It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears to be Flying Behind the Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Would anyone who knows please post the precise location coordinates, the date and the time (UT preferably) this event was captured?
Thanks,

WG3

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

I don't think it's the ISS - too much angular-velocity as you say, but it's worth exploring the possibility if only to rule it out IMO.

Regarding size estimates - I don't think it would be possible to accurately gage the objects size in a case like this. The exposure would have to be spot on. Any significant over-exposure, and the image of the object will "bleed" on to near by pixels, making the object appear larger than it actually is.

hsur - let me know if you are still having trouble finding previous passes, and I'll have a go. I just don't want to have to keep messing with my "home location" if I can avoid it at all

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks again chud...yep...staring me in the face.

Coordinates for Hurst, TX : 32.8230°N, 97.1700°W

ISS was visible: 18:18:48 10 NW 18:21:36 55 NE 18:24:23 10 ESE

see chart

theyareoutthere, does this coincide with the time/direction of your filming?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I don't think it's the ISS - too much angular-velocity as you say,

A typical diametric transit of the moon lasts under 0.5 second. The video is consistant with that.

WG3

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by serg3smurf

Hi Serg,
Thanks for noticing that object in the 12th and 13th sec. I thought when I was looking into the viewfinder that night that I had seen perhaps two anomalies but could not find it on playback. I will look at it again before uploading the original complete video this evening. And yes, the camera head in the tripod was not tight enough so it fell backwards and then what you briefly see is some star directly overhead. The camera was pointed up at approximately a 40-45 degree angle.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Not sure what all that means. The direction I was filming was due East. The time of the object going by was approximately 8:45pm cst. From the link in your post it appears that the ISS was no longer visible after 6:48 p.m. and I assume that is my current time.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Good work hsur. From the time that theyareoutthere posted on youtube (8.45PM), it looks as though we can cross The ISS off our list of possibilities.

Edit to add: the direction of travel of The ISS is N > S, and in the video the objects are traveling S > N... so we can definitely exclude The ISS

I've also checked for any Iridium flares, and there were none that would match the criteria for what we have in the video, so we can cross those off the list as well.

reply to post by waveguide3

It does look a bit faster than 0.5 seconds... but I agree not too far off. Anyway, we can rule that out now I think, no?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've been checking the snapshot video once again...
What it looks like to me is that when the object gets into the moons halo the side of the object faced to the camera gets iluminated.

I'm not very good at things like this, but if the object is infront of the moon it shouldn't be iluminated like that, right? Only parts of it should be...

I was just wondering, from where is that ilumination coming from?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
but if the object is infront of the moon it shouldn't be iluminated like that, right? Only parts of it should be...

Yes - that is what I was trying to say before. The only conclusion is that the object must be self-luminous.

Can we all agree on that now at least?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
well this explains the reason for shooting the missile at it earlier in the so called "spy satellite" something this big... would use a HUGE missile to scare it away... damn government!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

but if the object is infront of the moon it shouldn't be iluminated like that, right? Only parts of it should be...

Yes - that is what I was trying to say before. The only conclusion is that the object must be self-luminous.

Can we all agree on that now at least?

But why isn't that self-lumination showing until it gets into the moons halo?

Me and this space thingy isn't very compatable

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Think i just figure it out...
it could be ice.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

But why isn't that self-lumination showing until it gets into the moons halo?

Just a coincidence that the object happens to brighten/dim at those times - this is typical of the way a meteor brightens, and then fades as it burns up.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Think i just figure it out...
it could be ice.

But where would ice come from?

It would have to be pretty close to the camera to look like that IMO... I think that would be stretching it!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Well, since it got luminated when it got into the halo of the moon, and then disapeared when it got into the moons brightness.
And re-apeared when it exited the moon brightness again.
And it also looks the same, not sure if that is a fluke of the cam or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theyareoutthere

Nice work, but I still feel it's difficult to say exactly what that is.

mensguard, a lot of people claim expertise on this site, but how many people substantiate it? your word carries as much weight as anyone else's on the web. theyareoutthere's video is a closer examination of the object, but it brings us no closer to an answer regarding what it is.

[edit on 2/21/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree that if this thing was an actual object passing behind the Moon, it would have been recorded by more than one camera. There are all kinds of cameras pointed at the Moon at any time, and there would have been at least one also pick up the object.

If it was zooming across the sky at more than 250,000 miles altitude, it sure would be going at a mighty fast clip!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Yes, but what would ice be doing there in the first place, and why would it be following such a flat trajectory? Someone would have had to fire a lump of ice out of a gun to even come close to accounting for this, and even then I do not think it would come out looking like what we are seeing here - you would be lucky to see it in just a single frame I think!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Best vid i have seen in a minute. I havent read all the dubunking theories. But its definitely worth talking about. Star/flag . Got my interest.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If we assume that the object is visible at approximately 90 km above sea level (which would be about average for a meteor), can someone please work out how fast it would be going? (I would do it myself, but maths has never been my forte!)

If I am correct, then the speed should come out somewhere between 11 and 25 km/s, which would make sense if this was a relatively slow meteor.

I don't think we can ever say with complete certainty what this object was (nothing in life is 100% anyway), but I do think we can exclude most of the less likely possibilities, and say with 99.9% certainty what it likely is...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join