It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
after reading the stickies about the conspiracy qualification, i decided on posting here because religion might be a conspiracy by itself (sorry moderators
)

my question for everyone is: do you have any proof in media (pics, vids) that GOD exists? please post it here or link me...

help! my faith is wavering...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's my standard reply:

I've never seen or heard of anyone who has been able to come up with a good, coherent definition of "God" that doesn't contain within it its own fundamentally negating paradoxes or contradictions. And without a decent definition, it's impossible to debate about the existence of such a thing, or person, or whatever. The entire thing makes no sense to me at all any more, to the point where I don't even consider myself an atheist, because you at least need to have a definition or basic understanding of what you don't believe in, and I don't even have that.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

his faith in you isnt waivering one bit.

there is no definite proof, faith can be like hard concrete and almost unbreakable to some

and to others like a feather that blows in the wind.

media, pics, or video?

that would be all over the world by now and thered be only one religion if that were the case

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have asked the same questions and have never been shown or have seen for myself evidence of a god. And yet I cannot deny that a god does not exist because there's no evidence for that either.

There has to be something out there but whatever it is it definitley is trying to hide.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
to nohup:
can you elaborate when you said there's "no coherent, unbiased definition of God"? that can be true on any concept. but some people have concrete definition of faith in God, with complete rules to follow. you said it's impossible to debate on something without a solid definition, but isn't the undefinable the debatable ones?

to MCD:
your argument can be used to verify UFO existence too. there's not one alien/UFO evidence that will unite everyone into believing, but there's people here that have faith they do exist.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Is that a picture of YOU?(your avatar)

Just wondering.....

To
Beastamerica;

Check out my signature, please!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I have asked the same questions and have never been shown or have seen for myself evidence of a god. And yet I cannot deny that a god does not exist because there's no evidence for that either.
There has to be something out there but whatever it is it definitley is trying to hide.

same argument, end69. the lack of evidence of existence of God-therefore He exists can be used to define the actuality of a unicorn.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think you are the proof.

and there are at least a billion different interpretations of what the loose term "god" means.

and just as an observation, it would seem kind of strange to me that anything could take place at all, without some sort of intended design.
how else does the smallest point of matter(does matter, matter?) come into any type of existence?
how does existence itself even exist.

I just think of it like this, you cant use software to fix or figure out a hardware problem. you cant even use your software to figure out how the hardware works.

I think thats basically where quantum physics is, at the point of realizing we need a new perspective from beyond our universe to understand our universe.

I tried my best to stick the the OP topic... never seems to work.

oh yeah, quantum physics, kind of proves there is a god, in some sense, that this reality is created by something from another reality, making that something a demigod at the very least. im mixing nomenclature on purpose. hint hint.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

no haha that's a scary image of my favorite artist damien hirst. i look cleaner

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Naw. I imagine everyone would be choking each other over exactly who's god it is in the video.

"Surely that is Allah!"
"Absolutely not, look at the blue eyes, that's Jesus!"
"You are both insane, it is lord krishna!"
*Fistfight ensues*

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
to nohup:
can you elaborate when you said there's "no coherent, unbiased definition of God"? that can be true on any concept. but some people have concrete definition of faith in God, with complete rules to follow. you said it's impossible to debate on something without a solid definition, but isn't the undefinable the debatable ones?

No. You can't debate without good definitions, particularly when it comes to debating the existence of something. I might just as easily try to debate about the existence of the MHFIIU. Aside from the letters, who are you to say that MHFIIU exists? Or HIIUTEEW? Completely meaningless.

Most people when they debate about whether "God" exists, usually narrowly define the concept to roughly approximate the image of a Big Grandpa in the Sky who watches over everything and cares whether or not you got an "A" on your math test. It's easier for people to revert back to childhood concepts, because they're at least a bit more comprehensible, even though they're ridiculous.

Otherwise, you're stuck with an omnipotent entity, vast and universal, essentially incomprehensible to human beings, who for some paradoxical reason has a "need" to "create" something. As if an omnipotent entity can somehow "lack" something, which is the exact opposite of what "omnipotent" means. Makes no sense any way you slice it.

So what are you going to debate? The Grandpa in the Sky? "Love?" A schizophrenic entity as described in the Bible? A "warm fuzzy feeling" you get when you look at a pretty sunset or a clean baby? Some exist, I suppose. But the minute you try to get some otherworldly scope into the problem, the whole thing collapses into a pointless debate about an undefined concept.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
fox, but there's no video yet!

i was hoping to see linda blair stuff before this thread dies. but i just realized i'm just waiting to be proven right, or better yet, proven wrong.
"sighs"

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Proof isn't out there.

It's In HERE.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Clearskies

no haha that's a scary image of my favorite artist damien hirst. i look cleaner

From Hirst jump to (not on) Vinci and you may find some clue sketching up an answer to your naive question. Having an hour long look to Rigel's avatar might help, too. If nothing works, try to figure out in all previous cases, as well as in everyday life, what is seeing what you're seeing.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think we take for granted how incredible life is!!!

The fact that you're breathing for starters. Do you actually believe that

you're the descendant of some slimy fish with footies that slid up out of the

primordial oooze, purely by a freak accident of chemistry? Damn that takes

more faith than I can muster.

since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has

made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible

qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being

understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20

...being understood from what was made. hmmmmm no excuse...

My answer is the proof is all around you. You can't see the forest for the trees!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well, like Nohup is saying, you can't have proof of something until you know what it is that you're proving.

So what is God? Do you have a god in mind, in particular at least? 'Cause it might help if you try to narrow it down some. Do you want proof of Yahweh or Thor or Djehuty?

Myself... I believe everything is god. This is a different thing from "god is everything" - that statement makes god the sum total of existence, while i beleive every individual piece is, in fact, god. So I just need to open a phone book or take a drive if I ever want to see god.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

to nohup:

to MCD:
your argument can be used to verify UFO existence too. there's not one alien/UFO evidence that will unite everyone into believing, but there's people here that have faith they do exist.

But there are thousands of videos, pics, sound files, possible government papers etc etc relating to the UFO phenomenon - but no such evidence exists for 'God'. Very few here deny the existence of UFO's - we merely debate the veracity of various pieces of evidence and question the 'source' of the actual UFO/Alien genre itself - ie. where do they originate from exactly?

'God' on the other hand - is a non-contender in the evidence statkes. Hence the majority here find the whole subject matter somewhat irrelevant.

J.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by jimbo999]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

I think we take for granted how incredible life is!!!

The fact that you're breathing for starters. Do you actually believe that
you're the descendant of some slimy fish with footies that slid up out of the
primordial oooze, purely by a freak accident of chemistry? Damn that takes
more faith than I can muster.

So you're the kind of touchy-feely, "God must exist because things feel good and little bunnies are cute," kind of definer. God is a kind of kindly old artist/chemist who paints pretty pictures with chemicals. I'm guessing you're thinking white beard, too, except when you think about it really hard and get really serious and grown up. Then he's probably clean-shaven.

Now, why would a being (if you could even call it that) that essentially has and is everything not only "desire" to create something, but be even be able to? Remember... is and has everything already.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Easy answer: Why not?

Seriously, if you had the capability to create a platypus out of thin air, you probably would, even if you had absolutely no possible logical reason for doing so. You'd just be bamf-ing platypi all over the platyplace.

Well, I know I would.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

my question for everyone is: do you have any proof in media (pics, vids) that GOD exists? please post it here or link me...

I think there's a Jesus cracker on EBay right now.

It's all about the faith. Science won't help you on this one.

Becker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join