It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The supposed network of tunnels connecting bases?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Im curious, has anybody ever tried to find the location off or gained access to the supposed network of tunnels connecting all the underground bases in America ? Surely getting into the tunnels would be an easier way of getting a peek in places like Area 51. Security wouldn't be as tight and I guess the tunnels must have some sort of access to the surface part way through in case of emergencies like a fire in the tunnels. All it would take is somehow finding where the tunnels are and searching the surface along the route for a way down.
So...any thoughts?

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Yuffie_Kisaragi]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey there,

The way that the underground facilities in Groom lake are arranged is very similar to the way the decks are arranged in an Aircraft Carrier. There are elevators in the hangars just like those on carriers, and at the ends of the runways and buildings are elevators as well. This allows aircraft to be worked on outside (in hangars) and lowered below ground, transferred to the pad at the ends of the runways and then raised to ground level for launch and recovery. It's rather an interesting setup, but isn't a massive 5000 foot below ground facility, rather in most places, it's not more than 200.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ive always wondered if the huge series of tunnels that are rumored to be in and around Area 51 and the Nellis range were actually part of the inital basing concept for the MX missile.

The system invisioned an underground railraod where missiles whould shuttle from hardened site to hardened site in a sort of nuclear shell game. The soviets would have to target 15 or so MIRV's to get just once missile.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Have you noticed the size of america
Stupid americans

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yuffie_Kisaragi

I would have to disagree with you on that one, access to and through the tunnel systems would most definately be guarded and of course, the use of lethal force *would* be authorized.

I just have doubts with the idea that these tunnel systems connect all underground bases, too many geological changes would tend to lead one to believe these systems would fail when shifts in the earth took place.

Not at alll to say that tunnels connect certain things together, those bases which are close enough in proximity.

I wondered about all the recent and not so recent 'sink holes' in various parts of the country, stands to reason if you bore/excavate, the earth above it has to over time bear down on the tunnel, not only to include the afforementioned geologic shifts as possibly the reason for them.

I find it hard to believe engineers/planners would build roads/bridges and other heavy structures were the ground would not support them, I personally know of one building project scrapped because the cost of 'build-up' would have been too high to support the weight of the proposed structure.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by redarrow
[more

There was an invention called "taxiways", and you can see them at Groom, going from the hangars to the runways

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yuffie_Kisaragi
Im curious, has anybody ever tried to find the location off or gained access to the supposed network of tunnels connecting all the underground bases in America ? Surely getting into the tunnels would be an easier way of getting a peek in places like Area 51. Security wouldn't be as tight and I guess the tunnels must have some sort of access to the surface part way through in case of emergencies like a fire in the tunnels. All it would take is somehow finding where the tunnels are and searching the surface along the route for a way down.
So...any thoughts?

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Yuffie_Kisaragi]

If these tunnels exist you can bet they are ULTRA SECURE with virtually no access to unauthorized personel. I don't believe its possible to enter through "manholes" and probably there is no such thing as emergency exits that lead to the surface unless cleverly disguised or in very remote locations where no one can see them entering/exiting.

I am still not convinced of a pan-american underground mag-lev line but theoretically its plausible. If these trains travel at mach-2 or greater then employees can shuttle back and forth within a few hours. Main enter/exit points could be nasa, area-51, cia/fbi/nsa buildings, DOE labs, military bases, etc. Just use your imagination!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the trains are supposed to run on? Because if its electric maybe you could find out somehow whether a large amount of electricity is been directed to some random area?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Have you ever met CE troops? Not the brightest... let me stop in case there's some military here. The military is so completely disorganized that it's a wonder we can even maintain our normal operations, let alone these black op conspiracies.

Of course that could all be a cover so that lowly enlisted suspect nothing. I imagine though, that it's possible a few bases may be connected in this way, but no way it's all of them.

The drainage system on our base would undoubtedly actually work if we actually had such tunnels.

There are 'secret' tunnels under our bases in korea. I am told you can actually get a tour of some of them and it is explained that the tunnels haven't all been found and are rumored to go out into the city.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovereign797
There are 'secret' tunnels under our bases in korea. I am told you can actually get a tour of some of them and it is explained that the tunnels haven't all been found and are rumored to go out into the city.

Thats pretty interesting, what are/were the tunnels used for do you know?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Have you ever met CE troops? Not the brightest... let me stop in case there's some military here. The military is so completely disorganized that it's a wonder we can even maintain our normal operations, let alone these black op conspiracies.

What are CE troops? The american military is disorganized?...are you nuts? They are the best trained and best equipped in the world. Even non-Americans will agree to this! Reverse engineering ET technology might be the answer although I am not willing to bet on that.

Of course that could all be a cover so that lowly enlisted suspect nothing. I imagine though, that it's possible a few bases may be connected in this way, but no way it's all of them.

Obviously the lower ranked personal know the least...but this is not always the case I suppose. It has been rumored that even Admirals and Generals don't know everything...especially if there is no "need to know"!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
CE = Civil Engineering. Construction workers.

Only someone who is in the military can understand how it's very disorganized. (we loaded nukes onto a b-52!)

It's common for people in the military to wonder how we could possibly be the strongest military in the world when we look at daily operations and our enlisted and commissioned leaders. It may not be a matter of being the best, but being the least worst.

You'll find some gung ho US military, and they'll be sure to tell you how great we are, but most of us are regular people, serving our time and not liking what we see. I'm proud to serve, but I'm not blind.

Those tunnels in Korea, I don't remember what they're for, I'll ask someone who's been recently. I imagine for moving people, whether troops or civilians, out of the open.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Sovereign797]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I don't know much about any tunnels between bases in the US, but there have been rumours for some time about a tunnel between the Base/Nuclear bunker at RAF strike command Just outside High Wycombe Bucks and the former USAF base at Daws Hill 10 or so miles away. This rumour may well be true as there were many natural caves that used to spread under the town that were used previously used by the Hellfire Club.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Hi Solidshot,

you may want to check out Alan Turnbull`s site, secret-bases

i am sure he has covered that particular tunnel. plus lots of others.

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This has been discussed many times over and I still find the whole idea of a massive underground network of tunnels spanning the country side a big one to swallow.I'll ask this question here since every time I ask this question it goes unanswered.If these tunnels exist and all this excavation happened and or still is happening...then where is all of the dirt and rock they excavated.A project of that magnitude would create enough dirt and rock to create small country.They would not be able to keep it quite without the media or the citizens finding out.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuffie_Kisaragi
Does anyone know what the trains are supposed to run on? Because if its electric maybe you could find out somehow whether a large amount of electricity is been directed to some random area?

I read a hypothesis once that said they pumped the air out of the tube in front of the train to eliminate air resistance and that allowed them to travel at ridiculous speeds.

There is a show on the Science Channel called 'Build It Bigger' and they have been in several tunnel boring machines that go for miles and miles and are 1000ft underground at times. The TBMs don't haul ass by any stretch but they really plow through rock.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi there. Supposedly they used a nuclear tunnel boring machine which melts the rock. This method is preferable to conventional tbms because it melts the rock and thus:

1)eliminates the need to haul all the material out
2)automaticaly creates a tunnel linning

This means tunnels can be drilled much faster and at a much reduced cost. I remember reading about a patent somewhere but don't recall any details.

Hopefully that answers some questions but I am not saying these tunnels exist. Since we haven't seen them we can only speculate.

top topics

join