say, however you sure spend alot of time on here on ATS, which so happens to promote, "deny ignorance" as their tag line. Ironic, don't you think?

Perceived.

I before E except after C.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by prizim

Man, nice catch. First one, to notice my misspelling! Star for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The truth is out there.....man, the x-files was a good show. I have spent the time to find this evidence that has led me to believe what I do. Going against jthomas' claim that we have the burden of proof here...It is not my job to educate you. Educate yourself. If I am so biased in your eyes, why do you want me to try and teach you anything (ie showing you proof) Make YOUR own effort to research what you wish.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There are people out there who think that OBL is on the administration team. I personally think that his original denial is the truth, but remember, there are those who think that Lee Harvey Oswald was on the government's team also, until the day he became a patsy. It's confusing, but as George W. Beelzebush once said, "Osama bin Laden doesn't matter." (or words to that effect.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

You are making claims and you are unable to support them. It not my job to research everything you say, its your job to provide supporting evidence. I have never made one claim regarding my thoughts towards you, and I will not, since its counterproductive.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well the most basic answer to your basic question is...well its actually a question.

Think for a moment, imagine YOU are binladen,sitting in your palace in saudi arabia sipping date juice and talking about the latest shipment of kalishnekovs to your soldiers. You have pretty much all a warlord could ask for, protection by certain countrys lots of loyal supporters a whole bunch of weapons and wealth, the ability to travel about with relative ease.

Why (unless you suddenly became reckless and stupid) would you decide to purposely poke the big angry bear with all the deadly toys to come to your place of businesses and eviscerate all the good things you had going for yourself. Then ontop of it all claim responsibility for it so that the big angry bear you just poked would know exactly what and where to bomb and kill. Would you willingly choose to give up all of your power,wealth and amenities just to poke an angry bear.

So you (binladen) gave up all that you know and love so that the US could come and bomb the # out of all the installations you have spent years and millions on, all while making substantial amounts of money from oil and contracts. So you (binladen) lost EVERYTHING and the US gained exactly what they have wanted for many years.

Makes so much sense to poke the bear.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No, I am stating my own beliefs shared by some, based on my own investigation, which is TOTALLY comprised of OTHERS claims which were backed up with evidence in support to MY satisfaction. If they hadn't provided enough support through evidence for their claim, then I would not be holding that claim as my own personal belief. I have not hypothozised at all or proposed any new bold claims! All my arguements are the arguements of others. You are basically questioning my judgement. If you disagree with me, then attack those that have made those claims originally, as I had nothing to do with it. Go attack the authors of the 35 "peer-reviewed" papers now belonging to the arguements of the 9/11 truth Movement, or read them first and see if you do not hold the same views that I do.

top topics

join