It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Listen lad there problems that you are facing not me, get a loan or something, sell you computer, cut back on your food intake and save money to feed others, these are all small obstacles that any one with half a brain could get around, you dont need a quailification to tell some one to wear a condom! you are the one clutching at straws, you have no intention of helping any one, but to make yourself feel superior to other syou convince yourself that you want to help when in fact you clearly dont, cause if you did youd be down there, why not join the peace corps? the list of options is endless and yet you persist in your now totally defunct argument of i cant afford it, get a job and give them your wages!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I went to KFC last night, I usually don't eat there but I decided it would give me a break from having to cook. Its just me, my wife and my son so I did not want a 10 piece dinner.

I only wanted a 6 piece dinner so I explained it to the drive thru lady. She then told me that by adding an extra biscuit to the 6 piece dinner I would be paying more than the cost of the 10 piece. Me and my wife and son will not eat 10 pieces I explained, and I told her I would just trash it therefore I wanted a damn 6 piece.

After paying more for less I realised I just payed them not to waste food and in the end I wasted money.Eating chicken two days in a row was not an option.

Oddly enough I thought about this thread and how these people are eating dirt and how in America your basically forced to overeat or waste food on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Honestly, this is genius.Granted disgusting and horrible, but the mud is rich with minerals. I know a Sudanese man who survived via this.

I hope they find some food soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

It's funny that you assume you know me by talking to me through a message board.

Once again, it has become clear you don't care about anyone but yourself, so you are only grasping at straws to counter everything I say.

I will be helping people, because, unlike you, I actually have the motivation to do so, once I am able to gather the resources to accomplish that.

Enjoy your life of selfishness and greed. One can only hope that someday you get a sample of the life, that the people you look down upon and laugh at, live. Maybe then you'll learn to be a little more considerate.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I think what our board members are trying to get across is your procrastination is doing more harm than good in the long run because the right time never comes. And furthermore it appears (because nothing is really the way it is) you are projecting your shortcomings onto others.

I believe I have helped by bringing awareness up to speed with regards to the political situation. I don't think it matters just what you do, that you do anything at all is what counts.

I am reminded of a moving story, where this lad went to his church, but he had nothing to give when the offering plate came around. So he put it on the floor, stepped into the plate, and said 'all that I am, I give to you'.

Now that is the spirit, not the one you have of waiting.

I am also reminded of an Islamic proverb on a mosque at Fatehpur Sikri~

And Jesus (peace be with him) said: 'The world is a bridge. Cross over it, but do not settle down on it! He who hopes for an hour may hope for eternity! The world is but an hour: spend it in devotion, for the rest is of no worth.'

Commit these burning letters of fire to your conscience.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

WOW im really not gettin through to you am I? I dont care, one way or another if those people die tommorow or live until there 200 years old! And amazingly you have changed your mind about doing something after I told you what it is you should be doing!blah blah blah i dont have any qualifications or money blah blah blah! well neither do they so yer' in the same boat!
And how is saying I dont care clutching at straws?I have countered everything you have said with logic whereas you just say im heartless, again were back to you clutchin at straws!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Pro-genetic]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Thank you for puttin so eloquantly what I have struggled to say!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I find it amazing how pathetic people on this website are. I thought people were here to be open minded, discuss world issues, and do it in a mature, considerate, and humane manner? I thought most people here were above the status quo, the very thing that has put these people in the position they were in? I thought most people here agreed that things needed to change?

I guess I was wrong. Some of you are far too ignorant and pathetic to even continue talking to you.

You feel real bad ass sitting on your computer, feeling secure in your life, and not ever having to meet these people and tell them to their face that you don't give a damn.

Really #ing pathetic. Every one of you are disgusting.

I hope you all meet the same fate these people have and you suffer and experience everything these people are experiencing. I'll be the first one to stand up, laugh at you, and tell you I don't give a damn that you're suffering.

Go ahead and warn me too. I really don't care. As long as we're being honest about not giving a # about fellow human beings, I figured I'd let it be known my opinions as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I find it amazing how pathetic people on this website are. I thought people were here to be open minded, discuss world issues, and do it in a mature, considerate, and humane manner? I thought most people here were above the status quo, the very thing that has put these people in the position they were in? I thought most people here agreed that things needed to change?

I guess I was wrong. Some of you are far too ignorant and pathetic to even continue talking to you.

You feel real bad ass sitting on your computer, feeling secure in your life, and not ever having to meet these people and tell them to their face that you don't give a damn.

Really #ing pathetic. Every one of you are disgusting.

I hope you all meet the same fate these people have and you suffer and experience everything these people are experiencing. I'll be the first one to stand up, laugh at you, and tell you I don't give a damn that you're suffering.

Go ahead and warn me too. I really don't care. As long as we're being honest about not giving a # about fellow human beings, I figured I'd let it be known my opinions as well.

Are you having your period or something?

