It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court to address: Do you have a legal right to own a gun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They can have my guns when they [PRY MY COLD DEAD FINGERS FROM THEM]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

They can have my guns when they [PRY MY COLD DEAD FINGERS FROM THEM]

They can have my guns if and only if, I can have theirs.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't believe that American soilders would try to disarm the populace either.I do believe that the pact signed with Canada and Mexico might afford the right military forces to try it. Food riots would proceed martial law! It always has in the past.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You can have my guns, sure.... What about this homemade Combustion cannon? Or these Robotic Laser driods i made in my basement lol Not to mention I have more blades then you skill cells.

Guns if it ever gets that far, We will be using alot more against them lol I mean I talked about it before but Fecal Matter Bombs... Just gross But man its a bomb. and imagine the cars they are resources for anything we can imagine.. Legos anyone lol. I grew up in the A team, Macgyver, Goonies age, thats one dangerious person lol ....... HAHAHAHA

" Oh an you can have my gun,........ If you can find it "

or " My gun? Oh all I have left of it is the handle. here yeah go "

"gun? ok here you go....., sir this is a banana ............it still works too just squeeze "

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

NRA news web site
here what the nra web cast is saying: NRA That links is A free-speech roundtable of political conversation with NRA leaders, newsmakers, authors, lawmakers, journalists and other guests as well as live, late-breaking news about your Second Amendment rights and other freedoms every weekday (Monday-Friday):

Noon : news briefs
3:00 p.m. : news briefs
5:00 p.m. : daily news Ginny Simone
8:00 p.m. : cam tease
9:00 p.m - cam and company
*All times are Eastern Standard Time.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

The courts don't HAVE common sense! I have been wittness to this fact years ago. BUSH's consistant erosion of our consitutional rights are the living example, revoking the Posse Camitatus Act allowing our own military to act as a civilian police force should be our first clue.

An armed population shall not be victim of a tyranical Government such as what the BUSH legacy holds in store for us. We should all retain our rights to bear arms, to stand up against such blatant disregard for what our founding fathers gave us, all in anticipation of the things that our current government has in mind.

I do not advocate acting out against our government, but then again...it hasn't been a Government "by the people, for the people" for so long, so what does that leave us?

It is time that we put an end to Government which clearly acts out of it's own selfish greed, we cannot as a nation continue to live with such things, the more people who understand this and act according to the rights we have the better we all shall be!

O.K., so if that makes me a *nut* so be it! I belive that our current government hides from us the single truth that would se us all free, upon a better path, a peaceful path, one on which they fear to tread, because then and only then WE would alo be the ENLIGHTENED ONES, free to choose a path which differs from the enslavement and control that they have in store for each of us!

In the END, it is they who shall fall, WE shall rise and be saved from the tyranny and opression that they inflict upon each of us, cursed are the soldiers who follow with the corrupt Government's wishes, the time is now to stop following blindly and band together to achieve what it was that our forefathers had in mind for this great country, for those who sarcifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security!

Amen!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The second amendment says NOTHING about 'felony'.

So anyone prohibiting a 'felon' from owning a gun is breaking the law.

Of course, the worst violent repeaters SHOULD be prohibited...
but with so many levels of felonies, such as a drug charge, it makes no
sense to prohibit a constitutional right.

Remember, it's a right; Not a priviledge, such as a driver's license.

"Preserve your right to keep and arm bears" !

Luckily, the lawmakers, judges and prosecuters enjoy 'carrying'...
So it's unlikely they will challenge the constitution. Hypocrites!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I love threads like this. It gets me wondering what I might do when I get that knock at the door that will take away my firearms.

I did a quick google search for "well regulated" and came up with THIS website.

It's a bit of a read, but I think it pertains to this topic rather well.

Some snippits...

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution states: "A well
regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The
reference to a "well regulated" militia, probably conjures up a
connotation at odds with the meaning intended by the Framers. In today's
English, the term "well regulated" probably implies heavy and intense
government regulation. However, that conclusion is erroneous.

