It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Fidel Castro will start the democratic changes in Cuba 2008-10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,
This opportunity let me refer to the imminent change process that Cuba will start to have since this next week in the political, economical and social aspects.

Fidel Castro is at present more ill that any person can imagine in the USA, his personal condition is really bad since there are various different complications, all arround his intestinal and digestive system problems and it is so possible that he dies in the near Future. I feel that his weakness is terrible and he is partially unconcious the major part of the time.

Castro is trying with his resignation to save the System that he started with the Revolution of Dec 1958-Jan 1959. He knows very well that if he insist to be the supreme leader of the party and the country for more time his death will be more damaging to the Cuban comunism that if he decide to transfer all the goverment to the hands of his close colaborators.

Of course the way in which the Dictator is thinking this transition must be is toward his brother Raul. However, I can see clearly that the decission taken yesterday to resign in advance, with respect to the General internal election of the Communist party, is opening an ample space for the different factions that are pushing for the power and that will try to assume the control of the country as soon as possible.

There is an internal division in the Communist Party between conservators of the hard marxist line and reformers, the young people of the party, that think Cuba must advance to a more modern system of seudo market economy, of course strongly controled by the State.

The Unity of the Comunists is dramatically eroded since there new sectors so opposed to give to Raul the same type of Dictatorial attributes that his brother have had for so long time. The Election of the successor of Castro will be a challange to the Unity and will expose the multiple fractures of the political system.

From other side the American Cuban movement is moving from Miami all their cards to try to force a Democratic spring as soon as possible, there is a so carefully constructed web of AntiCastro resistence in all the island.

I can see that the change toward a democratic rule will be possible but the Cuban People must show a lot of courage to fight for their freedom, this will be a hard process in many aspects but without Castro the things will run faster that many observers imagine.

The Catholic Church will be a decissive force in the promotion of the democratic changes. The participation of the Church in the transition toward a multiparty poltical system with a market economy without exploiding an internal conflict will be so important. This could be possible by signing an agreement between all the social sectors to try to conserve some social guarantees accomplished on the years of the Revolution rule.

Thanks,
Your friend,
The Angel of lightness

[edit on 2/21/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Dear Readers,
The surprinsing decission of the new Cuban government to suscribe the International Human rights agenda proposed by the United Nations, that was several times rejected by the Dictator Fidel Castro as unacceptable, is an evidence that my prediction of incoming democratic changes in the Island was correct.

This is the first of many changes that Raul Castro must do if he want to obtain the necessary support of the more liberal sectors of the Comunist party and the new generations of Cubans that are decided to force a drastic turn in favor of more freedom.

The general approach that Raul Castro is trying to do is to develop some type of Glasnost or Cuban Perestroika that gradually will give more rights to the civil population but without risk of lose of control for the authorities.

thanks,
Your friend,
The Angel of lightness

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all the belong to the light,
Dear readers,
In this occasion let me refer to the news that are arriving this week from Cuba in which the policy of changes toward modernization and more individual rights is going exactly in the direction that I predicted when I opened this thread.

We have this week the incredible change, for many political analysts, that Raul Castro is doing giving even more freedom in private communications with his new authorization of the use of celular phones for all the civil population of Cuba.

Now even the most skepticals analysist are looking with interest the new approach of Raul Castro to the reality of Cuba on these days and are for the first time giving to him credit as a reformer, you can read for instance this comments on :
www.time.com...

As I promised the changes are going to be boosted day by day during the final illness of Fidel Castro and without stoping bejond his death.

Thanks for your atention,
your friend,

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 4/4/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I must be a better psychic than you. I predicted all this last year.

How can you say is "your" prediction after the fact?? You predicted what?

That Fidel would give up power to Raul? I knew that. I am also going to tell you that Raul is not anywhere nearly as much of a commie as Fidel and upon Fidels demise, there's no telling what will happen.

Ok, here's a prediction: Raul will give Internet access to all. Digital cameras and cell phones.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on 2/21/2008 @ 06:10 PM
There is an internal division in the Communist Party between conservators of the hard marxist line and reformers, the young people of the party, that think Cuba must advance to a more modern system of seudo market economy, of course strongly controled by the State

Well, I congratulate you if you share also the optmistic vision that with the slow but sure declination of Fidel Castro, Cuba was going to derive to a more moderate system that even accept the arrival of individual liberties like the ones we are looking Raul Castro is granted in his role of new leader of the State.

