It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court to address: Do you have a legal right to own a gun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
For me personally, I'm just not going to give mine up, end of story!! I think all of us gun owners have seen the videos of Gun Confiscation in New Orleans and no one should tolerate that at all!!! Most of the people down there gave them up, except for a brave 70 year old woman who took on some pig cop, damn he must have been proud of himself for that one!! I'm going to be picking up as many guns as I can in the next few months so that I can protect my family and myself from the tyrants who run our government. I think I'll pick up some more shotgun slug ammo this weekend, double 00 buck is always good!

Stand up for your rights folks, this is NOT Nazi Germany!! We are not slaves!!

Purduegrad05

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Do we not have the constitutional right to bear arms. I have always wonderd why this is something debated. How can we change or make new law after law after law. It has to stop at some point doesnt it. America is sounding less and less like America with the bending of the constitution. I am pretty sure the people that could take our guns away have never had familly now or in the past that have fed thier familly by hunting. If this stuff starts to happen I might have to move to New Hampshire and live by thier credo LIVE FREE OR DIE

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
One of the legal tactics to disarm citizens if not through gun control, is to convict and label one as a felon. By law, now you may never have, own or posses a gun. Ever notice how they hand out felonies. I got one from 88 where I fell behind in child support. I was out of work and alerted the system to a change. The system rounded me up and found me guilty of felony failure to support. So I now lost my second amendment right. They'll get you anyway they can to disarm citizens so there will be no resistance to there cut throat tactics. And if you think the legal system is there to protect you, think again, it protects itself and those in control.

If the founding writers of the amendment meant to take guns from the hands of citizens they would have done it long ago rather than now.

It's just NWO BS.....

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well heres kind of my opinion on much of this. the bill of rights doesnt cover most of the things we base our normal every day laws on. i mean it doesnt say we have the right to not be murdered (yes i know thats spelled out in the preamble to the declaration, but its not in the bill of rights that im aware of), yet, there are laws saying that if you do commit murder youre going to either jail for life or the chair (well i suppose now its the table) same with rape, theft, extortion, prostitution, and booze/cigs/drugs.

i guess what im saying is that our founding fathers didnt feel the need to write out the whole CFR as they trusted that we would adapt grow and evolve (not in the darwin sense i hope ya'll follow) as a country and society.

they didnt feel the need to assume we were all going to be morons who needed everythign spelled out for us.

however:what they DID do was to take the key parts, the things they themselves had revolted for to gain, and make DAMN SURE that those rights would be carved in granite (ok written down with ink on parchment) to protect those rights that all free men and women should have.

ive said repeatedly that i dont foresee us moving into a dictatorship/police state and i stand by those opinions. however im also not so arrogant as to say that i cant be wrong either.

the constitution is not ambiguous unless one is being deliberatly obtuse. ("well that depends on what your definition of "is" is") its non-negotiable, and the key to holding on to those ideals rests within the 2nd amendment.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Federal Government has no authority outside of the Federal Zone (this includes everything but the 50 States of the Union).

Now if that is what the Constitution meant then it would made the same clarifications for standing armies and the like... but it does not!

Besides Judges do not make law that is left for the legislative branch.

Either way, how can you confuse this?
The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”
The original and copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:
“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, whereas the legislative branch makes the laws, the judicial branch can find all the "loop holes" to interpret the laws they pass to warp and distort it to meet "thier" needs and not necessarily "our" needs.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Once again there trying to take another freedom away. I wish the founding fathers would see what the government is doing. Im sure they wouldnt be happy and probably have to kick some ass. Making it illegal to own a gun doesn't solve anything. For example having crack is illegal but people still do it and find a way to get it. It will be the same case. Then hilary wants to raise the age hahaha thats not going to stop it people plus kids dont buy guns. This own situtaion makes want to go buy a gun for protection.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by ATruGod

You and Ionized should run out and immediately and get some long guns in your home. If applicable you should also start the ball rolling on getting pistol permits whether you want a pistol or not because the government loves messing with the permitting process.

