It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Secret Facility Fakers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You would be amazed at how much bending takes place if someone has some needed skill that is in demand.

Back around 2000(Y2K scare times) I briefly held a Help Desk Job for a NASA contractor. I had an MCSE, they couldn't find enough warm bodies. I was resetting passwords for Langley, the CIA NASA facility! I didn't get a clearance(yeah, I'm a flake!) and didn't get followup contracts, but I worked for 6 weeks without any clearance at all.

Also there is another level. When one gets high enough to manage Projects, the information may go beyond the "Need to Know" level to whatever is necessary to manage the project. Of course, at this level the "Blood Oath" covering you is pretty strong. Even at this level, I suspect that a certain amount of flattery is used, ie, the significance and scope of what you are doing will be exaggerated.

The system minimizes the need for expensive oversight.

I don't remember ever seeing a exotic technology whistle blower that was very credible. Maybe a few people whose disappearance or demise is well documented.

Its sort of like, he must have revealed too much, he paid for it didn't he?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My porpose was not to inturrupt this mans' thread. I was impressed by the depth of his description which appeared quite, "real" to me in a perspective that exists. I love hearing from those who participate in right movement for the improvment and preservation of the human race. OH maN!! How can I eveR be in enough noW?!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My (very limited and now dated) experience of working on security cleared projects tells me that whilst the initial post is somewhat brief and does not cover all likely scenarios, most of the information is mostly correct and matches my experiences. Put it this way, if you know they're checking up on you, they've employed the wrong person to work on you.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Great post, well done! I agree with just about everything you said about these "secret facilities" , and people who really work in one and people who are faking it. I worked for the Spartan Cor. in 2000-2003. I was an inspector of the pc boards that we made there. I would fix them when they weren't to quality, and load them on to the racks where they would go on to the next stage of processing. Its funny, because at the time, I had no idea that what we were putting together was sensitive and classified. I had no clue at all! This is a good example of the "compartmentalizing" that you speak of. The right hand not knowing what the left is doing. It makes me feel rather stupid now lol! The technology then has now been long surpassed, but I did find out long after I left working there that we were building missile guidance systems of some kind. All I ever did the whole time was look at them and fix one's that weren't up to speed quality wise. I don't know if it was that big of a secret or anything, or how big the project was. All I knew was my one little job. I think the majority of people who work on a secret project or in a secret facility don't have any idea, so it raises no alarm with them. Thanks again for the great post!!
Thanks, Rev. Jeff D.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I was going to make an attempt at a witty reply along the lines of "You must be a sweeper for the U.S. Government who comes in and tells us all this neato information on how to catch a faker, when in reality all these people on here are really informants and you just don't want us to know." and cloak it in a vast amount of sarcastic humor.

Then I realized that that would make me look like an idiot.
So, thanks for the information. I personally have only been the subject of one persons diatribe on their life as a CIA/NSA covert operative, so I don't have too much to say on the subject of people trying to goof me into believing random stories.

I do however know what it takes both in time and in divulgence of personal information to get a security clearance. It took me the better part of my 6 years in the military, and 18 submissions of the SF-86 (standard form for the U.S. government to begin a background check for clearance of any kind.) before the government started mine, and only after 18+ months of endless investigations did it happen. Now I have a 10-year window with which to do something with my clearance and I'm not too sure I want a job in the government any longer.

So yeah, anyone who brags about "doing this or that" in a high-level clearance position ANYWHERE where you could even THINK about them being a fraud.... is most likely a fraud. *If it seems to good to be true then it most likely is.*

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are not only photo fakers,there are TOUR GUIDE POSERS to" AREA 51"
([email protected])is one that will offer fake structures and questionable
dry lake photos with his descriptions of their origin.
It is implyed that for a few hundred bucks he will take you for seven hours to the groom dry lake bed on the base..then landsailing on it before the return to `Vegas.
NOTHING COULD BE MORE OBVIOUSLY FRAUDULENT AND BOGU$.
E-Mail him and "Book a trip"AFTER getting more information (BS).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

Did you go on one of his tours?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

uhh, your story doesn't make sense to me. I enlisted into the military in Jan of 2001, i recieved my interim secret at my first school, and didn not recieve the official clearance until almost a year after reporting to my first command. The background check for a secret clearance is obtained by filling out a 10 year history, including all jobs immediate family and references not in your family, fingerprints, and financial information. the information is the same when obtaining a top secret clearance, the difference being the amount of resource spent on the investigation. The DoD issues a clearance for 10 years, and even if your clearance is revoked for any reason, there is a apeal process, an additional investigation, and so on.

