It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: UFOs ARE HERE! (Rare Footage From 1977)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Classic documentary film from 1977 featuring: Steven Spielberg, Stan Deyo, Jacques Vallee, Prof. Allen Hynek, Stanton Friedman, Margaret Mead, Ken Arnold, Betty Hill, William Gill, Klaus Nobel, RAAF Sqdn Ldr White, Ray Palmer and Colin Cameron.

This amazing UFO documentary film was produced in 1977. It was way ahead of its time. Sadly, the master copies of this film and the two which followed it have been lost to the ravages of time. Only one VHS copy of it survived; so Channel 9 gave us permission to convert it to digital video in an effort to preserve it as an archive for the use of posterity.

This film inspired Stan Deyo to write "The Cosmic Conspiracy" book which is the sequel to the shows. The man-made, flying saucer programs are exposed in the book and the film.

Video: UFOs ARE HERE!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nothing proves UFOs better than seeing the *entire* Millenium Falcon defense scene from Star Wars!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
WOW thanks !!!!!!, i cannot beleive channel 9 put this on TV in the 70's ?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh my gosh !!! 1977 ???
It was very well done for 1977
The last interview was the best
part of the whole movie. He even
makes a link between the UFO's
and the illuminati and the NWO.

a must watch if you hadn't seen it

I hadn't seen this one before
thanks for the post
flagged and starred

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The last 30 minutes are a must see for the more in depth researcher not already in the know of Deyo's books and his history in the area of electrohydrodynamics.

Outstanding Find

Dallas

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What a charming wee movie!

Thing that gets me though is that if people were well into the UFO thing and making documentaries in 77, we are still at a bit of a stalemate in 2008? When is it time to see for real?

Thank you for the movie poster!, flagged

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Actually, I've always thought that one of the best UFO documentaries was done in 1956 (originally called "UFO," but now known as "Unidentified Flying Objects, The True Story of Flying Saucers"). It's been repackaged and is available on amazon.com these days.

www.amazon.com...

Excellent for the time, it treats the subject relatively seriously, it has some good witness interviews, and features possibly the best existing copies of both the Tremonton, Utah, and Great Falls, Montana, UFO footage, which are examined in detail.

It just goes to show you how long the history is becoming on this stuff, and perhaps how little our understanding has progressed in a half century.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Great post! I remember watching it when it aired. It was so cool back then- and still holds some interest today- especially the last 20 minutes.

Great job!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is so.."du jour". You'd swear it was made yesterday...1977, and still the issues are the same; the oil economy, mass disclosure, one world order...And the guy at the end feels "the time is near"...euh almost buddy, almost....30 years later it didn't happen for him, perhaps in 30 years it won't happen for us either...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's all true. Anti-gravity is a lot easyer then you all think. Ed Leedskalnin use to make his entire bedroom anit-gravity with a wire zig zagged across his roof and electricity ran through it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Is Ed Leedskalnin the guy that made coral castle? I was fascinated with a book i saw he wrote about how the formation of certain magnetics 'flows' (i think he called it?) could achieve an antigravity effect. I think he wrote in code or something? I'm always highly skeptical of theories like this, but he seemed able to back up his claims with the work he achieved. It all comes down to charge being the basis of eveything if i remember correctly, something I belive aswell. Positive and negative charges are the fundamental building blocks of life. Electric currents of charge and magnetics make up everything. I found it very interesting, more so than most of the bunk you read about antigravity online. If you know where i can find his book that would be interesting.

And this Deyo character is very interesting, i'm certainly going to look into him and where he's coming from over the next few days.

Good find.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The sad part is that we know that they found a 'disk' on that ranch. These fools then put it deep underground and built their own with our tax dollars and now they are fixing to do something that will doom mankind for many years to come and we do nothing but sit at our precious computers and write about it.
It is time to ban together and plan for our survival.
As far as Im concerned the argument on whether or not they exist is over. Folks we need to wake up out of our stupor and start a plan of action to deal with this or we will end up slaves.
But I also sit at my computer hoping against hope that someone will start the movement to overthrow these arrogant beast. And when I'm done here I'll go watch the latest UFO show being shown on T.V. and then go to bed and I will do nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very enjoyable, but I was pissed that I didn't spot one leisure suit.

Here we are 31 years later, and we are talking the same old rhetoric. 31 more years of trashing the plant with fossil fuel burning, asphalt road need'in automobiles. 31 years of making the selected few fortunes beyone belief.

I hate being a pee-on. They set the prices on fuel, and goods at a level we can just get by on. Meanwhile there out joy riding the entire galaxy.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this is a great find.

apart from the Star Wars promotion
(as good as star wars is),
the last interview is by far the most informative.

