It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Markings in the Desert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Please forgive me if these have been posted before.

Been searching Google Earth and came across these markings in the desert in the north of Nevada. I have searched the forums and haven’t seen these ones before, there is several giant arrows point in a different direction, there are large circles, with roman numerals in the centre (1, 2 and 3), and there is a large Star of David and also a Masonic Symbol.
The place is/use to be an air base, but why all the strange symbols?
I have put a few of the screen shots below, but if anyone is looking for the coordinates you can see them in the screen print.

Look around the area and you can see more, the numerals are in the dimond shape symbols, with a circle in the middle.

Thanks.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8
Image 9

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The triangular patterns with the circles are actually bomb testing areas (image 1-2), Image 3 looks like a air defense system of some kind, possibly a sam site.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok picture #2 I have to say I am stunned as to how someone can say its a bomb testing sight. Check out the dream catcher. Yes that is what it is circles inside of each other and lines coming down from it. In the #3 one it looks like a huge star of David inside of a circle.

#5 shows a plain still parked there.

If #7 was showing us a bulls eye where they were suppose to hit then our airforce is either blind or stupid since there are so many hits away from it. yet not a one on it

#8 is not understandable at all.

#9 I have no idea at all as to what the heck it is.

But they are interesting.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

I am stunned as to how someone can say its a bomb testing sight.

The reason why people can say these are bomb testing sights is because they are stating a fact! My husband is AD Air Force. He says they are all bomb targets....and they have pictures of many of these sites in thier quadron. Better quality arial shots.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
guys in the military,, i'm sure have a sense of humor---i bet they have some fun or joking when mmaking these temp. targets---i bet there's been pen-s targets as well

we can't over read into everything

the military stories i've been told and the scoldings they recieved for such stories are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

granted a crude joke---but i bet the star of david was possibly an off hand joke!!!!

we think of the military as so strict and by the book---yet the shenanigans, screw ups and blunders are numerous and funny

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They look to me like the great vaults built by the Scientologists to hold their 'precious' things. Yes, my bet is that it is the Scientologists rather than testing sites.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

thanks for the screen shots iammonkey. I got the jpg screen captures you gave and plan to check them out in my google earth. A virtual vacation... all from my laptop.

dlb

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
#9 is a waffle iron.

the "Star of David" is a characteristic Soviet SAM site. Straight roads from anywhere to everywhere else, and a ring road.

The bullseyes are intelligence gathering sites. Dipoles in every direction, of varying length to suit different wavelengths of radio transmissions.

Other sites probably emulate Soviet compounds.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Researcher]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Researcher]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Researcher

At least that explains why they never hit the bullseye. To bad bush hadnt been standing off to one side not wanting to be hit lol.

I edited it to add this:
That must be one big waffle.

Hilda

[edit on 19-1-2008 by hildar]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
WoW i've look at Area 51 b4 on google earth but I cant beleave I missed that good eyes dude. Thats insane
makes me wish that someone in side the goverment snaps and comes clean, or Coast to Coast am does a spill the beans line..lol.

top topics

join