Having said that, in all the places that i have worked that contained information FORUNO and up, i have never once seen armed guards at all doors and stairs, and i have obtained a clearance above what i have talked about up here. in fact, in order to man these doors and such you are dealing with having to give the guards the clearance to access the space, and much information they will not have a need to know and would require constant scrubbing of the workstation to make sure that some dummy with a gun is not shoulder surfing.

There is nothing special about having a clearance, any one can get one for the most part, its not about what you have done, its about not being in debt, and not lying on your app.

AND having a clearance does not automatically mean that you have access to all the secret material there is, it only gives you access to what you need to know.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I really have no idea what I am looking at, if this is real then prove it to me....
I here all types of stories about Area 51...

Anyone got some proof of government cover up email me right away, I here they have proof of Spaceships and all kinds of stuff prove it!

dmobile215 at gmail dot com

If you are serious show me some evidence..www.dmobile.ning.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP, it's helpful. Yeah just looking at the board as of this writing, there are LOTS of clearly fake secret facility claims or employee claims on it. It has gotten out of hand, this board would make it seem like EVERYONE and their dead grandmum works at Area XX.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
reply to post by scientist

uhh, your story doesn't make sense to me. I enlisted into the military in Jan of 2001, i recieved my interim secret at my first school, and didn not recieve the official clearance until almost a year after reporting to my first command. The background check for a secret clearance is obtained by filling out a 10 year history, including all jobs immediate family and references not in your family, fingerprints, and financial information. the information is the same when obtaining a top secret clearance, the difference being the amount of resource spent on the investigation. The DoD issues a clearance for 10 years, and even if your clearance is revoked for any reason, there is a apeal process, an additional investigation, and so on.

Having said that, in all the places that i have worked that contained information FORUNO and up, i have never once seen armed guards at all doors and stairs, and i have obtained a clearance above what i have talked about up here. in fact, in order to man these doors and such you are dealing with having to give the guards the clearance to access the space, and much information they will not have a need to know and would require constant scrubbing of the workstation to make sure that some dummy with a gun is not shoulder surfing.

There is nothing special about having a clearance, any one can get one for the most part, its not about what you have done, its about not being in debt, and not lying on your app.

AND having a clearance does not automatically mean that you have access to all the secret material there is, it only gives you access to what you need to know.

Now I must disagree that the info is the same for secret and confidential clearance versus top secret. For secret and confidential you have to undergo a NAC, LAC and a financial check. For top secret you go through a SSBI which includes the above plus field interviews, a record check and a subject interview by a DSS agent or contractor. Your references will also be asked questions about your past and present activities, employment history, education, family background, neighborhood activities, and finances. During the investigation the investigator(s) will try to determine if you have had any involvement with drugs, encounters with the police, or problem drinking habits, and other facts about your personal history. The investigator(s) will attempt to obtain both favorable and unfavorable information about your background so an adjudicator can make an appropriate determination.

The objective of the subject interview is to obtain a complete picture of you as an individual so that an adjudicator can determine whether you will be able to cope with having access to classified or sensitive information without becoming a security risk. Therefore, the interview will be wide-ranging and cover most aspects of your life. During the subject interview, expect to be questioned about your family background, past experiences, health, use of alcohol or drugs, financial affairs, foreign travel, and other pertinent matters.

Remember, all these questions are asked for a purpose. The investigator is experienced in conducting these interviews. It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise. Be as candid as possible. The investigator will try to put you at ease if you become upset or uncomfortable. It is in your best interest to answer the investigator's questions in order for an adjudicator to reach a valid decision on your suitability to access classified information or be appointed to a sensitive position or position of trust.

For confidential clearance you must undergo an additional BI every 15 years, for secret every 10 and top secret every 5 yrs. con/sec are valid for 10 yrs and top secret for 5 yrs.

As far as the appeal process the vagueness of tyour statement is interesting. Revocation or suspension of a clearance can result in immediate job loss, removal, or demotion. So while you can appeal it the ramifacations can be severe and unrrecoverable.

