It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears to be Flying Behind the Moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I don't understand why the "Meteor" theory is not being discussed in detail.

You and me too SGIP... certainly not for lack of effort on my part!

We will have a better idea once the angular-velocity can be fairly accurately estimated. If this is not a meteor, then it's almost certainly a satellite IMHO.

Edit for typo

[edit on 22-2-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Being Devil's Advocate for a moment, there's no evidence that we're actually looking at the moon.

WG3

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Being Devil's Advocate for a moment, there's no evidence that we're actually looking at the moon.

WG3

Someone has to play that role

Honestly, you're right: i hope that there's some part of the footage that shows a zoom out ...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok, I got the original footage posted. This footage is copyrighted by me and you agree by default when you download it that it is copyrighted and it not to be shared, altered or sold or redistributed. Be aware that this footage is almost 900mb in size since it is is hi-res 14 minutes long. I hope someone who is an expert in video analysis can prove or disprove this object, whatever it is, is flying in front of or behind the moon. I tend to think it is in front. I would also really like to know what it is but my strong believe is that is in fact an et craft and not a satellite. If you are reading this thread late, the reason I was out just filming the moon is because I had the wrong night (Monday the 18th rather than the 20th) for filming the eclipse which I also did on the 20th. I hope you can download it in it's original format. Here is the link www.ebesarehere.com... I look forward to intelligent conversation and resolution.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by theyareoutthere]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
IMO, I think there is not good enough evidence to decide either way. I do believe we are not the only intelligent beings in this universe, but there are a crap load of stuff between us and the moon: satellites, the ISS, meteors, and god knows what else. I just dont know where I stand on this. Its cool, but im not jumpin to anythin yet

Edit: and im sorry if i repeat anything in this post, i didnt have the time to read all 7 pages!

[edit on 22-2-2008 by unknownfrost]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Someone has to play that role

Honestly, you're right: i hope that there's some part of the footage that shows a zoom out ...

OK I accept. It won't be the first time.

WG3

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theyareoutthere

Thank you theyareoutthere

Will be going over this as soon as it has d/l.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
After seeing the higher-res video...

I do not think it is a:

Asteroid
Meteor
Satellite
Airplane
CGI creation
Reflected light from an external source

If Jose E. saw this, he'd probably call it a "rod". If Jose would call it a "rod" that means it's really a "bug".

I'm sticking to that over other theories but who can really tell definitively?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Seems like there are lots of people that have downloaded it. I may post a 4 minute version of it. The first anomaly is at 00:2:08.9 mark. I could not make out what it is. The main anomaly of interest and the one talked about here in this thread is around the 3 minute 28 sec mark.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyareoutthere
I may post a 4 minute version of it.

Yes do that please. I've just spent an hour waiting for it and in the end, nothing came over.

WG3

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
thank for posting this.

was the cam in full zoom here?

do you happen to know the max zoom for this cam, someone suspected 25x.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I also downloaded the full HR video that theyareoutthere very kindly uploaded for us...

Why are you dismissing it as possibly being a meteor or satellite just because it appears elongated?

This is bound to happen when a fast moving object is recorded on virtually any camera, if the shutter speed is long enough for the object to move any distance during the time the shutter is open!

Look at this video of a meteor for example:
www....(nolink)/?gm5snczxzvx

Obviously a more variable meteor in brightness, and with a tail, but the principal still applies!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretGoldfish
was the cam in full zoom here?
do you happen to know the max zoom for this cam, someone suspected 25x.

QUOTE:
The Sony DCR-SR82
(25x Opt, 2000x Dig, 2.7" LCD)
No more switching or rewinding tapes means more time for shooting. Welcome to life with the DCR-SR82 Handycam camcorder. With a 60GB hard disk drive, you can store up to 40 hours of video (LP) in amazing resolution with the 1 megapixel CCD. An industry leading Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens captures incomparable detail and the 2.7 Wide Touch Panel Hybrid LCD Display gives you total control over what you ve shot. Then, easily transfer and share your videos by simply connecting the DCR-SR82 to the included Handycam Station and burn a disc with a single click.
UNQUOTE

With such a sophisticated optical system I'd have expected a better image of the Moon than that shown in the first video. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get the HiRes movie to download, so can't comment further.

WG3

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

No it wasn't. The camera has a 25x optical and a 2000 digital zoom. I have it set for digital. I would have to check against the moon tonight to see about where the zoom position was on when the object flew by but my guess it that I was around 13x. Of course, at end of that long video I zoomed in closer because you can then see the moon's surface better

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You might want to take it off the "digital zoom" setting as this is basically a big con... it has the exact same effect as cropping the frame, in other words, discarding the data from the edges of the frame, something you could do back at home afterwards and still achieve the same, if not a better result. You'll give yourself more leeway to edit and crop your vids in future if you do this.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Ok, I thought digital zoom just allowed me to zoom in closer to objects far away.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Easy trap to fall in... looks like optical zoom at first glance, but actually just a way to fake the zooming effect, without giving you any of the detail that a proper optical zoom will. All the big companies do it because big numbers like 2000x attract the unwary consumer - just another marketing trick, that offers no real advantage to the consumer.

Don't worry though, 25x optical zoom is still pretty good!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is really interesting...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
not sure how much a 13x zoom is going to affect the apparent speed. 13x will affect it some at least (move a magnifying glass along a line of text, you'll notice it). but it will also reduce the brightness of the object.

best i can say is that the object was traveling a bit slower than it appears and is a bit brighter than it appears . . . but the calculations are beyond me.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Lets assume that this object does pass behind the moon. Can someone tell me how come the moon casts no shadow on the object as it emerges behind the curvature? I would think the shadow area of the moon would extend further in that direction since the sun is somewhere to the right and behind us. And the object, if it were passing behind, would not be visible or would change in brightness (if it is indeed self illuminated) some distance beyond the curvature.

Can we then agree it is definitely passing in front - whatever it may be?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join