If you did stand up and laugh at me were i in that situation you would be worse than me cause im indiferent about there situation, i would not rub it in there face, unlike you who's head is so far up your own ass, your poo tastes good to ya, people on this site are very openminded and do it in a mature and considerate manner, it is you whom matyas has already stated project your own short comings onto us, we were havin a very civil disscusion until you came in and decided to shove your philosophy down my throat which i really dont appreicate, and i dont feel bad ass sittin here behind my computer, you must be a bit slow, ive already said im indifferent about there situation!
It is in fact you who is ignorant, i aknowledge and accept your view of the situation it is you who is having trouble accepting mine!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Thank you.

Indeed, but I think no other has put it as eloquently as Luke did. In Luke 9:55-62 after being turned away from a village of Samaritans James and John wanted Jesus to command fire to come down from heaven to consume them, to wit he spoke:

55 But he turned and rebuked them, and said, YE KNOW NOT WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YE ARE OF.
56 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS NOT COME TO DESTROY MEN'S LIVES, BUT TO SAVE THEM. And they went to another village.
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, LORD, I will follow thee withersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, FOXES HAVE HOLES, AND BIRDS OF THE AIR HAVE NESTS; BUT THE SON OF MAN HATH NOT WHERE TO LAY HIS HEAD.
59 And he said unto another, FOLLOW ME. But he said, LORD, suffer me first to bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD: BUT GO THOU AND PREACH THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
61 And another also said, LORD, I will follow thee; but let me go first bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, NO MAN, HAVING PUT HIS HAND TO THE PLOUGH, AND LOOKING BACK, IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Apologies in advance for heavy scriptural quotes, they came in handy here for this issue. The Master's words are applicable to all of us.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Thank you.

62 And Jesus said unto him, NO MAN, HAVING PUT HIS HAND TO THE PLOUGH, AND LOOKING BACK, IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Apologies in advance for heavy scriptural quotes, they came in handy here for this issue. The Master's words are applicable to all of us.

No prob on the quotes, but what exactly does this mean, its late and i cant figure it out, I can get it literaly but the bible aint literal so there is a meaning in there somewhere! If you look back on your work your not goin to heaven??????

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
No prob on the quotes, but what exactly does this mean, its late and i cant figure it out, I can get it literaly but the bible aint literal so there is a meaning in there somewhere! If you look back on your work your not goin to heaven??????

Right thou art about the metaphors. To me, it means let go of the baggage. To sacrifice the lesser for the greater.

And the kingdom of God is a (ultimate) state of being (alive), all around us and in everything. The All In All. Even the mud cakes. Another master, Yoda, described it when he spoke of the Force!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

This breaks my heart....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Haitians were given pigs to raise so they could sell the meat and feed themselves...they hunted down all the pigs and ate them all

they were shown how to cultivate their trees and replant...they cut down every tree they could find and totally devasted any forest land they may have had.

some people cannot govern themselves and thus need a dictator or king to rule over them with an iron fist.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by SpectTater]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Where is the rest of the world? why just blame the US, THe US who by the way donates the most aid to africa..Where is china? Europe? Why do you seem to think this is americas fault? Get a life..

No, you get a life, & don't be rude; And open your mind: - If clean energy technology was disclosed, not only would the so-called third world countries be spared from poverty (by not having to pay for coal & oil, but the rest of the world would be able to donate more, if needed, for we wouldn't have to pay for electricity or gas.

- Stop cackling at seemingly insignificant issues, try to imagine having to eat mud yourself, (surely there must've been a time when you have not eated all day) - And then look at your own country, the US, that is hiding clean technology from the public. - No proof youll say? It's quite clear UFOs are real, & they are not burning gas, & they sure as heck are not burning ignorant thoughts... (unfortunately)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectTater
Haitians were given pigs to raise so they could sell the meat and feed themselves...they hunted down all the pigs and ate them all

they were shown how to cultivate their trees and replant...they cut down every tree they could find and totally devasted any forest land they may have had.

some people cannot govern themselves and thus need a dictator or king to rule over them with an iron fist.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by SpectTater]

Right, just give them another excuse for martial law, will ya? Perhaps a little guidance & education would work, but that's just a thought.... Don't listen to me, nobody ever does... - Looks like the entire world needs a little (lot) of guidance & education....

PS: - I'd post my website here, but I'd probably get another arbitrary private message from an administrator thinking I'm advertizing a commertial site, even though there is not one banner on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by criticalunity

Haiti is a lot like africa, the world has been feeding and giving them stuff for 60 years now, it's time to go cold turkey with all the aid, they will never learn to stand on there own to feet if we keep giving them reasons to stay on the floor

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have no sympathy... As they then go and have "7 children" they create their own problems. Then to make matters worse they have more children, how irresponsible. They can't take care of themselves properly yet they have more children than families in wealthly nations...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Good point! but education is directly proportional to child birth, the more educated you are the less kids you have, look at the disasterous birth rates in the first world compared to that of the third world where people are relativly uneducated, plus what else are you gonna do all day when you dont have a job?????

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Double post!

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Pro-genetic]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join