It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rihanna Umbrella is this song masonic or somehting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
wow, so now a gangsta rapper is a member of the nwo/illuminati!!!!???? They have everybody!!!!
Don't tell me my eyes are closed or I'm thinking what "they" want me to think...believing that a former 2bit gangbanger and dopeslinger from the projects who crawled out of obscurity because he happened to be a very talented rapper and songwriter is now a member of the NWO is not denying ignorance...it's embracing it wholeheartedly. Like Freud used to say..."sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...."

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

funny how I was also thinking that it was an intentional diss both to his ancestors and to the whole King Solomon/Seal of David religion aspect of it. Something I've heard before from the Jamaican angle is that "reggae" never made the big crossover to the West because of many artists refuse to "sell out". No one ever explained the "selling out" part to me, but I've made my own assumptions since then. For a while in the early 90's hiphop and those very artists mentioned Jay Z, Biggie Smalls, Busta were not really welcomed in the reggae dance scene, but times have since changed.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting 'trivia' from the Umbrella wiki...

"Umbrella" was not originally written for Rihanna. Christopher "Tricky" Stewart composed the song in 2007, with American pop singer Britney Spears in mind.

And we all know what kinds of trouble she has had since... They won't let us forget.

Reported coincidence with weather

The song's reign at number-one in Britain occurred as the UK was hit by extreme rainfall and flooding, which led some people to jokingly suggest the two events were related, the media referring to it as the "Rihanna Curse". Interestingly, the precise day the song was knocked from the #1 position by Timbaland, the weather seemed to improve. A similar situation occurred in New Zealand, where the song hit #1 in the early winter of 2007 as the country was experiencing some of the worst storms in its history.[27] In Greece, "Umbrella" was released at a time when people were suffering through a summer of several major heatwaves topping 47C/117F, and the worst forest fires of modern history, killing 60 people. When the song peaked at #4 in the Greek singles chart in October 2007, the country experienced significant rainfall. Spain also experienced one of its wettest summers in decades, and the coldest August since the beginning of the 20th century during "Umbrella"'s chart run.

Also the 'handlers' so to speak:
The songwriters: Christopher Stewart & Terius Youngdell Nash better known by his stage name The-Dream. Jay-Z also wrote his own lyrics.
The video director: Chris Applebaum

Who unfortunately lead much more private lives than the music idols that are presented to us. For all we know, each of those men are high ranking 'agents' of the illuminati. I hesitated calling them that, for fear of the 'snide' remarks, but I certainly don't want to make the mistake of trying to call out exactly their allegiance, as many others seem to do.

I have hesitated to ever bring any of the Hip Hop/Secret Society stuff here, but there is a vast amount of connections.

One such connection is the number of Hip Hop artists connected to the Five-Percent nation, or what is now know as The Nation of Gods and Earths.

Origin of Five-Percent title
Five Percenters also teach that Black people specifically, and the entire world population more generally, can be divided into three groups:
The 85%, easily led in the wrong direction hard to be led in the right direction, who are the humble masses, mentally deaf, dumb , and blind to the truth about themselves and the world in which they live.
The 10%, who understand much of the truth but use it to their advantage to keep the 85% under their control through religion, politics, entertainment, economics, and other methods.
The 5%, who are the enlightened divine beings, having repossessed knowledge of the truth regarding the foundations of life and of oneself, and seek to punitively liberate the 85% through education.
The percentages presented, according to most Five Percenters, are not meant to be exact but are instead meant to represent the public, the religious and political rulers, and the few truly enlightened people on earth, respectively. The numbers used point out common traits to identify the members of these three groups and can be fully understood using the language of Supreme Mathematics.[2][1][4][7][8][6]

Supreme Mathematics
Main article: Supreme Mathematics
The Supreme Mathematics, in the teachings of the Nation of Gods and Earths, is a system of understanding numbers alongside concepts that are used along with the Supreme Alphabet.[8][5] Despite its name, the Supreme Mathematics is not actually a system of mathematics. It instead is a variety of numerology specific to the theology and philosophy of the the Nation of Gods and Earths, derived from Sufism elements.[2][1]
1. Knowledge 2. Wisdom 3. Understanding 4. Culture/Freedom (40 or more) 5. Power of Refinement 6. Equality 7. God 8. Build/Destroy 9. Born 0. Cipher

