It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i was just wondering why someone would think that followers religion that advocates the most christlike lifestyle would be cast into a lake of fire and whatnot...

Probably because it is a works rightousness religion that has exaulted mary to the mother of God and teaches so much false Christian doctrine but I think you already know that MIMS, I think you know much more about that then the most avid church going Catholic

no, i understood. i was just pointing out how peaceful the religion was, peace being something jesus held in high regard.
blessed are the peacemakers, remember?

Not really, but Ill take your word for it.

odd that you'd cite the oldest sect of christianity as the one trying to steal its name

No Mad,, I wasn't talking about the name "Catholic"

wow, more personal attacks

If you want to take it personal,, I really could have laid it on thick but you are not wise like I said. You see it again where you have been saying below about the cosmology of the earth and sun when you coninue to say this time and time again. The same goes for the rest of this post it is more of the same garbage you insist on passing off facts but you are completely wrong and you have been corrected time and time again but your agenda isn't about being corrected, it is about insulting Christianity and those who believe in it. There are lots mythical things written about in ATS but none of them you attack. You THINK God is a myth and OURS is the one you do this with.

I think you have serious issues about this subject that need resolving.
is all

- Con

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i'm a buddhist in that i'm following teachings of the buddha...

.... No.... You're not

Buddha would not consider posting atheist sentiments on message boards a worthwhile growth in consciousness. In fact, that's pretty close to the exact opposite of spiritual progression.

Boy did you hit the nail on the head with that one. I know many Buddists here in Az and I just can't imagine them participating in Mad's mission to antagonize Christianity the way he has. I can see Atheists do it because they have best selling authors like Dawkins telling them to. Imagine a Scientist of his reputation telling people to call people names. Damn immature for someone of his status when you think about it.

- Con

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by riley
You didn't even retract your school girl quip or offer an apology for it.

Of course I didn't retract it but only rephrased it because it's how I honestly see such an argument. There is no need to walk on egg shells when you're sharing an opinion as long as you phrase it respectfully.

You did not rephrase that showing respect. You compared my entire spiritual journey to that of school girls playing.. that was disgraceful. I should not have to qualify my entire spiritual beliefs to anyone.. re-read that verse.
It really is like you presumed my atheism means I am more likely to lie.
Someone said buddhists are part of the conspiracy as well.. this thread is attacking ALL atheists.

Could I be wrong? Of course. Again, I don't know you. But it sounds like claiming to be a Buddhist based on a segment of the philosophy is like the posers I went to high school with who thought saying 'so mote it be' made them a witch. We could use some Christians as an example for good measure.

I got accused of this earlier and I find it VERY offensive.. and what do you do? repeat it. Please STOP inferring we/I might be lieing. You have no basis for such reasoning as you do not seem to even know what buddhism is. It's not just some monks living in the hills trying not to kill grasshoppers.

Does someone following the ten commandments make someone a Christian or should they consider the technical definition of the word: a follower of Christ.

the posters condemning all atheists on this thread certainly do not remind me of jesus..

You could be a Buddhist for all I know.

For all you know? This is my point. I have already said several times that I am a buddhist but even you imply that I may not be by saying "could". I AM a buddhist.. I have said this many times and the fact you think that there's valid reason to question that.. again shows you think I might be lieing.

It doesn't contradict atheism. It's also none of my business but thought I'd ask for a clarification.

..which again was itself implying that I was lieing.. :shk:
I have clarified this repetively [since page three] and even several times in this post for good measure, yet I still have doubts it will sink in.

Anyways, I have a feeling a mod is about to come in here and lay down the holy hammer on both of us so I'll stop there.

I haven't been going around accusing people of lieing about their spiritual beliefs.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by riley]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
so...seriously, where is the evidence of a conspiracy by atheists to overthrow christianity?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This thread is kinda silly.

yeah, like atheists can overthrow Christianity.

Every empire of the past 20 centuries has not been able to overthrow it.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
To the OP: But yeah I agree with you about some of those malicious/militant atheist websites.

They're probably just some losers who have nothing better to do with their lives.

They know their life is pointless so they try to distract themselves with crap like that. It makes them feel like they're doing something productive.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
This thread is kinda silly.

yeah, like atheists can overthrow Christianity.

