It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Cell Phone Video: Texas UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Click on the link to see an Anderson Cooper segment where a cellphone video of a UFO was shown. I believe this is the Texas UFO.

The Shot: UFO caught on tape?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Silenceisall]

[edit: fixed link to video]

[edit on 17-1-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit: Edited title to be more specific]

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Clearly we are seeing both an increase in activity and a corresponding capitalization by the media on a phenomenon that generates ratings.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is the video I saw on our local news last evening, of the purported ufo in Texas, I recorded the news of that, but couldn't find a link on the kare11 website to post last night. I'm not convinced that object is a mile long either. unless the object is ten miles away, which it could be.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The recorders sound unfortunatly not convincing too. They dont seem to be excited and making only fun. The shot might be Venus or Sirius. Was that broadcasted on TV or was that raw? It doesnt seem to worth to broadcast I think. I hope that more convincing tapes will be available soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That's the 1 mile long by half mile wide alien spaceship that was moving at "lightning speed"?

When will we ever learn?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why have you not posted this in the ongoing Texas thread...?

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We cannot determine what this object is from the shoddiness of the equipment it was recorded with. Unfortunately yet again a potentially promising documentation of something unidentifiable will go into the proverbial file 13.

Sometimes I wonder if things such as UFOs and others can detect good recording equipment and professional camera crews and steer clear of them.

I really wish that someday someone would take a good picture of a UFO and them not be crazy.

From what I saw in this clip it appeared that something smaller was orbiting the larger object. I could be mistaking the shakiness of the cameraman for that orbiting object.

Also without a clear point of reference one cannot determine the size of the object.

makes me sad.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I didn't post this on the Texas UFO thread beause it was not 100% clear that that is what it was.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
damn beaten to the punch again! lol
I still can't get the video to load correctly

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Moi non plus.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This has been posted in the main Texas UFO thread as well.

I am going to let this thread run on its own as to get a discussion going on this particular video.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Click on the link to see an Anderson Cooper segment where a cellphone video of a UFO was shown. I believe this is the Texas UFO.

The Shot: UFO caught on tape?

I've seen that video before the Texas incident, it's old material.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Based on the reports I've read of the recent Texas sighting, this isn't it. They witnesses described an enormous object. This looks to me like an insect buzzing around rather close to the camera. The sarcasticness of the people doing the filming doesn't help the cause much either.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The saddest part?

That CNN, a supposedly professional reporting service, doesn't have the discrimination to keep this junk off the air.

I wonder if they would pay me for the video of a cell tower light that my nephew and I filmed. With a little camera manipulation, it "zoomed" off the screen pretty convincingly.

The CNN video is obviously a similar prank.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tevis69
damn beaten to the punch again! lol
I still can't get the video to load correctly

I concur, it doesn't work for me either
the video may have been taken down already

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiodjguy
Sometimes I wonder if things such as UFOs and others can detect good recording equipment and professional camera crews and steer clear of them.

Something like that, perhaps. If the UFO in question is from the future, or can move freely through time, then all they need to do is track media coverage of their appearance, and if anyone gets a good video or other piece of incontrovertible evidence, they can simply go back in time again and avoid it/make it not happen. It's one possible explanation for the fact that UFO sightings are numerous and varied, yet the amount of hard evidence always seems to be limited to just the degree that it cannot be called proof.

Time machines.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know what's really funny? It's always the media who is derisive when commenting about UFO's and this time it's the people who caught it on their cell phone that are scornful and the people in the media who actually stick up for it after their drunken sounding banter. Anderson himself says the sherrif, public figures, levelheaded people etc. all reported seeing it and it being a mile long. Strange switch of roles for the media to give credit and not speak in condescending tones about this.

top topics

join