It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I spy, with my PanCam eye...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You are refrencing Rense?

LOL

While lightning from a dust storm might be possible, (although unlikely, I think) I think that you need to cite a better source than Rense.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
powerweb.grc.nasa.gov...

Lightning occurs as a result of natural charging phenomena. On earth, lightning is known to result from electric fields developed during rain storms, dust storms, and volcanic eruptions. These fields are the result of droplet-droplet, or dust-dust collisional charging. Since extensive dust storms are known on Mars, Martian lightning should be expected to occur.

Lightning discharges have been detected on every planet with an atmosphere except for Mars and Neptune. Neptune has been only briefly surveyed. Mars has been more extensively surveyed (Mariner, Viking). However, the reconnaissance involved did not specifically focus on surveying the Martian night, and, therefore, might simply have failed to detect the relatively faint signatures of Martian lightning flashes.

[Edited on 2/14/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK, fair enough, Martian lightning.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Am I the only one here that thinks that the long rock or whatever it is, looks like a fossel from a long time ago? I'm thinking that it was an alien creature who was one of the last to die out because of whatever circumstances which happened that turned the prospering planet into a giant dust bowl.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
Am I the only one here that thinks that the long rock or whatever it is, looks like a fossel from a long time ago? I'm thinking that it was an alien creature who was one of the last to die out because of whatever circumstances which happened that turned the prospering planet into a giant dust bowl.

I am not sure what rock you are refering to.

How do you know that Mars was once a "prospering planet?"

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The fine grain sand in the middle looks like someone covered up at the beach to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I see some interesting shapes and patterns. It would be interesting to look at them closer.

However, keeping in mind that Mars is another planet with an environment, climate and geology that are significantly different from ours, I think it is wrong to apply terestrial models to acount for the shapes and patterns.

Well phrased.
This is a big blind spot in the whole system.
I keep seeing references elsewhere that people want to identify the sedimentary rocks as created by windblown deposits.
If they were wind-blown, they wouldn't have become rocks without being subjected to pressure non-existent (insufficient to create >rock

top topics

<< 1   >>

join