As far as their being nothing special about a security clearance, for one it ups your avg income 5k-15k per year. Also it means your a US citizen as non us citizens cant gwt a DOD security clearance. Its also quite difficult to get an interim clearance for SCI/SAP. As far as it being easy to get a security clearance, hmmmm... Depends on your interperetation. About 25% of the the requests are denied and considering the initial screening by the contractors I think its a high amount. SF-86 now must be submitted as an eQIP and the review is pretty stringent. I've seen them be delayed for years because someone left off a short term job. There are also 2 types of polygraphs you will take the Lifestyle or counterintelligence. Then theres the FSP, full scope which covers both.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i dont think bob lazar and john lear are lying.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm glad somebody took the time to actually write out an entire thread devoted to clearances and debunking fakers. I laugh and get angry in my mind every time i see people posting useless # on here. Often times its like you said, to get attention from people. I know a lot of people on here tend to have "simple" minds and can easily amuse themselves with getting a rise from people. I just find it unbelievable that people would go through the lengths they have in the past to make people believe them or believe in them as credible sources. I take people's information with a grain of salt. To be honest most of the # on here is useless in terms from what i know to be true. You got too many "kids" running around watching too many movies and playing too many video games. Though while on the subject, i must say "Enemy of the state" is probably the only movie i reference in terms of "real life" events. I'm just glad we have people who still don't believe everything they see but at the same time keep an open mind. The only part i will disagree with is about saying that people should post their real information on a public forum to be "Accredited" in the eyes of his peers. I think anonymity is the best way to go when it comes to "sensitive" information that could damage the lives of people around you. The easiest way to tell if the person is lying is a face to face conversation with said person. Its sometimes not easy to prove facts without physical evidence but sometimes, meeting someone and talking with them tells you more then a piece of paper with TS/NO FORN ever could. Its a hell of a lot harder to hide the truth from your own conciseness then it is to simply write it on paper and say to people online "Believe me". I have personal experience with the government on a very intimate level, though i won't ever talk about specifics online. Its just a retarded concept since information is NEVER secure. I for one am willing and able to talk to people in person face to face to prove my words are true. I think more people who are supposed whistle blowers or leaking sources should conduct better OPSEC then they have been. If half the people on here were really who they said they were, then they should know better anyways. Especially all the ones who "claim" to be SF, Delta, CIA, NSA, A51, FBI, DOD ect. Why can't people just tell the f'ing truth on here and be honest with themselves and everyone else.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I believe that a major consideration for anyone managing secret/proprietary/damaging information is one thing.
"What is X persons' price?"
Do they have family which could be used as leverage? Do they have a "history" which can be used against them?
Did they stand up for themselves in court cases on principle, did they fold in a divorce settlement? How likely are they to "flip" if offered money by a competitor/foreign nation/etc.. If faced with potentially secret information, are they likely to even care about the potential monetary value of such information and consider selling it?

As the OP indicated, people who are intending on getting information for the sole purpose of releasing it usually don't get into these positions. The "employers" do a damn good job of weeding those types out. Even if you get a job as a data entry clerk, you can still implement packet sniffing technologies to steal information which is above your clearance. Everyone is checked, from the most lowly clerk and cleaner to the most senior officers.

Yes, this is from experience.

edit on 9/11/2010 by LilFox because: Spelling mistake.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i work at a job where i have access to something security sensitive. where i work - it would be easy for a terrorist to attack. measures are taken to prevent accidents and attacks, but we hide in plain sight. you can tell i am legit because i do not want you to know what i do. i dont want to instill fear in anyone - but we need to step up our awareness.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
check out my post about my visit to a not so secret place that houses sensitive and potentially classified material.

abovetopsecret.com...

and i assure everyone my story is %100 true. i have no reason to fake a story like that and honestly i wouldn't waste my time typing everything up if i didn't think it would make a good discussion. i just thought it was an interesting subject and that i have experienced the place first hand.
edit on 9-2-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: content

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
From the early days things have changed with clearances, every 5 years now your checked for TS. In my time in uniform, we were dispatched wherever "THEY" said to go, for flight test and other activities, Edwards, area 51, and other places, what I find funny here is no one is saying anything about the amount of stuff we crashed, I wonder why, on one airframe we crashed half the fleet. I read about a "tour" of the facilities @ Groom Lake......or something like that......in your dreams, those signs about "US Government/USAF/DOD Facility...the use of deadly force authorized" are real....you go ahead and bust into Groom Lake on your so called "Tour" your a dead man. Lots of guys that were supposed to be there had to be careful about acft clearance procedures etc., especially during test phase, so some fools wandering around dreamland would surely be shot....or would disappear.......nevertheless your not going to groom lake unless your tasked and cleared for it. Keep dreaming coz your in dreamland.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
After reading the original post, I knew it was just a matter of time before the fakers he was talking about would attempt to discredit it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i m jean claude from malta i m trying to shed some light on the disappearance of the kids in malta s hypogeum i m from malta i need all your support guys tried to send u a private message but it said i need to have 20 posts can you please pass the word around to the other members.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would have to say though there are a lot more secret bases and underground bases since 2001 when Bush decided to give every corporation he liked a secret bunker. And that did bring into the fold many people who would normally not be involved with secret bases and bunkers. Here is an example of secret bases or command centers that you might not know about.

www.corp.att.com...

Since when did they decide to have the phone company employees dress in bio suits to fix phone lines? Its because they are fixing the phone lines and internet connections to secret command centers and secret bases. There last care in the world is if your able to call grandma and tell her your ok after a bio or nuclear attack. They are every where and many people are connected to them in different ways.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join