Of course the possibility to think that all these changes were impossible to occur since the Comunist regime has almost 50 years ruling the political, social and economical life of milllions of cubans was real and not all these changes were evident at the end of 2007 and looked very improbable to be done by the own brother of the Dictactor.

It is interesting to remember that the also slow declination in the health of Mao Tse Tung didn't produce such similar effect in drastic changes during his time in the Communist China. At that time no body dared to contradict any previous command or ordenance of the founder of the People's republic of China.

Thanks
your friend,
The Angel of Lightness

[edit on 4/4/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all the belong to the light,
Dear readers,

Once again in only one more day another extraordinary change in Cuba is news around the world in all the information agencies. This time to register that for the first time after the revolution the goverment of the island authorize the funciotioning of private farms that are necessary since the collective ones are not providing enough food for the population.

here is the news:
news.yahoo.com...

As I told in my previous update the trully impotant thing is not that Cuba is modernizing its technology or Science but that the changes that Raul Castro is promoting are all in the direction of moderation of the Communist regime, is actually a series of drastic changes toward more freedom, of course under the presure of the young sectors of the government and the party.

Also let me clarify that I never said in any of my threads that I am the Light that is comming to this world, I am only a servant that works for him, I am only his messenger so it is perfectly possible that other people around the world, if that is the will of God, receive revelation about these same things by the divine grace of Christ.

thanks,
your friend,
The Angel of lightness

[edit on 4/6/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

Once again the evolution of the recent political events in la Havana with the forced resignation of two very experienced functionaries of the Castrist regime, the cancellor Felipe Perez Roque and the Vicepresident of the State Council Carlos Lage Davila confirm my predictions that there are many things changing in the interior of the Cuban society , and moreover new currents trying to force a drastic change in the State even before Castro Ruz die.

Here is the content of the resignation letters of these two important functionaries:
www.miamiherald.com...

and more details of how this crisis evoluted,
content.usatoday.net...

Although the concrete reasons for which Fidel Castro considered as unacceptable the behaviour of these two very old colaborators and personally requested his resignation not only to their jobs in the goverment but also their seats in the National Asssembly, remain in confidentiality, as a top state secret, it is clear that this was a case of lack of loyalty to the regime.

This is a clear example of the rebelion of the younger generations in the Communist party I predicted to happen, that now are trying to force new changes to promote the liberalization and democratization of the State, now that Fidel look to be only a shade of the past.

I can say that it does matter how many more resignations the Castro brothers demand in the near future, it is clear that Cuban people is waiting patiently the death of the Dictator to force the end of the regime.

Raul Castro thinks now that he is able to preserve the legacy of his brother but that is not going to run as he imagine when he be the only member of his family in the power.

thanks, for your attention,

your friend,

The Angel of Lightness

[edit on 6/6/2009 by The angel of light]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is more to the Communist regime in Cuba than the castro brothers.

There is a system in which certain people have acquired power, and these people are not going to let go of this power.

Communism will unfortunately remain in the island for a lot longer, unless there is a revolt by the Cuban people.

Even if there are any changes, there are some very powerful and influential Communists in Cuba which will make their own revolution and start the whole thing all over again.

BTW DG knows I am also a Cuban-American.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The angel of light

Once again the evolution of the recent political events in la Havana with the forced resignation of two very experienced functionaries of the Castrist regime, the cancellor Felipe Perez Roque and the Vicepresident of the State Council Carlos Lage Davila confirm my predictions that there are many things changing in the interior of the Cuban society , and moreover new currents trying to force a drastic change in the State even before Castro Ruz die.

There have been similar changes in the past, and in no way should this be seen as something good.

BTW, a couple years ago or so i posted how the Russian government went to Cuba and explained to the Communist regime that the Russians will sell them military weapons, and "anything else the Communist regime wants to buy".

And with Chavez in power in Venezuela Chavez will try his hardest to make sure Communism remains in Cuba also. Chavez is known for giving money, as well as arms to 'revolutionaries" so the Communist permanent revolution can be spread to other countries.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

On the summer of 1988 I got a revelation that responded to my question about the future of the humanity and spefically about the risk of the Nuclear armageddon that many believed it was to going to happen before the 2000.