Supreme Alphabet
Main article: Supreme Alphabet
In the Nation of Gods and Earths, the Supreme Alphabet is a system of interpreting text and finding deeper meaning in the original 120 Questions written by Elijah Muhammad and Wallace Fard Muhammad by assigning actual meanings to the letters of the Roman alphabet. It was developed by Clarence after splitting from the Nation of Islam, after which he developed his Supreme Understanding.[2][1][5][8]

Hip-hop
From the early 1980s to today, many Five Percenters are found among the American East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest, in cities such as New York City, Trenton, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Los Angeles, especially among the hip-hop scene. Hip-hop artists such as Tupac Shakur, Rakim, Wu-Tang Clan, Brand Nubian, Sho&Prove, , Nas, Prodigy, SHARE3F, Jus Allah, Poor Righteous Teachers, Gang Starr, J-Live and many others had success spreading the theology of the Five Percenters. This spread, in part, uses the language of Supreme Mathematics, which represents universal law and order, and the Supreme Alphabet, which represents universal principles of life, ostensibly to forge solidarity with the inner-city youth through a common language.[8] The main theme of the Five-Percenter doctrine that can be heard on hip-hop records is the teaching that the Original Blackman [sic] is God, the Original Blackwoman [sic] is the planet Earth, and through the inner esoteric powers of the Gods and Earths, the youth can transform and possess its true potential, which seems to overthrow the overbearing oligarchy by becoming just rulers of themselves.
Many terms that originated as Five-Percenter jargon have been adopted into the hip-hop lexicon as well. For example, the term "G" in hip-hop originally was short for the Five-Percenter greeting of "God," which, through its spread to the American West Coast and the rise of gangsta hip-hop music, it eventually evolved into "gangsta," a stretch from its origin. Other popular terms such as "word is bond," while having significantly older roots than the Five Percenters, were believed to have gained prominence through its use of the term, referring back to the Nation of Islam and the NGE's shared 120 Degrees.[2]

the term "G" in hip-hop comes from the 5-percenter greeting of God. Isn't that why the 'G' is shown here:

See that hand shake on there? Look again...

Thats a bit strange....

Apparently we all missed this thread:
Are Jay-Z, Nas and Kanye Illuminati's?

This seems to be a pretty big conspiracy, not to be getting much airplay on ATS.
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

so you're saying a talented rapper songwriter CANNOT be recruited by the Illuminati/Masons or any other secret society? Why not? This thread has at least attempted to show all the correlations and possible connections that implies and shows that there is a possible connection, whether Jay Z or any other hip hop artist is using this as some sort symbolism to be cool and seem in the know or because they are actually part of it, is yet to be determined. We're discussing the "obvious" symbolism here, which there clearly is alot of.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ok....but there is the remotest possibility that some use symbolism to "show off" and create entertainment-mystery.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Definitely it could be all an innocent game played by people ignorant of the symbology being used. Even intentional use of the symbology to perhaps even demean or lessen it's original meaning, and of course it could also be a conspiracy.. you know the whole rich people secrety society thing too... all is possible... hence the discussions.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I think there is something about spiritually-oriented jamaican musicians not being welcome in the U.S. music industry though.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

so you're saying a talented rapper songwriter CANNOT be recruited by the Illuminati/Masons or any other secret society? Why not? This thread has at least attempted to show all the correlations and possible connections that implies and shows that there is a possible connection, whether Jay Z or any other hip hop artist is using this as some sort symbolism to be cool and seem in the know or because they are actually part of it, is yet to be determined. We're discussing the "obvious" symbolism here, which there clearly is alot of.

If you know anything about hip-hop culture you would know that there is no chance of this being the case. Could Barry Manilow being in the NWO?? Maybe...but Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop Dog, Dre, etc. are not, have never been, and never will be in some sort of old guy Bildeberg/NWU/Illuminati organization. It's just not possible even in fantasy land.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Jay-Z with Bill Gates

and with Kofi Annan

Maybe a bit closer than you would like to think....

