It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of E.T.'s at Area51?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
the bio said he purchased a box of memorabilia from the daughter of a marine captain (deceased?) daughter didn't know movie was there.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphA1551
reply to post by miguelbmx

however it's much harder to fake OLD 8 mm film at least in a digital sort of way and having it to match the grainy/ vertical lines
i agree 100%.........however it is not impossible. compare these two videos if you will.
alien video
and here is the video i found in a few minutes of searching.
fake video
i am pretty sure that you can layer effects to make it look even closer to the alien video.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ok, so where is the rest of the video? Why is it always little 12 second clips? And the way it is filmed also makes no sense if it was for military purposes.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

True, am not ruling out the possibility either. Though it is interesting what "Nova351" says about the background for the film.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by AlphA1551]

[edit on 21-1-2008 by AlphA1551]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

i said maybe they gave the camera to one of the aliens to film it.

Not trying to be a smart-A** but i dont think the humans would have said "Nah man thats the zoom, its the red button to record", that given humans could communicate with the aliens.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the story behind this clip is fake and even those Aliens in it but some parts of it are not fake.

Very intriguing video. I'm sure it will all come out that it's a total hoax but can't wait for them to come out and admit that.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

True, am not ruling out the possibility either. Though it is interesting what "Nova351" says about the background for the film.
hey like i said before i could be wrong and if you talk to my wife i'm always wrong
but ill stick to my guts on this one.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I think the story behind this clip is fake and even those Aliens in it but some parts of it are not fake.

Very intriguing video. I'm sure it will all come out that it's a total hoax but in actuality, that will not be entirely true either.

so what your saying is your 50 / 50 on it ?.....lol
'

ok trying to avoid the one liner

what parts do you think are real ?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
However, it is important to note that the film being from Area51 is not supported by anything other than the user's own conclusions. He says:

I own one super 8mm reel of film that has alien beings and what looks like a alien-human type child on it , the child is playing on the film , it looks like it was filmed in a lab of some sort ,
- [emphasis added]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ah, heck.

This is cool, but it's silly. Even Miss Piggy can blink.

Watching these clips made me think of the old Gamera movie that was on a few nights ago.

Why's it all zoomed in? I'll speculate it's so that we can't see details inauthentic to, what, 1969? The less we see, the less chance hoaxers have of blowing it.

Cool, but silly.
F

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i cry FAKE!. id say good fake. but it looks too clear to be from the 50's. those lines you see on the screen can be added through editing. also a film in the 50's would be more grainy./ those aliens blinking look animatronic to a degree. around the aliens necks, to me looks like a join an a rubber suit.

im no professional. but this video doesnt appeal to me.

i claim hoax. but a very clever good hoax

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
just because it looks like it was filmed in a lab doesn't make it so or should i post the alien autopsy video?
don't take it personal dude i'm just voicing my opinion and providing links to back me up; i said it before and ill say it again i'm not attacking you however i do question the film.

i apologize if i took your comment the wrong way.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Huh. problem I have hear is that the paper should have aged. Shouldn't be that white, looking new printed. Otherwise, most of the items fit fairly well.

On the first video, I notice that the aliens mouth is open, but there are no other facial movements. None of the aliens move anything but their heads, and we don't see their bodies at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If its a hoax its a bloody good one, its suspicious that the good footage only goes for 21 seconds. None the less if its fake its good

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wow! I didn't even see this one until just now! Amazing. A baby alien... how cute!

But... I'm not sure if I'm going to get a good night's rest after viewing these films this evening... lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The alien child changes expression as it hides from the camera.

It smiles and it's eyes crinkle, as if in a shy and mischievous manner.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Whats your take on the second one ? I just showed my dad (who is quite the skeptic) said if its fake its very well done

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Besides watching the clips and crying FAKE! there seems to be a fair amount of information that can be researched:

On the shirt is a blue, white, orange and red insignia of a world grid, the U.S star with orange wings coming off the U.S star, and the number 20.

On the large brown envelope it says: 1 copy of special map "A"
Below that: SV.BTRY.-176

Also 2 Red, White and Blue insignia on the brown leather case in one of the shots.

An envelope Date Stamped 15th August 1945, Air Mail addressed to Mrs Carl R. Sheid C/O State Police Dept Box 1139 Little Rock, Arkansas

These bits of information need to be looked into. Come on ATSer's lets start those search engines running and get to the bottom of this.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, I have to call shenanigans on this one for a few reasons.

addressing the videos themselves, I find it hard to believe that these could have been shot by a military photographer or a film nut from that era. They are shot in a very haphazard manner, there are random cuts from shot to shot and none of the shots really give you an open look to the room or what is really going on, you see a lot of headshots, glowing eyes, but no bodies, I know if I was shooting a roomful of aliens, I would try and document as much as I could, I probably wouldn't even bother to stop the film unlike whoever shot this who appeared to be stopping it and moving every few seconds... Now it could be edited afterwords, but if that was the case, the original film would have a whole lot of splice tape on it unless it was transfered to a new reel which would have been a process in itself. Even so, you would probably still see a few of the splices. Or, the guy who bought this, after getting it onto his computer could have edited it, but if that's the case, why?

Next, the quality of the film itself. Man, if this is a real piece of film, it has been treated like crap. Most old footage I have seen from the 40's-60's doesn't look nearly this bad, my family has old 16mm and 8mm films galore and the worst stuff is either from the 20's or my dads kmart super 8 from the 70's. You would think that again, something this huge would be treated with a bit more respect. Now the hairs and random blobs I can deal with, but the scratches make it look like they have run this thing through a broken or super dirty projector about twenty times. How did this guy transfer it? It definitely isn't projected on a wall and recorded, does he have a transfer box of some sort? An affection for old film? What is his background I wonder?

As for it being harder to fake old film, no not so much... Where I work we have a synergy 2 video switcher that has an old film generator for production use. It has a range from the early 1900's to vhs and is pretty good for a realtime dve effect. it will add random hairs, blobs, film jitter, scratches, and oversaturation to a perfectly clear video to make it appear it was shot years ago. It isn't perfect, but it's realtime, and the randomizer works pretty dang well. With post production these days, you could do all those things and more and all you really need is a copy of after effects. To me, it looks like someone went overboard with the scratches thinking it would make it more effective.

Here's a good example of the old film look. check out the grain, the scratches, and the jitter when the picture starts to roll down a bit, look familiar? Here's another. Just search old film effect on youtube. there's a ton more.

Now as for the story, I'm not buying it. So a woman sells her fathers things in a trunk and doesn't even bother taking the money out? I mean, it didn't look like much currency really, a couple bucks from each country, but to sell that with the box? Also, has she no desire to keep old photos of him? Apparently one of the photos said "daddy with so and so", I'm guessing the marine didn't write that, so the daughter must have known what was in the box. She didn't just sell it blind, This whole thing seems fabricated. I can see selling the helmet, hat, coat, projector, and cameras, but the photos, films, and money seem like something you'd hang on to. Especially the photo she marked...

The blinking alien was cool, but the others did look pretty cheesy, and the whole *removal?* from the human scene just looked staged in the way it was edited.

Eh, that's my opinion, it isn't exactly damning, but I for one can't buy this as real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join