I received a response in dreams to my pray about this topic that came several times to my mind at that epoch. It was the virgin Mary the one that appeared in one of my dreams advising that so soon, although that was considered as almost impossible to occur, the Soviet Union will change dramatically, that all its terrible military power will be neutralized and that Communism will no longer exist in Russia or in Eastern Europe.

When I started to research about the possibilities that this premonition could be accomplished, I found that on March of 1985 S.S. the Pope John Paul II consacrated Russia to the Holy heart of St. Mary, as it was requested in the Fatima appearition of 1917, to get reality the promise given by the Virgin that she could change the future of that great Nation and the world if that rite was comitted by the Holy father.

Today there is no Longer Soviet Union and although it could look as incredible the most powerful military empire ever existed in the History ended without any conflict, without World War and also without thousands of deaths as many expected.

I am pretty sure that neither Fidel Castro neither Hugo Chavez are more powerful than once it was Stalin, or Breshnev or Andropov, so if the will of God is that their rules don't continue anymore, as I believe it is, that is going to happen without any delay it does matter how difficult it look. After all we are talking about well known Communists, well known Dictators, and well known anti-Christian leaders.

The key of this miracle is to pray, and to do that with faith, that is my advise to the good people of Cuba and Venezuela that are waiting anxiously for their liberation, as well as with the Bolivians, Equatorians and Nicaraguans.

thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

[edit on 6/11/2009 by The angel of light]

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear readers,

Today is a historic date that will be remembered by many along several generations. President Barack Obama became the first American leader in to take a decision that was just few years ago unthinkable, to reestablish diplomatic relationships with Cuba.

news.yahoo.com...

This is neither a victory for any of the two sides, neither a defeat, it is just the logical consequence of the long chain of important reforms that Raul Castro has been carrying out under the pressure of the opposition, the Cuban exile in Miami and the most moderate and progressive sectors of the new generations of the Cuban politburo.

As I correctly predicted since 2008 the only path that Cuba could follow was the one of internal reformation and modernization toward a more democratic political system, and the gradual return to a market economy. Isolation was no longer an option at all, also to maintain a hardcore Communist line was a terrible mistake.

internalreform.blogspot.com...

Raul Castro has understood perfectly that he couldn't rule the island with exactly the same political methods and goals of his brother, that the only chance of survival at future for him and to be able to have a legacy was the one of moderation and conciliation with all the enemies of the past.

www.economist.com...

What today we have seen was , as also predicted, a decision taken with the help of so important mediators, like the catholic church, as well as many business sectors that know the tremendous potential that a renewal of trade in between the two countries has.

Cubans and Americans of today will no longer have to grow knowing that their respective countries have an enemy just less than 100 miles distant of their coasts.

Pls read:

www.democracyinamericas.org...

It is clear that when Fidel Castro dies Cuba will be a very different country than the one he ruled for about 50 years with strongly centralized economy and isolated of the rest of the continent with a constant embargo. The reforms I foresaw in times that were still of ideological confrontation are now running with unstoppable momentum even before that day arrive.

www.cfr.org...

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/17/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear readers,

Today is a historic date that will be remembered by many along several generations. President Barack Obama became the first American leader in to take a decision that was just few years ago unthinkable, to reestablish diplomatic relationships with Cuba.

news.yahoo.com...

This is neither a victory for any of the two sides, neither a defeat, it is just the logical consequence of the long chain of important reforms that Raul Castro has been carrying out under the pressure of the opposition, the Cuban exile in Miami and the most moderate and progressive sectors of the new generations of the Cuban politburo.

As I correctly predicted since 2008 the only path that Cuba could follow was the one of internal reformation and modernization toward a more democratic political system, and the gradual return to a market economy. Isolation was no longer an option at all, also to maintain a hardcore Communist line was a terrible mistake.

internalreform.blogspot.com...

Raul Castro has understood perfectly that he couldn't rule the island with exactly the same political methods and goals of his brother, that the only chance of survival at future for him and to be able to have a legacy was the one of moderation and conciliation with all the enemies of the past.

www.economist.com...

What today we have seen was , as also predicted, a decision taken with the help of so important mediators, like the catholic church, as well as many business sectors that know the tremendous potential that a renewal of trade in between the two countries has.

Cubans and Americans of today will no longer have to grow knowing that their respective countries have an enemy just less than 100 miles distant of their coasts.

