It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana threatening Secession !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

AN EXTRA-SESSION RESOLUTION OF INDIVIDUAL LEGISLATORS OF THE 60TH MONTANA LEGISLATURE AND OTHER ELECTED MONTANA OFFICIALS URGING THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT THAT ANY "COLLECTIVE RIGHTS" HOLDING IN D.C. V. HELLER WILL VIOLATE MONTANA'S COMPACT WITH THE UNITED STATES, THE CONTRACT BY WHICH MONTANA ENTERED THE UNION IN 1889.

WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court (Court) has agreed to review and decide the case of D.C. v. Heller appealed to it from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals;

WHEREAS, the Court has agreed to consider the question, "Whether the following provisions — D.C. Code secs. 7-2502.02(a)(4), 22-4504(a), and 7-2507.02 — violate the Second Amendment rights of individuals who are not affiliated with any state-regulated militia, but who wish to keep handguns and other firearms for private use in their homes";

progunleaders.org...
progunleaders.org...
progunleaders.org...

[Mod Edit: Thread title and external source coding]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
GO GET THEM MONTANA !! Show the Government you dont mess with the Bill Of Rights.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

I believe that I may be moving to Montana in the VERY near future!

Let it be known that I fully support Montana in it's bid to hold the U.S. accountable to it's contract and compacts and all declarations included within, notwithstanding it's authority to withdraw from the Union of States should said contracts and compacts be violated in part or in full by the Federal Government!

WAY TO GO MONTANA - That is EXACTLY how our founding fathers intended it to be!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Let it be known that I fully support Montana in it's bid to hold the U.S. accountable to it's contract and compacts and all declarations included within, notwithstanding it's authority to withdraw from the Union of States should said contracts and compacts be violated in part or in full by the Federal Government!

Do you think any other states will join Montana? I hope South Carolina can see the light as well!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
South Carolina already did it once, actually twice; why not again? It would be nice if this where to be put in the mainstream media, however, I doubt it. I fear that my state, Texas, with its Republican citizens, would never succeed. However, if they took their guns away, that might be a different story. Some of these good 'ol boys know how to shoot a gun real well. I'll also support what Montana is doing, but I doubt it will go very far, or be covered much; but hey, good look anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is very very dangerous for all of us and I'll tell you why, this could be a double-cross maneuver.

The plan could very well be to use Montana as a training ground for martial law here in the U.S.. Armed forces will roll through that state, disarming and/or killing anyone who gets in their way, in effect causing a trickle-down effect that will eventually consume everybody. Other states might not threaten to secede, but the armed forces will roll into those states too in order to "keep the situation from getting out of hand". All the while, with the mainstream media's willing ignorance, everybody's door is getting kicked down.

Be careful what you cheer (wish) for, you just might get it. Believe me, by now 'they' know you, and 'they'll' use you against you in order to further the main agenda. In a situation of this magnitude, you're always better off keeping your mouth shut and doing what you plan to do without letting the whole world know about it.

This ain't the American Civil War days anymore.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What, for the US to dissolve?

Vermont and Montana are both spending time and money on these resolutions. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend the money on something worthwhile and work within the government for change?

The "cut and run" mentality is really getting tiresome.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess we know where Bush will be dropping the next bunch of bombs - right here in on US soil. I have to tell you I can't believe this is even happening. How did America get to the point where a place like Montana has to invoke such things to remind the federal government what country this is?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

What, for the US to dissolve?

Vermont and Montana are both spending time and money on these resolutions. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend the money on something worthwhile and work within the government for change?

The "cut and run" mentality is really getting tiresome.

Wel we have a government that wont end a war,even though most Americans want it to end.
We have a government that tortures people.
We have a government that lies and taps peoples phones.
We have a government that spews fear and terror in order to get what it wants.
Basically we have a government that has seemingly gone rouge.
It does whatever it wants,reguardless to what its people want.
This government no longer listens to its people.
They have forgotten who they work for and who placed them into power.
So if you cant change the way things are,maybe the next best thing is to break away from it.
And way is it "cut and run"?
Wasnt everyone just celebrating Kosavo breaking away from Serbia?
So why is it ok for them,but not for Montana or whoever else?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Montana and Vermont plates get a "pass" from me.

Gotta love it...

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Montana has been threatening to start their own country for years. But what are they going to do for industry? Two thirds of the state is barren scrub land barely suitable for toxic waste disposal. The rest is mountains. Pretty, but very little is available for growing crops. There's some mining, I guess. But overall, how would they make money?

The only advantage I can see to secession is they can then declare themselves a Third World Country and get a lot of foreign aid from the U.S.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Kosovo and Serbia are a whole different ballgame. That was two ethnic groups.

And do people actually think that things would be better if states seperated from the US and became countries on their own?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Humm, they could do what China, Asia and India are doing outsourcing the last wealth builders of Americas legacy with cheap promised labor.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Kosovo and Serbia are a whole different ballgame. That was two ethnic groups.

And do people actually think that things would be better if states seperated from the US and became countries on their own?

Its not a whole different ball game.
Its similar.
Look at it like this,there are two different groups here as well.
There are those who blindly follow this goverment and allows all its crimes to be commited.They allow this government to by pass the constitution and ignore what the people want.

And then there there are those who still believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.They also believe their government still works for them and should be held accountable for their actions.

And if this government no longer feels obligated to the constitution and the people of the U.S,than the U.S is already dying.
Its just being kept alive by life support.
And if the America we have known for all these years,is now a failed experiment,then seperating from it is only natural.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't think that Secession is the point of what they are trying to do. I believe it has more to do with preserving the agreed to rights in regard to their State regardless of the Supreme Courts ruling. If the Court rules that gun possession is not an Individual Right, they are contending it would not apply to Montana. Actual secession would be a fools move and I don't think they are being that naive. In fact, I think this is quite shrewd on their part.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I can't find a single credible source discussing this... it's all forums or less-then-reliable looking sites.

Even if it were true I just have one question... do they intend to take their portion of the National debt with them?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

I'm wondering if the White House will choose to honor the state seceding if legislation is passed to move forward with it . . . Iraq did not fair as well as it may have hoped when the White House chose not to honor Saddam's defiance (not comparing anything/anyone to Saddam, only using present-day Iraq as an example).

[edit on 2/20/2008 by OptionToChoose]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

"cut and run" ... seriously.. the Bush vocab rhetoric is the only thing that is tiresome.

Montana is its own FREE COUNTRY .. within a Union that it signed into.. it can leave at any time.

Currently there are secession movements in Vermont, South Carolina, and Montana.

None hold any weight, none will ever make it any where, all three are political PR stunts and will not amount to anything.

However. Never say a State does not have the right to leave.

And don't think all America would support the slaughter of the folks from Montana. The insurrections that would arise would be enough to bring the country to its knees.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have to agree with Dr Love here.Be very careful in this...there are very few places to hide these days.It could go very badly for joe citizen.Remember they still have Blackwater to use if they need.I think the idea is interesting though....it could work if a majority of the States organized and did it all at the same time and overwhelmed the Government with Secession.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
According to this article: www.fas.org...

Montana has 535 nukes. That is not a small ammount and the makings for an independant county.

Of course, could they maintain or even use them without Military assistance? I don't know, but I'm sure there are a few clever people out there.

Truthfully, I doubt it would ever come to that and as Dr. Love pointed out I don't think we want it to get that bad.

Vas

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Vasilis Azoth]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join