It is also helpful to contemplate the overriding purpose and object of
the Bill of Rights in general. To secure ratification of the
Constitution, the Federalists, urging passage of the Constitution by the
States had committed themselves to the addition of the Bill of Rights, to
serve as "further guards for private rights." In that regard, the first
ten amendments to the Constitution were designed to be a series of "shall
nots," telling the new national government again, in no uncertain terms,
where it could not tread.

HERE is the website again.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't need a court to tell me if I have a right to carry a gun or not. I have a copy of the U.S. Constitution and all amendments. That's all the authority I need. Beware the person who tries to relieve me of my constitutional rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What truly shocks me is the fact that this debate was brought about by the turning over of the current laws in Washington, D.C. which are total garbage. I was raised around the Capitol, and I am all too familiar with the corruption of the police, civil services, and various other factors of local government. One of the greatest injustices is the current Gun Law. Everyone I know in the city of D.C. already has a gun, shotguns, assault rifles, handguns, you name it, they have it. On New Years it sounds like Fallujah throughout the city as folks celebrate with their "illegal" guns. I can be on the phone with a friend who lives in the roughest section of the city, and you can hear gunshots in the background from shootouts, no joke. When they were about 12 years old, they were standing on their front porch, next to their neighbors porch, chatting with them and catching up on the times. Before my friend knew it, some guy in a hoody walked up in broad daylight and shot the neighbor about 2 feet away. Fortunately he escaped with his life, but his leg received a severe gunshot wound, blood everywhere, and mortal screaming from the burning. This is the reality of D.C., and the reality of life under their current Gun Ban.

The Gun Ban was introduced in the 1970's as a supposed measure to allow legal ownership from those already owning firearms, yet prevent further gun ownership within city limits. Needless to say, with the highest Murder Rate in the Nation, even higher than Kingston, Jamaica, and all of this despite it being less violent than in the 1980's during the Crack Wars, this law has failed miserably. The only folks prevented from owning guns and protecting themselves are those truly honest, upstanding, decent folks who wish to completely abide by the law. To be honest, if I currently lived in the District, I wouldn't be so honest ....

-The current law allows for Police Officers to only choose between two models of Glock for carry when they are off-duty, and nothing more.

-Special Police Officers are allowed only six-shot Revolvers, and when they take their sidearm home, them must lock it away, use a gun-lock, or disassemble it, and store the ammunition in a seperate locked area.

-Armed Security Guards are only allowed six-shot Revolvers, and if their work place has proper storage, they must leave it there. If not, they must take it straight home, without stopping anywhere, and lock it away, use a gun-lock, or disassemble it, and store the ammunition in a seperate locked are.

-Other D.C. based Police Officers, such as those stationed at the Library of Congress (Library of Congress Police, which are seperate from the Metropolitan Police, AKA D.C. Cops) may only use their weapons on the premesis, despite being LEO's, and they must abide by the same laws as Special Police Officers.

-Federal Officers, or Government Based Police abide by their own laws on weapon types, models, and carrying procedures.

-Civilians/Citizens are ONLY allowed to keep shotguns over a certain length in their houses, rifles over a certain length, or handguns registered before the ban. They must keep these firearms locked away at all times, or with a gun-lock on them at all times, or disassembled at all times, with the ammunition kept locked away in a seperate location at all times. Under no circumstances are they allowed to leave their residence with these firearms. I believe any violation of this Code is up to 1 Year in Jail, and /or a $2,500 fine.