Pls read:

www.democracyinamericas.org...

It is clear that when Fidel Castro dies Cuba will be a very different country than the one he ruled for about 50 years with strongly centralized economy and isolated of the rest of the continent with a constant embargo. The reforms I foresaw in times that were still of ideological confrontation are now running with unstoppable momentum even before that day arrive.

www.cfr.org...

The Angel of Lightness

Why are you even posting this? Your thread clearly states that the DEATH of Castro will start the changes back in 2008-2010. You were wrong. Castro is STILL ALIVE, and it is 2014. Every single one of your failed predictions ALWAYS has an "out" from you. Somehow you are now going to claim you were correct about a broad generalization that Cuba is going to have to mend relations with the US in order to build itself back up again.....shocking.

Either way.....this thread is a fail and should be 404'd because it was wrong.

I am sure you will continue to move the bar as usual though....all the while feeling the lord within you and guiding you to post false claims and prophecies on an online conspiracy forum. GO GOD!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

MMmm it seems that being so false and so biased these prophecies , in your narrow thoughts, they still have the power to attract your attention, isn't it? if they would be so fake as you claim possibly you wouldn't be so shocked and your attention might be in other kind of threads.

Definitively nothing is more eloquent that the caliber of the attacks and critics somebody receive, to determine if that person is really moving the floor of others, especially in what attains to prejudges.

Since I know you enough I am going to take this so funny last post in the thread more as flattering than as anything else.

If somebody would asked just 10 years ago if we were going to see the changes we are witnessing in the Cuban aperture to the west and its international image possibly nobody should give any credit to such a prediction. Fidel Castro is not the kind of person to live for ever, and now more than in any other moment in the past it is more clear that at his death Cuba will be dramatically different that the nation he ruled for more than 40 years.

Who ever has read carefully my posts in the thread also could noticed that it was precisely since 2008, with the resignation of Fidel Castro due to his multiple health problems and the arrival of Raul Castro to the power that many changes started to occur in the Island, drastic modifications of the life style of millions of Cubans that arrived after this thread was launched:

- a new program is turning over unused state land to farmers who work the soil for profit. Transfers of land in usufruct: In July 2008, the mass transfer in usufruct of idle land to individuals was ordered.

- Allow Cubans to travel abroad without first seeking permission. Since October 2012. Raul Castro called for the elimination of exit permit requirements (the “carte blanche”) and letters of invitation for Cubans to be able to travel – restrictions that had been in place for decades.

- The buying and selling of houses and cars: In October 2011, the Raul Castro government announced the liberalization of the auto sales market, allowing Cubans to buy and sell used cars .

- Bank loans: Cuban state-run banks begin making loans to individuals starting in December 2011.

- it has been common in the last years to see Cubans who can afford to stay in tourist hotels at the Varadero beach resort.

- Cubans who can afford it can now use cell phones, stay in tourist hotels and buy energy-consuming goods such as rice cookers and DVD players -- which were forbidden when Raul's brother Fidel ran the show.

- The elimination of various “absurd prohibitions” is not all, also he included wage increases and the elimination of the dual currency (the island has two official currencies: the Cuban peso, with which public sector wages are paid; and the convertible peso, or “hard currency,” based on the value of the US dollar and with an exchange rate of 1:24 against the regular Cuban peso).

- Authorization of the sale of home appliances such as microwaves, computers, DVD players and electric scooters. Despite the measure not being announced in the official press, many Cubans flooded stores on April 1, 2008 to buy goods previously available only on the black market.

- Self-employment”: In October 2010 the government expanded authorizations for opening small businesses (in 178 different types of work) in the private sector.

Please read:

www.cnn.com...:WORLD

www.havanatimes.org...

Happy new year to all me readers,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 12/31/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

In all honesty buddy you very specific about Fidel Castro dying between 08-10 for this prediction to come through. You do this with all your predictions. You move around a few major things and bang you are the "Angel of whatever" again in your own head. Do you maybe think that this might be some form of psychiatric problem? You hear voices and then try to convince everyone else you are right when you are wrong. Before you give me a long answer and links to what happened in Cuba this month let me tell you not to bother, you were spectacularly wrong as usual, off by 4-6 years and the main person in your prediction is still alive. Please seek help.

