It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Gets Hit With Massive UFO Sighting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

I never observed any helicopters either
, but that was in our immediate area. Were it my guess I would say it disintigrated over the coast so perhaps there were the locales of the "chopper" sightings ??

Wonderful....just wonderful....just told my son, that "Clovefield" was nothing more than "Science fiction"...."could NEVER happen"...

Gonna keep the Jeep gassed, and the MRE's ready to go....just in case..

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

The helicopters where around a long time before the 26th but who knows...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Too bad there aren't any video's or pictures of the sighting. Even though sightings and reports of them seem to be increasing we still have to wait for that million dollar photo/video so to say. And even then when the 'quality' footage arives it might be fake because we people can do so much with computer programs these days.

Back in the day most, if not all, pictures/video's were labeled as fake because they looked so crappy, these days they are labeled as fake because they look to good.. So lets all wait for good clear footage from a sighting', recorded/photographed by alot of people who were there at the same sighting.. Or wait for a full disclosure. Still an interesting report ofcourse, hope we'll hear more about it soon.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Violation]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

I wonder why this didn't get any coverage?
Seems like a legit sighting, I wonder if anyone is sitting on any video?

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

there is a reason none of these get covered in the media. I believe there is some kind of cover up. Even though there are many bogus claims and fake stories.
Where there's smoke there is fire.....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Oh okay. So you aren't disputing that some people may have saw something? Mostly just what they saw and how many saw it?

Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

exacly my friend , never said anything about people not seeing anything , the question is what they saw and if all saw the same thing or different similar things ..

But sadly we wont know as people tend to ajust their stories to other stories floating arround , so even if somebody saw something completly different then the next person , by now they saw the same thing

Ehh i wish my crappy town got a UFO sighting , at least then there would be some pictures ;]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned this before. But, I'm pretty sure it was raining hard that night. I don't know how many people were out in the rain looking up in the air. I'm in santa monica and I heard nothing of this on the news...not that it would surprise me tho.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes I have also taken notice to the increased number of sightings... its hard not too. If the number of sightings keeps up at the current rate (around 2 per month for 2008), I have a feeling something big will break by the end of this year. I'll add that i'm now carrying around my digital wherever I go!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm from Orange County and I actually saw this thing!! A friend and I were in his car that night on Ladera Vista Drive in Fullerton. We were up there checking out all of the multi-million dollar homes when all of the sudden off in the distance we saw something. On the horizon there were trees on both sides of us and an area of sky in between. We saw a large object float between the trees from right to left that seemed to have a halo surrounding it. It was extremely large and moved really slow as if it was floating. I'd never seen anything like it, and I wasn't sure what to make of it. I've done a lot of UFO research and personally I've never seen anything that looked even close to what I saw. I'm not sure what it was, but I saw it. It looked like a dark blue diamond on its side like this with rounded corners and a halo surrounding it. If anyone can shed some light as to what this might be that'd be awesome.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by masterShake122

Well done my friend!!!!

Thank you so much for your input on my thread!

It would be fantastic if you could do a rendering of this thing you saw, as it would be the first thing visual coming from this story!

Great work, I am happy you were there to witness this!

Just fantastic

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm from Garden Grove, which is next to Anaheim, but I was in San Francisco!

The one and only time I get out of the area and there is a big UFO sighting!

If I had seen it I would have taken tons of pictures. Oh well!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Im one of this UFO eyewitness i driving freeway 57 north from anaheim toward brea me and my wife saw 2 fire orb object comming from high sky towards to earth, when they close low than they flying back to high sky again both of them with flame alike tail and i can see they are blinking because your eyes have very unusual or funny feeling when seeing this things, they just keep flying up and down left and right, some times lights of than turn back on, just like huge bug's movement, i also see the halicoper arounds it checking it, one of this object doing the teleport thing, it flying very low down towards ground and disappear with-in 0.1 second or shorter than it appear's again on the very top of the sky, i never see this kind of things in my life, i have a very short video whitch recording on sux cellphone how ever it's just 3 second thing and only got 1 light spot alike object. every one driving on the freeway is kind of slow down and watching it, its too dangerous doing the recording thing while driving on the freeway, i belive govement or media whitch that halicoper belones to have recorded everything because i saw that halicoper take off from anaheim tracing the these objects im just about drive the same trail us that halicopers do.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well finally a big claim from my part of town.

I have friends and relatives living in Orange County down through Huntington Beach near the John Wayne Airport.

First off - LA County is a huge area. Something allot of people don't realize. From LA County to Orange County is (conservatively 80+ miles). I'm 20 miles South of downtown Los Angeles 60 miles north of Orange County. Something visible from such a great expanse would have been big and made the blogs, local news and papers.