Well, with all of the violence, drive-by's, walk-ups, and shoot-outs, I guess this ban truly works, wouldn't you agree?!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ameria is about too Pwn itself.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hmm then theres Canada, what we have is a national gun registry but people in parliament who oppose it say its a waste of money, the reason they imposed it was because there was a lot of gun crime in Toronto, but of course its always been on the rise and people say they aren't doing anything about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
At a glance this is about lowering gun violence. Even at a glance taking away the people's right to own guns is a plan that has NOT been thought through for the simple reason that those with legally purchased guns use them to defend themselves from the criminals this revocation ostensibly seeks to protect. What would be left is thugs with black market guns having a field day with defensless citizens PERIOD

Now I know the government knows this and that's why it isn't about that. It's really about disarming the citizenry as most of you already know. It's about ever infringing swipes on freedom and this would make it so when push comes to shove "we the people" cannot fight back. One only needs to look as far back as Katrina to see the first thing "the militia (aka National Guard)" did was go door to door and forcibly strip you of your guns. With rioters, looters, rapists, murderers etc. running rampant you would think that's the time when you need your gun the most. Well the government doesn't think so and that will be indicative of the policy that will reign if we ever have martial law excersised here again.

The gubmint isn't stupid. It's always under the guise of your protection. I won't say "It's probably a smart idea to have a stash of non-registered guns" because I wouldn't want to give you the idea I was encouraging you to break the law.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Look, either way this goes on the 18th Americans will still own guns. I know that for me, I will never give up my guns. I am just one of millions that feel the same way. America has money, and the world is full of guns. Ban guns and they will still make it across the oceans into the hands of patriots. If you want to understand the reality the last line in the movie Lord Of War says it all. "You know who's going to inherit the world? Arms dealers. Because everyone else is too busy killing each other".

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
exactly merryxmas this is about making the americans unable to defend ourselves when they try an tell us to stop reguarding our rights and take this number its your new name! Workerdrone34553234452225576455

Ive about had it with this Political Garbage. Nothing more is it. Lets round up all the political figures throw em in the Bmore city projects or maybe East side baltimore and then lets ask em if they would like to keep their right to own a gun.

then we can take em to Detriot and do the same then to Compton LA, sam deal, I mean WTF. Last but not least if all else fails they can duke it out in the THunderdome for all I care....

Political Figures = Peatmoss to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The truth is, if this were really America, we wouldn't allow things like this to happen.

"You are not going to spend my tax money so you can sit around and discuss all the reasons I am not allowed to protect myself. Because I'm an American, and I will kill you if you try to remove my freedoms."

This is all we need to say. And we need to be serious when we say it. Willing to die.

But this is not really America. It's a place where people are born and call themselves Americans, or a place where they come to to make more money etc. Being American really isn't about protecting your freedome anymore. We're being played like suckers.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well we are a nation of laws and regulations, in the event that the Supreme Court decides in favor against the the full intention of the right of the people to keep and bare arms we should as a whole gather en mass and turn in our privately owned guns and ammunition, in a direct and orderly fashion...I suggest one bullet at a time in a carefully expedient manner to the local, state and federal ellected officials of your choice. As you find them. And so that no one feels special make sure that they each recieve two or three rounds.

Those that feel particularly patriotic should go out and obtain as much ammuntion and guns to turn in a you feel fit and able to do. But please keep in mind that there are upwards of 10 million privately held guns and in the neighborhood of 1 billion rounds of ammunition. There are only 535 members of Congress, 12 Supreme Court justices and 1 President and 1 Vice-President, odds are they will get theirs fairly quickly by those that reside in the area so we all do not have to rush to DC to make sure theyare properly shown compliance with a particularly poor, but nonetheless uphelded and support decision.

Enough satire, now for the meat.

Unless of course the Supreme Court realises that the Second Ammendment is there separately from the Presidental power of Commander In Chief of all armed forces and the Congressional power of financing and maintaining a recognised military for a very good reason. And that a few of the original 13 states would only ratify the Constitution provided the Bill of Rights were added.

Under the Articles of Confederation, the adoption of the Constitution required all states to agree to resign from the Original Articles in exchange for the new system of government guided by the Constitution. So our government has in effect been changed once before for something different.

Despite the Roe v Wade decision, court rulings do not circumvent Constitutonal Ammendments. Congress would have to draft a new Ammendment, pass it by 2/3, send it to the states to ratify by 2/3 and then and only then would private ownership be illegal. Until this time the will of the People can step in and lobby Congress in the correct course of action including declaring the entire federal government a domestic enemy and a threat to the People and legally remove them by force under the Second Ammendment.

