It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Apophis Heading Towards Earth! Contingency Plans Being Developed By United Nations!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

If this post is only for mikesingh's "Conspiracy Masters" it's a bit exclusive for my ATS research tastes as it ignores and denies the desires of participation of "Joe and Janet ATS" membership. Not a big deal I guess, these days of four legs good two legs better "research". For those with a concern there is an "ignore button" press it in relation to this post to make me disappear.

Exclusive - a bit upscale like hog lard on challah across from Holy Blossom on a Saturday. Like the /b/tards vs the L. Ron. corporate shock troops... boring but unpredictable. So, I won't read it as I am not a conspiracy master and the post was statedly only for "Conspiracy Masters"... And I doubt many who claim to be, are, in much else but their own spheres of influence and ATS but one could choose to attempt to keep ANY conspiracy "master" honest. I prefer the entertainment value of "Denying Ignorance" for the time being.

Hey yeah, where have the "Conspiracy Masters" gone... long time passing. Haven't read a "good new one" in a while. Still waiting to engage a possible CIA wind up doll - Kit G... that would have been so sweeeet!What a public trail of op-disaster that little fellow totes around IJMHO.

"Conspiracy Masters" are one of the reasons I choose to post so little... let them... it's their job and it doesn't pay dividends to cross those who are "hooked up" whether master or slave or mechanista and for sure they are both entertaining. I never miss a Lear post... best light reading for swilling good booze and huffin' a cubano. Hey, is JL's post count down recently? Must be doing research, hope he's OK.

Enjoy the 28 year wait for Apophis pass 2036. 2018 is when NASA was gonna "probe it" and then plan to "do something operational" for the 2029 pass so 99942 Apophis will miss us in 2036. I'll try and keep all y'all honest from time to time, besides I've got a very smart fresh tub of pickled pigs feet to gather valued dietary intel from and a young lady to teach about usind and not using traction and dynamic stabilty control systems on her 935RSR. Just enough snow... doughnuts in the garage's parking lot!

Vic

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
A few tons more or less is negligible compared to an estimated mass of 2 10^10 kg.

That depends on the distance of the object and how fast it was travelling and angle relative to us.

It may take as little as a 1 Degree change in trajectory to alter a potentially catastrophic vector.. So long as you were able to affect it from enough distance.

It's worth noting that most of the asteroids and comets that are out there are spiralling inward bound from the kuiper belt or distant Oort Cloud. We are so to speak like ducks in a fair ground attraction waiting for the bb gun to point this way.

Of course Jupiter acts very much like a cosmic vacuum cleaner and prevents a lot of smaller objects from ever entering the inner solar system.

But make no mistakes one day it WILL happen. Just a mater of time.

The question is will we have enough time to do anything about it??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. especially since by 2010/2012 the aliens are supposed to reveal themselves

They will help us out, and by the time the ateroid comes close, we'll just zap it with our Alien breatheren's space lasers

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

If this post is only for mikesingh's "Conspiracy Masters" it's a bit exclusive for my ATS research tastes as it ignores and denies the desires of participation of "Joe and Janet ATS" membership. Not a big deal I guess, these days of four legs good two legs better "research". For those with a concern there is an "ignore button" press it in relation to this post to make me disappear.

Hey, Vic! You're most welcome to plough into that post!!
Though you probably ain't a conspiracy master, you may actually enjoy it!

And yeah as Neon says, its not a question of 'if', but 'when'!! Could be clobbered by another rock much earlier! But darn, I don't think I'll find my name on the manifest for those selected few to grace the vaunted underground cities of Dulce, or Area 51!! Oh woe! But then there's plenty of time to say my goodbyes - hopefully!

Cheers!

[edit on 2-2-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
With the work being done in gravity research, i am not sure that this is even a real problem. Certainly, within 20 years we should exert enough control over gravity to be able to employ many options as a mean of defense.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Theres something incredibly soothing about thinking of how humanity has struggled and fought and plagued this planet for centuries, we have tried to get a grasp on everything and strangle it. Choke everything and bend it to our will. Then along comes a rock and hits us and theres nothing we can do. It kind of makes me happy in a way. We shouldn't get too big for our boots. Heck we can't even live happily along side each other now.
haha
Oh well 2036 is a long way off.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wonder if they could use lasers?

Maybe over time super heat the thing and break it up?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
I wonder if they could use lasers?

Maybe over time super heat the thing and break it up?

They use lasers for a lot more than that. Considering the concept that energy and mass are interchangable a superpowerful laser could hit an asteroid with a lot of force. They are actually creating black holes in the lab using these lasers.

