It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Left Behind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I can see it now, all the elite wander off into their safe underground bases for 5000 years then when they think its safe to come out of hiding.......the "New Humans" above ground have evolved immensely and are superior to them in every way. The elite are not so elite anymore and are a glimpse into the past of the failings of humanity and quickly dispatched with as they are considered irellevent.

Moving forward into reality were rationality kicks in I see that this is all another load of compelte rubbish that can be put in the same pile as Serpo, Aussie Bob, Titor, Planet X, commander X and any other blatant agrandizing subject that sucks the gullible in.

This desire to predict the end of the world has gotten way out of hand on ATS, I think there needs to be disclaimers put on topics like this now to warn those who are predisposisioned to believe anything apocalyptic that they need consider the world doesn't necisarily end tomorrow!.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Keep in mind that not everybody has a lawn. I've seen numerous reports of bodies found dead in apartments that have been there for months.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Drikanna]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I guess you were a little more blunt than I was, but maybe your approach is best. Having been a member for only about 2 weeks, I've been trying to get the lay of the land, hoping to find some mature debate about serious issues that face the world. In those cases where I have found such issues, it just seems that sooner or later, someone brings in fringe lunacy, such as reptilians taking over humans, or other such nonsense. What is really ironic, however, is that I ran into some people like this in academia. Somehow, I think that common sense is in short supply today.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In response to the Planet X videos, I have a couple of comments.

If something was found in 1983 at an estimated distance of 50 billion miles, as the video claims, then documented in 1992 at 7 billion miles (I actually remember the report and thought it was the coolest thing, having a 10th planet... I was in 3rd grade at the time)... anyway, 50 billion miles to 7 billion miles in 10 years would mean in the 15 years since, this Planet X should have come and gone already.

The video also said that they think it might be a Brown Dwarf, and that Jupiter potentially could ignite if it were any larger and become a sun.. This stands in contrast to the video report that Planet X is "4-8 times the size of the Earth". Jupiter has 11 times the diameter of Earth, and is 318 times as massive. So it seems strange to me that Planet X is a Brown Dwarf when it is potentially 3x smaller than Jupiter (I don't know how much a body collapses when becoming something such as a Brown Dwarf).

Also, they imply it orbits the sun on a vertical plane (if you imagine every other planet rotating on the horizontal axis). While I've often wondered why things don't orbit in three dimensions like this, is there any evidence of other celestial bodies doing this? Or is this just bad physics preying upon people like myself who don't understand why things don't orbit in three dimensional space.

I also find it amusing that after watching all 5 parts of the video and the narrator commenting that after Planet X we'll do away with money and people will live in a "resource based" society, and that we must unite to serve others in order to survive, if you visit the website PlanetXForecast, you can conveniently PURCHASE a survival guide. Heh..

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drikanna

Yes, but the OP said in a follow-up post that he had paid off his mortgage. You don't pay a mortgage on an apartment. Even if he had a cement front yard, all the other issues still apply, such as the utilities, etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I don't know where you live, but around here you can purchase apartments and condos and town homes etc which don't have lawns, and they typically run for a "cheap price" of $300,000. I hate living in Northern Virginia... in which case, yes, most people do have mortgages.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

That's ok. If you wait a year or so, that $300,000 price will be around $200,000. With the inventory of unsold houses, and the logjam that exists in the single family real estate market, those prices have nowhere to go but down.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Not to sidetrack the thread, but housing prices here are still insane, even after this housing bubble crash.

For example. If you want a "family home" with yard, this is your typical entry in this area... www.loudoun-county-va-homes.com...
.*edit* search around Ashburn, you'll see "family homes" for $1,750,000
And some townhomes at $500k + and condos at $300k+

Being a recent college graduate and just now getting my first job, which of course barely pays enough to live in this area, in my in-law's basement.... I don't know that I'll ever be able to afford housing here.. It's just sick.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think you're all missing out on something here - if we want to assess the source's legitimacy, I think the most pressing concern is where these flights are being observed. There's always the possibility than an ATSer lives nearby and can corroborate/refute the claims.