The US Government is infinately short sighted and stupid, but self-preservation should kick in at some point in the process that an action that might cause a potential 300 million people to come kill you would be a poor choice. If not, well we can always turn in our ammo one bullet at a time.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I hate it when I am previewing a nice well written post and I lose it...... Here it is.....

My only advise is we all get ourselves to the next gun show and "stock up." Find a gun show near you! I would only buy with cash as CC purchases can be easily tracked. In Boston, they have already tested how effective a door to door gun search would pan out. Boston door to door gun search

Under the new Patriot Acts they can consider us gunowners a Nation Threat. The Patriot Act would give the feds the authority to get rid of terrorists "by any means necessary." All they need now is to rig a law that could be interpreted as any civilian owning a gun could be considered a terrorist threat regardless of what the 2nd amendment states. My friends, a bill is set and poised in place for this court decision. Homegrown Terrorist Act

Here are 2 YouTube videos which I feel best portays thier intentions for this bill
YouTube Video #1
YouTube Video #2

Here is a breakdown of the status of this bill. All information is gathered from Gov Bill Tracker

In Congress the bill is HR 1955
Passed on 10/23/2007

In the Senate, the bill is called S 1959 Tracker
Introduced on 8/2/2007
HAS NOT BEEN VOTED ON YET!

As you see bills you object to being presented, you may be asking yourself, "What can an average American citizen do?". The answer is we have always had the power to change things. We just never did anything. We have to put most of the blame on ourselves for allowing this civil liberties being breached. Senate has already passed this, it is stalled in congress, though.

If the majority of the registered voters in that person's precinct demand they vote one way regarding a bill, the representative is most likely going to vote your way. Otherwise we will not vote for them nest term. They will not be re-elected. Most representatives want to be re-elected. All of us need to spread this secret to all and all of us need to start excercising our voices and votes.

Here are Direct links to find both your congressman and Senate so you can contact them.

Find and write your congressman

Find and write your Senator

Good Luck!
May God have mercy on thier souls for I will not if they come for me.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by Amaxium]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starskipper

Sorry, the NRA is no longer the "pitbull" of the 2nd amendment, it has become a small furrykitten. I will not be renewing my membership. Have letters from the "general council". They have been 'eaten" by the vile cancer of "bipartisanship"............

More accurate records would mean fewer wrongful delays and denials. More honest citizens would be able to exercise their right to arms, while potentially dangerous people could be screened out more effectively. There’s just no sound reason to let the system be as incomplete as it’s been for the past nine years.

www.nraila.org...

The exact opposite has happened. The "liberal" states have dumped raw arrest records into the system. Denials have skyrocketed.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Prepare my fellow americans..... this is our country, no matter who thinks they have the reigns remeber we have the forces we have the will we have the belief that this country will remain one of which values freethought an freewill that values the words of our United STates Constitution that We will never fall without cause, WE ARE AMERICANS wether or not you were born here, you are here an thats what matters, take up you minds your voices your hearts and your souls believe that this great nation will never fall into the hands of greedy selfish ignorants for long, that with this one single belief that

America was founded apon freedom

Protect that believe that, follow that, for this is what an who we are, an we need to stop this moronic takeover of who we are. This world has seen what americans can do, but also just what America is able to do under the power of ONE american. While All of us together shall unite an remember why an how we got here, what blood an sweat was shed to develope this free nation of equality and Oppurtunies.

NEVER LET US FORGET WHO FOUGHT AN DIED BEFORE US FOR AMERICA
let there highest loss create our Highest Will. For we will not take this siting down, We will take this in the eyes if we have too,

" you can break our bones but you cannot break our Will."

Never Will this government or any other government Decide to alter those sacred Documents, They are who we are an How we believe, and they are why we will not let this country be created in one parties point of view.

this is America we are America We Live America We Protect America.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join