Yeah, i think that could work.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Exactly my thoughts. Until then, alien will manifest to help us out. I believe they desintegrated asteroids in the past and they will do it again.

There are missile lauchers on the Moon anyways, so no worries.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Personally I'm pleased NASA taking an interest in tracking asteroids.

I'll never forget watching that live press feed out of JPL in California on CNN
back during the Christmas holidays in 1989. That was the first an only airing of where 3 scientist acknowledged the danger who'd tracked the orbit of Apophis.

If you've noticed it takes a few years to develop and design a craft to land on an asteroid ... this proves my point. In the beginning someone yanked the press notice for national security to prevent another country from knowing our advancements in the aerospace industr.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have a thread that is currently discussing gravity research. I found this information to be highly relevant to this topic, and will cross post it for your consideration.

Much of the early work of Dr. Li was comprised of theory pushed aggressively by Dr. Podkletnov.

The good Dr., it seems, has truly been a pioneer in the search of just exactly what gravity is, and how we control it. I will be cross posting this information in another thread, as well, as it is relevant there, too.

While reading through the following website, i ran across a very interesting piece of information.

www.americanantigravity.com...

Podkletnov's Force Beam
During experimentation with colleague Giovanni Modanese, Podkletnov found that by stimulating a rotating superconductor with a high-voltage electrical arc, a beam of force was created that is currently unexplained by contemporary physics.

The "mystery-force" appears to have a repulsive effect on nearby materials, and appears to be a focused beam of force, although the exact nature of the force that causes the repulsion is still under scrutiny.

It then links to a patent filed by Dr. Podkletnov (US 0108005, but the version i saw was V2, which concerns me....but i did have to pull it from a mirror site). This patent describes the methodology for creating his "force beam".

www.arxiv.org...

The abstract:

Abstract
The detection of apparent anomalous forces in the vicinity of high-Tc superconductors
under non equilibrium conditions has stimulated an experimental research in
which the operating parameters of the experiment have been pushed to values higher
than those employed in previous attempts. The results confirm the existence of an
unexpected physical interaction. An apparatus has been constructed and tested in
which the superconductor is subjected to peak currents in excess of 104 A, surface
potentials in excess of 1 MV , trapped magnetic field up to 1 T, and temperature
down to 40 K. In order to produce the required currents a high voltage discharge
technique has been employed. Discharges originating from a superconducting ceramic
electrode are accompanied by the emission of radiation which propagates in a focused
beam without noticeable attenuation through different materials and exerts a short
repulsive force on small movable objects along the propagation axis.
Within the
measurement error (5 to 7 %) the impulse is proportional to the mass of the objects
and independent on their composition. It therefore resembles a gravitational impulse.
The observed phenomenon appears to be absolutely new and unprecedented in the
literature. It cannot be understood in the framework of general relativity. A theory
is proposed which combines a quantum gravity approach with anomalous vacuum
fluctuations.

In essence, what we have here is a pulse gravity generator that is able to focus its energy into a "beam".

emitter kept at the temperature of 50-70 K were accompanied by a very short pulse of
radiation coming from the superconductor and propagating along the axis line connecting
the center of the emitter and the center of the target electrode in the same direction as
the discharge. The radiation appeared to penetrate through different bodies without any
noticeable loss of energy. It acted on small interposed mobile objects like a repulsive
force field, with a force proportional to the mass of the objects.
As the properties of this
radiation are similar to the properties of the gravity force, the observed phenomenon was
called a gravity impulse.

The beam actually interacted with the spheres on a level that is congruous to their mass? That is a spectacular breakthrough, as it truly does seem to mimic a gravitational force.

Here, however, we encounter a conceptual difficulty. Suppose to place on the trajectory
of the beam a very massive pendulum (say, 103 Kg). If the effect is gravitational, then
the acceleration of a test mass should not depend on its mass. However, it is clear that in
order to give this mass the same oscillation amplitude of the small masses employed in the
experiment, a huge energy amount is necessary, which cannot be provided by the device.
Therefore the effect would seem to violate the equivalence principle. Considering the backreaction
is probably necessary, namely the fact that the test mass exerts a reaction on the
source of the impulse. This reaction is negligible as long as we use small test masses.

You can easily see how this would be relevant to the "dodging" of an asteroid.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Excellent post BFFT!
Yeah those guys at LANL are sure on to many things exotic. So, another method to deflect asteroids! And not only that. Gravity shielding or anti grav is transiting from theory to the practical. Once this is achieved, the sky would be the limit - in fact not a limiting factor any more!!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

This ain't a reply to my post but something I want to add which I chanced upon. You've get to check out my post linked above for the background info...

