It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the economy being manipulated to boost recruitment numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is just a theory mind you, and being as such I have placed this in the Skunkworks section as I have no real hard proof to confirm.....again...just a theory and nothing more.

How hard would it be to for the government to manipulate our economy in order to serve it's own purpose? It seems to me that in a declining economy the number of enlisted military recruits will rise.

If a government has a high demand for troops to engage in military efforts (aka fodder for unpopular foreign wars) there would need to be deciding factors involved to help boost troop numbers. That being the case, it would seem especially difficult to recruit fresh young bodies for such efforts in a booming economy.

Having a strong economy with better employment options, affordable education alternatives and a general high quality of life would be counter productive to a regime that is actively seeking young men and women for military service. When jobs are available, education is affordable and quality of life is high young people are far more reluctant to risk life and limb for a meager $25,000 per year and tuition aid. Right?

Now turn the page to January 08. Military recruitment goals have been ever exceedingly hard to meet for recruiters. The demand for fresh meat is at an all time high. The war is terribly unpopular amongst young enlistment aged people. The PTB know that this war in Iraq is just a build up to the many conflicts just over the horizon. So instead of re-implementing the draft and forcing a huge backlash, they instead use an economic squeeze play to bring in new soldiers to fight their cause.

Consider if you are a nineteen year old kid, fresh out of high school, stuck in a one horse town where all of the manufacturing jobs have been long since shipped over seas. You have no applicable job skills, and worse yet tuition for even a local junior college is out of reach. Gas pricing, rent and cost of living has virtually forced you into a corner with almost no way out. With the reality of being homeless in your near future, here comes the US Army and Uncle Sam to step right in as a saving grace.

"We will pay you money to travel and see the world, give you room and board and three meals a day, and even pay $20,000 toward your future education!! All you have to do is sign on the dotted line. Heck, you probably won't even be sent to Iraq!!"

Could the government be manipulating or at the very least IGNORING the current state of the economy in order to boost recruitment needs? Some of you will say it is not possible and some will say that this notion is ridiculous. But ask yourself, if you were that 19 year old with 3 options, you either sell drugs, starve, or join the military. Im not saying anyone is even being forced to join the Marines, but in a roundabout way I would say that they are.

This same theory can also be applied to why our government does nothing about the gigantic influx of illegal Mexican immigrants pouring across our borders every day.

How does this new ad sound...."Want to gain citizenship status? Come and fight for your country and PROVE that you love America. You can earn money for college, develop job skills and training, and prove to Americans that you belong here!!"

How long before you see this happen?

The US gov has no intention of stopping in Iraq, and with the military spread thin and re-enlistment wavering they will have to find new bodies to wage the war in Pakistan and Iran. Make life difficult enough here in the states and there will be no need to implement a draft. Poor kids from California to Florida will be lining up hand over foot just to get out of the trap that they are currently stuck in.

If I am wrong here, please feel free to let me know what I am missing. To me this could not be more obvious. Poor kids being sent to die to protect the interests of the wealthy has always been the case, but this time around it seems a bit more co-ordinated and underhanded effort.

Have they been planning this economic collapse for the last two years in order to boost troop numbers for what they already know will happen in the coming months?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Now that the economy is sliding further and further down hill, I pose the same question.

Could this be a reason why the economy is tanking and nobody in government seems to notice or care?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If they wanted recruits that badly they would bring back the Draft . The economy is being manipulated and it may be working towards Martial Law as that is one of the steps of the NWO..

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm in my 20s and this theory and your post still holds true in theory for me despite my decision not to join the military. I have always thought when looking at my life - what if I slip up and the worst happens, what if I lost my job, or what if I ever could not sustain myself and went bankrupt. If I wanted to dig myself out of that hole, joining the military would be the obvious option.

However after my experiences and my views on things, I'd probably rather starve than join at this point. I think I will post my experiences when I was looking into joining the military on another thread.

But yes, I think there is a segment of the young population that views the military as a viable option, second choice, or last resort. And the worse things get, the better the military option looks.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
BlackOps I'm glad you brought this up

it really looks like at this point that the PTB want war to be our biggest export
so many private contractors in the war business ,and strangling the manufacturing and industrial base is the way to transform America to a war economy

pretty disgusting , but that's sure is how it looks like this thing is shaping up

that's one reason they want to obstruct Obamas green initiatives, they invested in war, and jobs and products made here for here mean they lose everything....um wouldn't that be nice!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A great theory, one that i never contemplated, as for bringing back the compulsory draft if this were to happen would it lead to mass protests and marshall law?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I remember when I wrote this back in January 08 when things were really starting to take a dump with the economy.

It suddenly occured to me what a fantastic time it would be to destroy an economy and make people jobless and dependant upon govenrment for survival.

When people are poor, desperate and needing a way out the military doesnt seem like such a bad alternative. When a war machine needs fresh new bodies for the death squads but having difficulty tricking people into joining up the natural thing to do would be to make sure they have no hope of finding a job.

Afghanistan will require a large crop of fresh faces to fight the good fight, if we move on Iran it will require many more. The troops we have are over extended as it is. Instead of reinstituting an unpopular draft and having the people revolt, why not just put the squeeze on people economically so they will in turn come and sign up willingly?

Little Johnny is 18 years old with a high school diploma, little Johnny cant find a job even pumping gas because the economy is shot, little Johnny's family can barely afford to put food on the table, in comes smiling Sgt. Whatshisname for the friendly US Army offering little Johnny a place to live, a steady pay check and a chance to be somebody.

All he has to do is sign his life on the dotted line and go shoot peasants in a third world country who have done him no harm.

top topics

join