Done. Mossberg 500 Tactical 12 ga pump action with Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing stock. My first ever, because I have the right, and potentially the need to own one. Still investigating pistol permit process, ran out of money to actually get a pistol though.

Had a great talk with the owner of the gun shop. He asked me what I was interested in, and I opened with "I'm interested in protecting the constitution and my rights as a living entity." He made several weapon suggestions before we agreed that a shotgun would be the best first purchase. He did warn it can turn into an expensinve hobby (shooting ranges, ammo, etc..)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Hey my first ever was a Mossberg 590. Essentially identical to what you've got but with a couple of tweaks.

Good choice. That Mossberg will perform flawlessly for generations to come. It's good enough to carry for the cops, good enough to carry for the military and certainly good enough for you and me.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

if this is your first ever firearm purchase, id really recommend getting some practice time in asap. load heavy for your first few shots as well so you know what to expect. a 12g with mag loads or even standard 3" 00buck can really get your attention when you fire it and if you dont know what to expect, that could prove distracting the first time you really need it. so, the more you know what to expect and are comfortable with it, the less likely that it will prove to be a fatal distraction.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking about joining the local firing range club so that I have a good place to practice; something like $30 a year is a good price for the benefits of a place to shoot and people to learn from. I'll be starting light on the ammo to get my shoulder used to it, the recoil reducing stock is said to help a lot. I plan on getting in lots of practice with various loads so that I can learn the differences and what to expect from each. I can definitely see this as being an expensive hobby.

But it is much more than a hobby, it is a right. We are not all entities programmed and blindly governed. We are living, thinking beings that are part of a natural environment and as such we have the inherent right to defend ourselves in whatever way necessary. In this age that means arming yourselves with the same weapons that will be used against you. Match your aggressor in arms but outsmart them in thought. Threaten with force when it is threatened against you. Double-standards be damned, they are for the sheep.

Many people say 'it will never happen, the government will never take away our guns.' Such thinking if short sighted and ignorant. The removal of guns from our society is a high priority for the PTB, and there are redundant processes in place that are working towards that goal. It isn't necessary to achieve of course, there are other routes to take. But if it is achieved it will help to simplify further action against us.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I say this with 100% certainty

A ruling which serves to limit individual rights, Is a ruling against the People, and as far as I'm concerned an official declaration of war against The People of the several states, I'm a citizen, I am Militia, and I'm not saying this because of some NRA gun toting BS, Don't # with me, don't # with my family, and don't # with my property or my liberty.

Thats not a threat thats a warning, I will stand by and let you do whatever you want until you violate my rights, after that all bets are off, you made the choice to cross the line and thus, you are responsible for the fate you suffer.

/waits for the knock at my door.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goblue
Do we not have the constitutional right to bear arms.

No.

The Constitution has nothing to do with our rights, The most important ones which basically cover all the basses so no one could screw things up were written down, they just didn't count on the ones who would/could screw it up, not knowing how to read...

But yeah, The Constitution gives us NOTHING, It protects that which is already ours.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If the Supreme Court rules against the right to bear arms, this country needs to revolt.

www.io.com...

Those are some quotes from the Founding Fathers and influential men of the past. They clearly state we, American citizens, have the right to bear arms.

"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

- Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787, letter to William S. Smith, see Jefferson On Democracy, 20 (S. Padover ed. 1939).

Never forget this quote. We must follow our Founding Fathers, as they knew what would happen if we didn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ah gun control, what a great topic. The beliefe that a 110 pound woman should have to fistfight a 220 pound rapist. Gotta love those that wish to trample on our rights. Buy ammo now before money becomes obselite and the bush gas coins come out.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
does anyone know what the date is that the supreme court will make its decision on this matter? i thought it was in june but not sure on the date.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join