I can tell you we've had some spectacularly clear (if not very brisk) nights for the past month or two. Clear starry nights.

...they are baffled at no mention in any of the newspapers over the event, or media in general. I must admit, that makes me wonder why not, when so many people witnessed this really unusual event in the night sky.

I'll take the above excerpt with a grain of salt. If something that notable had been seen there would have been a torrent of reports on it from several counties in between.

I emailed two family members and one friend so far and no one has heard of this Spectacular UFO event. As of yet there appears to be no mention in any of the online newspapers covering these areas.

But of course with no story there will be no images. Again - not surprised.

For the record I carry with me an LG Phone with 2MP as well as a Cannon PS SD870 IS 8MP Elph at all times. I walk my dog at night and just in case something comes up - I'm ready to snap pics of it.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by nullster]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As I read through the article, I noticed in the last witness's testimony, she said that one of the objects had a tail, the second craft followed it down. There was a plane, most likely military or CIA, observing this event. I would speculate that first, it was a CIA plane and not military. This is why I say this; to me it appears that what has happened is this, One craft was suffering mechanical failure, (the one with the tail), the other craft went to it's rescue, perhaps using some sort of star trek tractor beam or something, who knows, if they can fly something like that to begin with, we have no clue just how far their technology reaches. This is the reason I say it was a CIA plane circling, obviously the plane's pilot knew in advance to be there, it would not be possible to get a military aircraft manned and in the air within 30 seconds and this plane was either there first or right on schedule. My guess is that the government is in some sort of contact with these beings and they were sent a message that one was in trouble and heading for the surface, the CIA in turn puts a plane in the air, not to observe, but in case the craft crashes, it can pinpoint the location before any civilians with camera's can get there and direct the appropriate organization to the exact spot, whom I am certain were also on standby in the vicinity. I would be curious to know if any other citizens noticed a couple strange large vans or something hanging around anywhere near there.

Darryl

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jass168
, i have a very short video whitch recording on sux cellphone how ever it's just 3 second thing and only got 1 light spot alike object.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!

Are you saying you have precious video?

Well all I have to say is.........

Post the video on ATS with a mod you trust.

I would talk to Springer as he is the most trustworthy.

I will write a U2U to Springer asking him to send you a messege concering uploading video onto ATS servers.

Thanks again for the post, I hope we get to see what you have.

Great stuff here

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This afternoon I spoke with Jan H____ (sorry, his last name escapes me) who is the director of Orange County Mufon. He said they are on top of this but all investigators have "lives", such as jobs and family, and it will take some time to complete the investigation. He is a very pleasant, attentive and informative person and I do not mean this to sound like he was short or impatient with me. He was just giving the facts. (I should also comment here that I met him when I first joined OC Mufon in June of 2006 and he presides over the monthly meetings.) We spent about 1/2 hour on the phone. He is thinking flares, but has not gathered enough information yet to really form an opinion. I mentioned to him some of the sighting reports I had read on the link from and on this website and he was not familiar with them. As I stated before, they are in the infant stage of the investigation. As to the lack of media coverage, he really did not have an explanation for that, but opined that the MSM in the OC area really is tired of UFO reports and tends to ignore them. He said once in a while he gets a call from a reporter whose boss has instructed him/her to do a UFO story and he will give an interview. I asked why he thought they would ignore an event with so many witnesses and he said it is just too early for him to give an opinion on it. (As an aside I would like to comment about the witness who reported stoppage on the 91 freeway--this is TOTALLY normal for this time of day on ANY day of the week. This from ME who has been caught in this mess on numerous occasions.) Jan didn't ask me to do this, but I think it would be very helpful to the investigation if people who witnessed the event would contact Orange County Mufon at 714-520-4836 or use the sighting report form at www.mufonoc.org. I emailed them last night and got the call today, so I believe any witnesses can expect a prompt reply.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
man, this is great. hope some evidence gets posted soon. im glad to see this thread coming along, i new someone would pop up eventually that had something.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Like i said i only record with crapy cell phone only thing can see in this vid is a little dot and its very short, i never see anything like this in planet earth, only things close to this object is flare or flame but it's defenaly not flame, i belive this object creat huge magnesium field that give this object moving power and lights, when you look at it your seeing something blinking very high speed. any ways here's the file i grab from my cell phone don't expect too much, like i said it's just a dot seeing at this crapy cell. rapidshare.com...

you need quick time to see it, choose Free download method.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jass168

Not working for me, anyone else having a problem?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sylph hugger

Wow!

This site and the people part of it never cease to amaze me!

If I were a mod people would be getting Applause points for their efforts!

Great work calling and chekcing up on this story.

Flares he says, I guess we will have to wait and see..........But flares?

I don't buy it!

Great work!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join