Eta your prediction will actually be off by 5-7 years in a couple of hours. Happy new year
edit on 31-12-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

No, I am so sorry, but definitively you are absolutely wrong , in my thread there was No specific date what so ever posted for the death of Commandant Fidel Castro-Ruz, there is no day or week about that in the thread, but what it was very clear is that he was going to disappear of the public scene and of his role of more than four decades as supreme ruler of the Cuban Revolution at some point in between 2008 and 2010.

The thread was extremely clear, since the very first post, that Fildel Castro was moving away from Power by his own will, but the mechanism he has planned to activate to preserve the integrity of the Marxist regime from any change would not produce the effects he was wishing. Only a reader out of his mind might not see that clearly in the opening post.

The fact is that Fidel Castro , in a way no body predicted it was going to occur, was forced to resignate to his office due to multiple health problems, and the only way he found to stay still in connection with the state was by nominating his own brother Raul as his successor.

What is ironic and also unpredictable for many people , Not for me, is that his sibling was going to carry out a transformation in Cuba in just 6 years as never before was possible in the other almost 50 after the revolution.

Now, I am sure you are not Psychiatrist to be determining who is sane or insane here, but let me remind you that in this country you need to have a medical license to do such dared claims as the ones you have done here, and even with that license if you are wrong or there is no professional diagnostics carried out you could loose it.

Parapsychology, for your information, is a science that study as very real a lot of events that can be easily misunderstood for people that is ignorant or has a very superficial level of education in certain matters. By the way I don't listen voices of any kind in my head, my ability is more in the clairvoyance experience than anything else.

Just a final suggestion Pls read more about medical ethics my friend,

Happy new Year,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Death of Fidel Castro will start the democratic changes in Cuba 2008-10

Your title and now you are saying that you predicted his disappearance from the political scene but that is also wrong because you clearly stated that his resignation happened already in the OP. So you are knowinglying lying why? Are you trying to trick people into thinking you are some sort prophet? Either it is blatant fraud or mental illness, which one?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A title of a thread can have what ever words the author select to choose, in the same way that an advertising in TV or any other media also can use any claim to attract the attention of the observer, but what really counts is the explanation of their symbolic meaning in the opening thread, and that one is clearly saying that everything began with his resignation of power not with his death, as well as the most drastic changes would take place in just 2 years, as it has already happened according with the measures I listed in my previous thread.

Fidel Castro is a figure that is in the shadows right now, and it is clear that the style of Dictatorship he incarnated for decades is politically dead. Now, when he physically dies Cuba will be in many aspects a more open society and right now everything is pointing into that direction.

Again, be careful because to be claiming things about other people you even don't know for which you are not professional accredited or qualified at all is not only harassment , but a violation of ethical norms of the medical profession.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Again, be careful because to be claiming things about other people you even don't know for which you are not professional accredited or qualified at all is not only harassment , but a violation of ethical norms of the medical profession.

Kinda like saying that a person is going to die? Would Mr Castro appreciate that you are predicting his death or would Mr Putin appreciate that you (wrongfully) predicted his assassination during the Sochi Olympics? You are not qualified to say those things but you do, me thinks I am hitting a nerve. Peace of the Angel of baloney be upon you

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I never gave a precise date of the death of Fidel Castro-Ruz, that is something everybody can confirm just reading the opening post, now my prediction released long time in advance of a terrorist attack during the Sochi Olympic games with a scenario of war was more than accomplished.

First at all, there was a powerful explosion of at least hundreds of kilograms of dynamite by the Chenyans in a train station of Volgograd. That city didn't experience a tragedy of such magnitude since the siege of WWII.

Please read: abcnews.go.com...

I think if any inhabitant of Volgograd read your words is going to feel not only disappointed, but frankly insulted. I suggest you every certain time to read not only news of this country but of the world in general.

Please read: www.dw.de...

Now, actually what happened in Volgograd was not all, there was a terrorist plot to boycott in the Olympic village of Sochi and was discovered at last moment by the Russian security, preventing what it was going to be a horrendous tragedy.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Second, the so explosive civil war of Ukraine that is still running with thousands of fatal victims was triggered by the annexation of Crimea that occurred during the week in between the Winter Olympia of Sochi and the Paralympics of Sochi.

If such a war doesn't represent a tremendous explosion of violence around the person of Vladimir Putin honestly I don't know what else can be.

mashable.com...