Having been gone from the ATS scene for about a year now, I don't think I'm qualified to comment on any of the other aspects, however.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I wish you all the luck in the world. I know how difficult it can be. When I finally completed grad school, I started out making $10K a year. Of course, that was forty some years ago. I retired last year, with no mortgage or debts. I know many of my students got jobs in your area, and were very concerned about the housing costs. I told them to get the cheapest apartment they could find, with the longest commute you can tolerate, then establish your credentials, live on a string for 5 years, and put away what you can, then see what prospects bring. Most of my graduates from six or seven years ago, are fortunately doing quite well now. Hang in there. Things will get better. Nice talking to you. I do miss talking to my students. It was one of the more pleasant parts of being a professor. It was some of the infighting amongst colleagues that I detested.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaOfTheOmega

You're right. That question has been asked, but so far, the OP has not answered it. That in itself may tell you something.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This dude is pulling your strings. The Alternative 3 mention is just so classic!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
This dude is pulling your strings. The Alternative 3 mention is just so classic!

Ok here is a heads up for any new comers to the world of conspiracy, Alternative 3 was a corny movie made back in the 70's about disappearing scientist's and the plan to evacuate earth. It was an admitted hoax done by a movie production team in the UK and released on April 1st, but is continually brought up as a legit conspiracy....hint just because its old doesn't mean some people here don't know or remember it was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What a great thread. Are you bummed you didn't take the gig?

Are those people still hiring?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gulfstreamsalt

Strangely if you goto www.conspiracycentral.net they have a documentary sitting there called The Horizon Project - which details that roughly every 5200 years the Sun is on a cyclical path in its orbit around the Milky way - and that at the center of the Milky way is a collapsed Black Hole - that is spinning rapidly as theoretically predicted by Hawking - This black hole because of its high rate of rotation actually emits a gravitational beam and thus the flat accretion disc shape of the Milky way...

Horizon Projecy is also the name of a US Army design to put a manned base on the moon. It was posted in 1959 and was to be operational in 1966

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Maybe the word "respect" is an anagram. One of the only words that it unscrambles to is "Sceptre (or Scepter)". Maybe he is working on a secret project called Sceptre.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hi Quenn

Could you give us a few more details on your professional background and what it is that you do?

I'm intrigued by your story.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's rather refreshing to hear the whole D4rkKn1ght story from a third person perspective. Sorry, but the similarities ARE many. The sign that it's time to bail: a pattern of lights (7?) in the sky. Jets carrying those worthy of surviving this coming Global catastrophe. Interesting read, OP, however I begin to think you and DK may be one and the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missletow
It's rather refreshing to hear the whole D4rkKn1ght story from a third person perspective. Sorry, but the similarities ARE many. The sign that it's time to bail: a pattern of lights (7?) in the sky. Jets carrying those worthy of surviving this coming Global catastrophe. Interesting read, OP, however I begin to think you and DK may be one and the same.

With all due respect mate if you are making the decision to drop out of sight on the whim of something you read here then I suggest in all good sense you get a second opinion. Ill give you one for free.....anytime someone throughout history has claimed that its the "End of the World" thay have been wrong categorically bar none.

You realise I know what Im talking about ? because stupid we are all still here that haven't died of natural causes or one of the many ways you can cease to exist. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Heavens Gate are just a few modern day adherents to "The Sky is Falling" crowd who paid ultimately with death.

It seems to me that this Forum is filling up with gullible dupes who "need" to believe the world is coming to an end.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by mazzroth]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

So Quenn where are you located?
Where did this 'friend' of yours work, live and leave? I am not asking a company name I am asking a City and State and/OR Country tyvm.

I would think just leaving things unpaid and disappearing would be AOK if it was 'kaput' for the rest of us........ as it would give the bill collecting people something to focus on that they deemed constructive up to the last moment of they're lives. They could be running around all upset about unpaid bills while the world ends.......
WHY worry one bit about folks looking for you to pay your bills if you can not be found ANYWHERE and it does not matter anyhow......and WHY bother to box everything all up? why NOT just walk away and leave the 'things' behind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I PROMISE FOLKS IT MATTERS NOT ONE WHIT IF WE ARE LEFT BEHIND!

I KNOW from my out of body experiences that we SURVIVE beyond the human body so if our bodys burn up or whatever we just step out of them and go on as an existing entity in the universe.
We will just go to our next adventure................it is no biggy.

There IS NO DEATH...........seriously.
Fear not.

There are MANY dimensions we exist in simultaneously and if one goes missing we just focus on another.
Fear not.
There is no death, there is ONLY love, light and life.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join