Every empire of the past 20 centuries has not been able to overthrow it.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon, that's for sure.

Don't be so sure about that, the Piscean AGE is almost over, and when it ends so does all this crap about Christianity. Their is no such thing as a Christian,
There is not one person following his teahings, STOP LYING to yourselves!!!! Samething happend in the Moses(AGE of Aries) story when the AGE of Aries was on its way out, and Jesus (AGE of Pisce), the great fisherman came on the scene what did the Jews say, No we don't believe in Jesus thats all crap! Same thing happening all over again. They say if you don't learn from history it will repeat it self. We are truely the most ignorant, illinformed, unread, nonthinking, dimwitted group of people the world has ever produced.
I read this stuff and laugh you guys haven't got the faintness Idea whats going on, its AMAZING!!! We are in big trouble.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Actually, I read your post and laugh.

If you are saying Christianity has not been the most dominating force in the entire world these past 20 centuries then you are a fool.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Actually, I read your post and laugh.

If you are saying Christianity has not been the most dominating force in the entire world these past 20 centuries then you are a fool.

No thats not what I'm saying. I'm sure you know how to read, what I wrote was in plain english. If you don't understand I wont be surprised, from what I'm reading here it doesn't seem like you understand very much of anything, which is precisely my point.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well I'm sorry not all of us have the time to sit at our computers all day talking and researching Occultic bullcrap.

I know what I said is true, you know what I said is true, and I know you know that I know what I said is true.

BTW, what's with all the cheesy satanist stuff?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well I'm sorry not all of us have the time to sit at our computers all day talking and researching Occultic bullcrap.

I know what I said is true, you know what I said is true, and I know you know that I know what I said is true.

BTW, what's with all the cheesy satanist stuff?

LOL.... I love it. Occultic bullcrap stuff, unreal, u don't have the time!!!! Thats like someone with a terminal illness saying they don't have time to seek treatment!!! What happens to someone terminaly ill that doesn't get treatment.......Their is our world, their is our future PERIOD

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

More malarkey from you, eh?

I don't care what you say, I already know the truth and it is in the BIBLE and in Christ's words.

No need to research nonsense.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

"BTW, what's with all the cheesy satanist stuff?"

What satanist stuff? If you are referring to my avatar, it has nothing to do with Satan. Thats just one more story you've been told...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

More malarkey from you, eh?

I don't care what you say, I already know the truth and it is in the BIBLE and in Christ's words.

No need to research nonsense.

Thats not Christ words, thats the Roman Empires words. I know you don't care cause you've been HYPNOTIZED by Mother Sersi or Mother Church!! which is fine sit back watch TV and the world will go up in flames b4 your very eyes!

[edit on 2/22/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Right, I'm through with your jargon. We will find out who's correct soon enough. What a glorious day that is gonna be. I will be looking down on you.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Right, I'm through with your jargon. We will find out who's correct soon enough. What a glorious day that is gonna be. I will be looking down on you.

WOW........... how shallow of a person you are to be looking forward to the day when you are looking down on another, thats says it all about you, your character, and your BELIEFS!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Actually I wont be the only one, the Lamb himself will also.

After telling people the truth, it's up to them to decide what to do with it.

If they don't believe the good news that's their problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Actually I wont be the only one, the Lamb himself will also.

After telling people the truth, it's up to them to decide what to do with it.

If they don't believe the good news that's their problem.

That is your problem all you do is believe, you don't know anything and you most likly never will!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Buddy, as far as I'm concerned, I know the most important thing there is to know and that is all that matters.

What's up with the "sobbing" emoticons?

Luke 23:28-32

28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.

29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.

30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Wow.. do you really believe what you just said to me?

Of course I do... if you are an Atheist on the offense (that is, one who preaches atheism) you are by definition judging others beliefs and mocking their belief in 'God' etc.

How is this statement wrong? Unless you are not an Atheist on the offense, but a passive Atheist.

I have been defending atheism..

Than I suppose you are not an Atheist on the offense!
Now that was simple, wasn't it?

If I were a Christian and I proselytized to people, I would be a Christian on the offense. And if I were a Christian who kept my beliefs to myself or defended Christianity, I would be an altruist or defensive Christian.

Pretty simple...

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join