Your comments are not only ridicule, but deeply dishonest, since they even insulted the memory of a lot of innocent victims of the barbarian Chenyan terrorism, the same that by the way we know by sure was in behind of the second terrorist attack in American soil happened in the marathon of Boston.

Finally I don't see any pleasant end for Vladimir Putin, he is not going to enjoy by sure of a tranquil retirement, to the contrary he is going to pay a so high personal price for his attitudes and decisions in the crisis of Ukraine, as also is going to be the case of President Barack Obama, both played in 2014 a political game that only can burnt their careers by sure.

What we are seeing is so negative causal line that only can ride to a horrible final outcome for who are in behind the crisis, in the same way that the Crisis of the soviet missiles of Cuba had a tremendous weight in the coup d'état against Premier Nikita Khrushev in October 14th 1964, that ended with his long political career in the USSR, and the one that ended with the life of John F. Kennedy in Dallas on November 22nd 1963

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

Today has been a Historic day for the Cuban American relationship that is ending effectively the cold war of XX century and it is beginning officially a XXI century new climate of cooperation, mutual respect and tolerance in between the two countries.

For first time since the Cuban revolution of 1959, in Panama city an American President has sitted down to meet face to face with a Cuban Leader in a friendly and peaceful way, with no complaints or accusations at all from any of two sides, and looking forward to a new future and no longer to a so difficult past that now is a closed chapter.

Pls read:
wlrn.org...

It is so long the way that these two leaders have walked together since when in 2008 both arrived to the power, in different way, one through the resignation of the Commander in Chief of the Cuban revolution, Fidel Castro and the other a first time African American elected for the President office.

* In March 2009, Obama signed into law a congressional spending bill which eased some economic sanctions on Cuba and eased travel restrictions on Cuban-Americans

* The April 2009 executive decision further removed time limits on Cuban-American travel to the island.
* Another restriction loosened in April 2009 was in the realm of telecommunications, which would allow quicker and easier access to the internet for Cuba.
* At the 2009 5th Summit of the Americas, President Obama signaled the opening of a new beginning with Cuba.
* On 27 July 2012, Raúl Castro said that the Government of Cuba is willing to hold talks with the United States government to "discuss anything".
* On 10 December 2013, at a state memorial service for Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and Raúl Castro shook hands with Castro saying in English: "Mr. President, I am Castro."
* On 17 December 2014, the framework of an agreement to normalize relations and eventually end the longstanding embargo was announced by Castro in Cuba and Obama in the United States.
* On April 14, 2015, the Obama administration announced that Cuba will be removed from the United States "Terrorist Sponsor" list.

There is only three Historic precedents of normalization of diplomatic and economic relation in between two traditional y enemy countries similar to this one in modern times:

• Franklyn D Roosevelt attending the Yalta Conference in Crimea on February of 1945 to be the first President in to meet the Soviet Leader Joseph Stalin to agreed the terms of a military alliance against the Axis power.
  • Richard Nixon recognition of the communist regime of Beijing and his historic visitation to China to meet Chairman Mao Tse Tung in 1973.
  • Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev culminant encounter in Reykjavik, Island, of 1986, that is marked historically as the end of the Cold war, and the visitation of the two Presidents to their counterpart countries in 1987 at Washington DC and to Moscow in 1988.

The summit of the Americas 2015 is the culminant point of years of hard work for the diplomacy of both countries that was able to erase a terrible background of confrontation of almost 50 years.

For now it is clear that this so important step is creating the necessary condition for the complete normalization in the relationship and the end of an embargo that some few years ago seemed to be impossible to cut.

It is clear that the island of Cuba is in way to be a very different country sometime in the near future by the death of Fidel A. Castro as it was before this prophecy was released in February of 2008, a little more than a year before the trend of improvement on the bilateral relationship started to be evident.

Now, how is this transition toward Democracy going to happen?

My intuition is that the Communist Party of Cuba finally will be divided following the principal internal currents of:

& Traditional communists that wants to maintain a strong centralized economy,
& Moderate ones in favor of a socialist state tolerant with different economic models
& Advanced reformers that want a robust market economy in which the communist regime only acts as regulator.

This division that will erode the monolithic state structure that has ruled the island for the last 56 years, to open opportunities for the other opposition parties that will emerge to arrive to public offices of free election first time since the Revolution .

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 4/15/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join