DocMoreau

Edit to add: I am a 20+ years hip hop vet. And as can be seen, I am the one providing the most support to this. I even admit to buying many Jay-Z albums over the years, all of them in fact. I have to tell you I was floored when I first saw the evidence, but the more and more connections I saw, I could not deny that there is something here.

Who better to indoctrinate the minds of America, and the world's youth, than to use one of their biggest stars? Barry Manilow, hardly...

[edit on 27/2/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chapel
It's just not possible even in fantasy land.

Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thecry

I can see where you 're going with the jay-z thing. I se how it fits. On the otherhand I'm not too sure about the first song you were talking about. I just don't see it. I mean I could take any number of things and tkae any # of things from it but that doesn't make it so.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I think I know what you're implying, but I think the color "green" takes precedence over all if you get what I'm implying.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I think I know what you're implying, but I think the color "green" takes precedence over all if you get what I'm implying.

yeah, I get what you're saying..a business deal with somebody that might happen to be involved in sort of banking family is one thing. But a guy like Jay-Z doesn't give up artistic control even for money...he'd sell out of the back of his car before that happened...so to think that someone would slip lyrics in that had to do with this topic is just not believable.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

...so to think that someone would slip lyrics in that had to do with this topic is just not believable.

That 'someone' IS Jay-Z. He is the CEO of Rockafella (Rockerfeller) and writes all of his own lyrics. In fact 'writes' is perhaps the wrong word.

Jay-Z, whose "Rain Man" recording process finds him mumbling words to himself in the studio before stepping into the booth to spit out a complete song, definitely has the corner locked when it comes to rappers composing full songs in their heads.

www.mtv.com...

Sounds a little bit like channeling a spirit, don't you think?
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone is suggesting that he is being controlled... and is being forced into one type of music over another.. just that business dealings and success comes with a price, possibly the "connection" we're speaking of here and that he's using his music to tell us about it.

It could be that a secret society ie. Masons/Illuminati etc would be interested in "convincing" these rappers/stars that they are "in" and "in the know" but be totally using them, and everyone is happy with their end of the deal because of the green and everyone continues to get "used".

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Man, you have it all wrong and half of the lyrics arent even right. She is saying her umbrella is a protection and she will always be there for that person, so they can stand under her umbrella. And the pyramid and her being nude is the concept of art. so, relax man, don't turn this into a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

DocMoreau

Yeah, either that or free-styling. You take your pick on which is more applicable in this situation.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

I was referring to the 'Rainman' like mumbles before he records.

I guess you could consider spitting memorized or mesmerized lyrics as freestyling.
Personally, I have always been more of a fan of off the dome freestyles, on specific topics presented. Anyone could spit 'written' lyrics to the beat, right?

Either way, his skill at 'writing' lyrics in his mind is well documented.
And I acknowledge that.
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, I am a Rnb Hip Club DJ and have been for 20 years now, after reading this thread i actually made a realisation you can call it a coincidence or whatever but over the majority of my dj career and mainly as of late i have for some reason stopped playing music from, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Game, P Diddy. Many people have come up to me at the club to request songs from these artists and for some reason i say no, there just seems to a barrier that tells me to not play any of their music, i also personally think Jay-Z's music sucks as of late anyway, maybe it was my inner-self telling me or maybe i only use my dj gifts to spread music of light i don't know. Just thought i'd like to share.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

...so to think that someone would slip lyrics in that had to do with this topic is just not believable.

That 'someone' IS Jay-Z. He is the CEO of Rockafella (Rockerfeller) and writes all of his own lyrics. In fact 'writes' is perhaps the wrong word.

Jay-Z, whose "Rain Man" recording process finds him mumbling words to himself in the studio before stepping into the booth to spit out a complete song, definitely has the corner locked when it comes to rappers composing full songs in their heads.

www.mtv.com...

DocMoreau

he WAS the CEO of rockafella...he has resigned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join