ENDGAME

For the New World Order, a world government is just the beginning. Once in place they can engage their plan to exterminate 80% of the world’s population, while enabling the “elites” to live forever with the aid of advanced technology.For the first time, crusading filmmaker ALEX JONES reveals their secret plan for humanity’s extermination: Operation ENDGAME.
conspiracygrimoire.com...

So I'm not far off the mark, what??

Cheers! Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It just seems to me that we can wait a bit before talking about this one, we have plenty of time to get ready to die, shouldnt we be more worried about 2012 changes that NOAA, and NASA are talking about first before we worry about something coming in another 11 years. I would much rather worry about the 4 year plans first then worry about the other plans after that.

Hilda

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
At the outset I would like to mention that I’m not trying to be alarmist, but just putting the facts across!

[edit on 1-2-2008 by mikesingh]

Isn't it strange that we get these kind of "facts" thrown at us all of a sudden?

Don't you think that asteroids tumble towards us constantly for millions of years. and now since we can peer into space with our equipment we can come up with these threatening facts.

It reminds of the words of Carol Rosin, the woman who worked with Braun. The islam threat is more or less ending. The US has enormous financial problems it seems, and it is time for a new focus: the asteroids.

They will come up with new weapons and space projects, that will acquire a lot of money that the rest of the world (China and Europe) will have to come up with. And in a few years, let me guess...4 ..there will be a new threat...the ET's.

I am not in the least worried about asteroids. If something hits, it hits, I do not believe you can do much about it. And then you die, and as far as I know that is no problem too. The journey doesn't stop there in my experience.
Maybe we should ask the Et's how to tackle the asteroid problem. It would be a good start for a dialogue.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

Enjoy the 28 year wait for Apophis pass 2036.
2018 is when NASA was gonna "probe it" and then plan to "do something operational" for the 2029 pass so 99942 Apophis will miss us in 2036. I'll try and keep all y'all honest from time to time,

Vic

thanks...

but in the 'Guardian' link in the OP which dates from a **7 Dec 2005 article,
i read that 2013 was the next date to observe and recalculate the Apophis orbit.

...the next chance to make better observations will not be until 2013.

...it may be a decision in 2013 whether or not to go ahead with a full-blown mitigation mission...

** (( note to all conspiracy minded, anyone familiar with the phrase
'7 December ~A Day of Infamy' re; Pearl Harbor,
the date of the cited source information in the OP))

Anyhow, in the same source article we find;

'The threat of a coillision in 2029 was eventually ruled out at the end of last year.'

from another source (Astronomy.com), which was also published in 2005
we can find different info on Apophis, different in that the spin isn't as alarming...

The fact that Apophis is in the ATEN class of orbiting rocks, meaning the
320 meter wide rock is orbiting the Sun inside Earth's orbit...
And that after the 2029 encounter, anticipated to come within 22,600 miles
of Earth (but inside the orbit of Earth)...

it is expected that the gravitational force of Earth could cause Apophis to change into a future APOLLO class orbit,
one that actually crosses our Earth orbit in the all future pass-by's....making for a possibility of a collision in 2036 for example

see: www.astronomy.com...

So much Ado.....,
Adieu

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Now at least I know how much time left I have to live

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Don't you think that asteroids tumble towards us constantly for millions of years. and now since we can peer into space with our equipment we can come up with these threatening facts.

Reminds me of Disney's "Lilo and Stitch", where the one alein quips something to the effect that, "They have to start over every time an asteroid gets to close."

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Additional observations of the trajectory of Apophis revealed the "keyhole" would likely be missed and on August 5, 2006, Apophis was lowered to a Level 0 on the Torino Scale. As of October 19, 2006, the impact probability for April 13, 2036, is estimated at 1 in 45,000. An additional impact date in 2037 has been identified; however, the impact probability for that encounter is 1 in 12.3 million.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

The Trajectory predictions are normally based on variables which include the gravity of the Sun, Moon, other planets, and large asteroids.

However, additional factors can influence the predicted motion in ways that depend on rarely known details, such as the spin of the asteroid, its mass, the way it reflects and absorbs sun-light, radiates heat, and the gravitational pull of other asteroids passing nearby. These were examined, along with the effect of Earth's non-uniform gravity field during encounters, and limitations of the computer hardware performing the calculations.

One would normally look for the influence of such factors as they gradually alter the trajectory over years. For example, the team found solar energy can cause between 20 and 740 km (12 and 460 miles) of position change over the next 22 years leading into the 2029 Earth encounter.

It was found that small uncertainties in the masses and positions of the planets and Sun can cause up to 23 Earth radii of prediction error for Apophis by 2036.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

So then the variables are too many for an accurate prediction either way, as of now!

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join