What about those tunnels people believe in that stretch from continent from continent?
Many people dont like to believe in this theory because they say the construction of these bases would be impossible...
However, this movie suggests that these tunnels already exist!
I'm not saying that this is the answer or anything, but perhaps we are simply using tunnels that already exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Great documentary. Just another reminder that everything I think I know is subject to scrutiny. The last guest really put the icing on it for me, although the Jaws and Star Wars promotion was entertaining. For those who said that we're no further ahead now than we were in 1977, that just nails my feeling exactly.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks Mr. Warren.. btw have loved your blog for quite some time now...

And just on the FYI.. everyone still has a little time to post your questions for Stan Deyo (who was in that film at the end). The ATSMIX Team will be interviewing him this Sunday afternoon the 3rd of Feb.

So get your questions in NOW for us to ask him in your behalf...!

Johnny Anonymous

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Thanks Mr. Warren.. btw have loved your blog for quite some time now...

And just on the FYI.. everyone still has a little time to post your questions for Stan Deyo (who was in that film at the end). The ATSMIX Team will be interviewing him this Sunday afternoon the 3rd of Feb.

So get your questions in NOW for us to ask him in your behalf...!

Johnny Anonymous

Greetings Johnny!

Thanks for the kind words! Will endeavor to put something together for Deyo. By the way my critique of "UFO Hunters" is up (Birnes should be ashamed), and my piece re the interview I did with Stephenville eyewitness, "Steve Allen" is forthcoming.

Look forward to the Dayo interview . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Thanks for the kind words! Will endeavor to put something together for Deyo. By the way my critique of "UFO Hunters" is up (Birnes should be ashamed), and my piece re the interview I did with Stephenville eyewitness, "Steve Allen" is forthcoming.

Cheers,
Frank

That would be great.. (Stan Deyo questions)!

In regards to the UFO Hunters show..
I didn't get a chance to see the Sci-Fi version yet, duly because I thought the History Channel's version would be a better target for my attention.. I have to be honest that I was a bit disappointed.. I believe that the show's episode wasn't completely investigated "up to snuff" (as they say). I noticed a few discrepancies (at least with what my limited research had turned up). And I think it quite a stretch that the 'supposed' collected samples that had been given to the Pilot's would've created the crash. If that were the case... wouldn't the samples have had some effect in whatever house they were being kept at? Or what about when they were transported by a ground vehicle, wouldn't it of disrupted the electrical in some way shape or form?

In regards to Pat Uskert diving for possible fragments from the UFO "slag". It's really pushing the limits of the imagination that these fragments would be sitting on the topsoil of the area he was diving in. Weather conditions and the the constant tide would continually be burrowing these pieces deeper into the sand unless there was "bedrock" on the floor.

And I think that there was quite a bit of acting embellishment, but that may have been pushed upon them by the producer's for the entertainment factor (I'm pretty sure of). I now wish I had seen the Sci-Fi's version now...

I'm off to read your blog and review of the show and see what you've got to say with regards to it.. I'm also looking forward to your interview with the Stephenville eyewitness, "Steve Allen"..

Take care,
Johnny

[edit on 2-2-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Originally posted by Frank Warren

Cheers,
Frank

That would be great.. (Stan Deyo questions)!

In regards to the UFO Hunters show..
I didn't get a chance to see the Sci-Fi version yet, duly because I thought the History Channel's version would be a better target for my attention.. I have to be honest that I was a bit disappointed..

I'm off to read your blog and review of the show and see what you've got to say with regards to it.. I'm also looking forward to your interview with the Stephenville eyewitness, "Steve Allen"..

Take care,
Johnny

[edit on 2-2-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous] [/quote

Mornin' Johnny, et al,

You've probably read my review of "UFO Hunters" by now, I hope I didn't "sugar-coat" it too much!

I'm afraid THC's version was a disappointment, and certainly doesn't do Ufology any favors, if in fact that first episode is an example of what is to come.

Re "Steve Allen," I found him to be a stalwart witness; the Stephenville case is much bigger then what the MSM's reporting would lead one to believe. Very reminiscent of the erroneously labeled, Phoenix Lights."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this program; despite the amazingly scattershot approach, the producers did manage to hit some remarkable targets spot-on, and the interview with Deyo is riveting and revelatory. It simply impels you to seek out more information about him and his claims.

What a revelation to see Hynek; it is much like hearing Ike or JFK speak; the level of discourse has so fallen that his logic and presentation seem almost foreign to us today.

Finally, Margaret Mead's pithy interjection is well worth noting:

"I have very little time [sic] with the attitudes of traditional science, which behave much more like religious dictatorships in many instances that they do open-minded scientific communities."

Amen to that!

top topics

join