It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006, According to VDACS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

PETA has no connection to the Government

Did you read this thread at all?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Another good site about PETA.

Source.

PETA is not an animal welfare organization.
PETA spends less than one percent of its multi-million dollar budget actually helping animals. The group euthanized (killed) more than 1,900 animals in 2003 alone -- that's over 85 percent of the animals it received. In fact, from July 1998 through the end of 2003, PETA killed over 10,000 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five animals every day. On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 expense for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. So far, the group hasn't confirmed the obvious -- that it's using the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.

Everyone should read these sources and do more study to understand what PETA really is. I'm sure many of their donors or members have been fooled but the facts speak for themselves. If you have a pet you love; PETA wants it dead

[edit on 1/13/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Um, I am not supporting PETA in any way, but I would like to point out that many animal care facilities use walk in freezers to store FOOD for the animals. They COULD be using it for an animal morgue, but chances are that they do use it for other purposes. I worked for a few years with animals and we kept food (mostly a special mix of horse meat, grains, and vitamins) deep frozen until needed.
Just my two cents.

apc

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
This story doesn't sound quite right to me... I wouldn't be surprised if this story was a plant and was untrue.

PETA relies on PETA supporters to be ignorant of their actions, or else there would be no PETA supporters.

Penn and Teller can expose the fascist fraud that is PETA far better than I can:
www.youtube.com.... Warning: Strong, but very appropriate language.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Peta is a bureaucracy and to make it worse they are political. Couple that with extremist attitudes and you can get unsavory results. I tend to side with PETA on some issues but I hate the way they go about getting results or the way in which they often use extreme marketing to get publicity in the news.

I am totally a hypocrite when it comes to animal testing. I do not want animals to have shampoo put into their eyes so some "scientist" can figure out if it hurts them. But I do not go out of my way to research the products that I buy either. I'm sure that I have used medications in the past that have been a result of animal testing but I often wonder at what point in mankind's development did we decide it was okay to torture other forms of life if it keeps us alive a little longer. It just seems to me that type of mind-set is the root of everything that is wrong with our human societies. Oh well, I'm ranting. This world will never change and I probably won't either. See you all in Hell my friends.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If you can't be assed to check a label for a simple 'no animal testing' logo, at least have the balls to look at what you are sanctioning with your dollars
www.all-creatures.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That don't surprise me at all, this make think about greenpeace activist and all other ecologist, they always come with their " do that for the enivronment, never use this again, etc..." but how does they go in the jungle or other place or attack whales fisher? by using very not ecologic transport as planes and big boat, jeep and stuff.
The sentence " Do what i'm saying not what i'm doing" take all his sense here,
so peta pretend help the animal but they just do the same thing, why "rescue" animal if it's for kill them?

Their message is true, i'm vegan and just can't stand in front of all this bloody experiences and dishes, it just seems stupid to me, why not leave them (animals) alone?

I'm for enter a lab and rescue the animals, rescue them don't just mean take them out from hell it also mean take care of them after.
Numerous of alf activist did it, in france they saved 6 baboons, i've seen the footage, those poor monkey had no more ""head top" ( sorry, i don't find the word in english... ) and the brain was visible, anyway they rescued them with other animals and keep them in a farm under veterinary surveillance, this action show how it should be done!

Total animal liberation is needed, and for those who will say, we need to "shave" the sheep coz otherwise he will have disease, i think there is a difference between shave a sheep for his good being and do it for money and put them in little cage or little field in over population, it's the same for the milk, of course the cow need to be milked but she will produce milk for her calf not for us!

Most part of the time i'm speaking about that with meat eater they agree with me but they ALL finish the discussion by " yes i know, you true, but it's too tasty" so if i kill you to eat your legs or your chops just because it's tasty, how will you take it?

Never do to the others what you don't want they do to you.

I think i start to be off topic so i finish here.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
This story doesn't sound quite right to me. PETA is always being attacked, most of the time very unfairly, with bogus factoids. The govt has been trying to get rid of them for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this story was a plant and was untrue. You can charge anyone with anything these days.

Well, if it's not 97%, it's over 50%. Penn & Teller did an episode of PETA, and was quite revealing. I'm a vegan and I'm 100% against PETA, that just goes to show you how horrible they truly are.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
PETA is to animals what the UN is to the world.

Stick with the ASPCA if you really need to belong to something.

With regards to the whole "splash red paint on fur" idiocy, all you've done is ruin a fur. You know what that fur wearing person will do? Run out and get another fur, usually more fur just to spite you for ruining the one you did keeping the industry alive and well. It's like every time some gun-grabber makes noise about banning this or that. The sales of this or that go through the roof in anticipation of it being banned.

www.petakillsanimals.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join