It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006, According to VDACS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006, According to VDACS

sev.prnewswire.com

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An official report from People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), submitted nine months after a Virginia government agency's deadline, shows that the animal rights group put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 pets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I find this hilarious. It looks like Peta doesn't know how to help animals any better than your standard pound. Not only that, but the one's they take so that they can be safe, end up dead anyway.

Go PETA

sev.prnewswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow, only twelve pets? I'm sorry, that speaks more about people who want pets than the PETA organization. Everyone wants a bright shiny new and genetically unstable puppy mill dog, after all.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is pretty old news, well to me at least. I've always hated PETA and the way they act. They just like to think that they belong to a worthwhile cause, makes em feel good about themselves I guess. The story I heard was that they would accept unwanted pets, whack them with a shovel and dump the bodies in random dumpsters. Classy.

Don't support PETA, support the World Wildlife Fund instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There’s a lot more to this that meets the eye. Most of the disposed of pets get recycled into ‘protein meal’ that feeds many of the animals we eat, along with road kill, etc. Soylant Green anyone?

www.abcpsychic.com...

www.felineinstincts.com...

www.musiccitypugrescue.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
PETA? There's nothing good about PETA, they concentrate most of their efforts on ruining fur products and attacking animal testing facilities and sending death threats to the people that work there.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As a member of PETA UK and a activist, I am HIGHLY sceptical of this news story. I hear a lot of BS stories about us daily, heck, most are e-mailed directly to me to try and discredited PETA.

PETA do NOT send deaths. ALF and Animal Militia do, not PETA.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
PETA is a scam anyways, its usually over privileged young adults who think they are changing the world.

And to think all that tamale meat was just wasted! I say this cause I've had a few tamales in my life in which the meat was truly a mystery! Don't get me wrong they were delicious.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
PETA? There's nothing good about PETA, they concentrate most of their efforts on ruining fur products and attacking animal testing facilities and sending death threats to the people that work there.

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
one very quick google search brings up:

www.consumerfreedom.com...

Authorities in Ahoskie, North Carolina dropped a disturbing bombshell yesterday with the news that they had charged two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty. PETA's Andrew Cook and Adria Hinkle were arrested late Wednesday night after police saw them dump bags containing seven dead puppies and 11 other dead animals in a grocery store's dumpster. Their PETA-owned van, seized by police, contained another 13 animal bodies.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This story doesn't sound quite right to me. PETA is always being attacked, most of the time very unfairly, with bogus factoids. The govt has been trying to get rid of them for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this story was a plant and was untrue. You can charge anyone with anything these days.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
People Eating Tasty Animals.

Many people who join PETA think that the organization is a holy mission, but the truth is that they are about money and influence. It has been well documented that they are also guilty of animal abuse and the whole scam should be shut down for the fraud it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Really

Are you actually apart of the organisation, like myself, or are you yet again posting misleading statements?

If you are really disparate, I can get you guys an official statement in like 5 minutes. These type of lies are always directed at us at PETA.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
This story doesn't sound quite right to me. PETA is always being attacked, most of the time very unfairly, with bogus factoids. The govt has been trying to get rid of them for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this story was a plant and was untrue. You can charge anyone with anything these days.

Unfortunately - for you, anyway - is that the paper trail for all of the court cases is easily obtainable by anyone who wants to pay for the transcript of the trial.

You do have it wrong, however: PETA isn't always being attacked, it's always attacking others. And - in yet another non-surprise - they don't hold themselves to the same level of conduct as they demand of others. Sound familiar?

The government doesn't 'get rid of' organizations, but it will prosecute cases. And, in the case of PETA, I do so very much hope that it puts this company down like the rabid little monkey that it is.

It's true that you can charge anyone with anything, but it's pretty damned hard to prosecute if the evidence isn't there.

I do SO love living in a nation of law.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

I support my local no-kill shelter. I do NOT, and will NEVER support or condone the actions of PETA. Throwing red paint on someone wearing fur or leather is NOT the way to convince another of your point of view. Breaking into a lab and "rescuing" the animals that were being used for medical experiments (and then, more than likely, killing the same) is NOT (in my not-so-humble opinion) the actions of someone who loves animals.

I have always had "companion animals" (see...I'll use the PC term). Actually, I refer to them as my "chi'dren" and, when asked if I have any kids reply "Only the kind with four legs and fur." I have spent well over $20,000 for various vet bills in the last 12 years. I can no more imagine life with out my "chi'dren" than I can without my husband. But I'm still a meat-eating carnivore just like my cats. I wear leather and, while I deplore the use of fur as a clothing accessory, I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch if someone is wearing fur as long as its not from a member of in the felid or canidae families. Even then all I might do is make a remark that "What a lovely coat... Of course it looks so much better on the original occupant."

Individual members of PETA might be trying to do all they can to help and improve the lives of animals, but the organization as a whole is rotten to the core. I understand that the President and co-founder of PETA has declared that they will stop with nothing less than "total animal liberation" which includes no wool. Anyone who knows anything about domesticated sheep know that, if you don't sheer them at least once or twice a year, they can become ill from skin diseases because their fleeces get dirty and matted. Most of the people I've met who are members of PETA don't know the first thing about how to raise domestic farm animals and have never milked a cow in their lives. I have more respect for the people involved in 4H who raise pigs, cattle and whatnot to learn how to care for and raise farm animals. Even if, in the end, those animals are sold at auction and killed for food, at least they learn what the ANIMAL needs to be healthy and well-cared for.

As someone else posted, I prefer to think of the acronym PETA as standing for "People Eating Tasty Animals".

Leigh Smith

[edit on 13-0120081-0808 by tenryuu]

[edit on 13-0120081-0808 by tenryuu]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
PETA eats cats, dogs, etc.?

That's insane, really.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

You have been fooled. One of my old Office Assistants is heavily involved. Their stated, but hidden goal, is the complete eradication of Domesticated Animals from the face of the Earth. They have always destroyed the animals they save. They have never intended to find homes. Before they were outed a few years back they just dumped them in any convenient dumpster. A lot of people like you have been fooled by them.

PETA serves no purpose. There are many fine, respectable groups working for the welfare of animals. PETA also helped to finance Domestic Terrorist Groups in the past and only stopped when they were caught.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

... the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in the state was just 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA killed 97.4 percent of the animals it took in...

I think the above quote is the most important fact in that article. Support the real Humane Groups not this phony bunch. Even better than that; adopt an animal and give them a loving home. Donate to a legitimate shelter.

[edit on 1/13/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

did you have to tell us?i'm sickend and appalled--i felt in my gut it was just another lie of this babylon system of wasted/stolen taxpayers money that our government and its "authorized" departments would look after homeless animals-----and people in need.just 1 lie after another---thats all they feed the simple sheep while they squander the nations resources to enrich themselves and keep our attention riveted on other problems they either cause or stick their noses into pretending that they care?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

PETA do NOT send deaths. ALF and Animal Militia do, not PETA.

You are aware that PETA helped fund and form ALF?

..Between 1994 and 1995, for instance, PeTA gave over $70,000 toward the failed legal defense of ALFer Rodney Coronado, who was sentenced to 57 months in prison for torching a Michigan State University research facility. Other beneficiaries of PeTA's largesse documented by the CCF include David Wilson, a former PeTA intern and ALF spokesman at the time of the 1997 bombing of the Fur Breeders Agricultural Co-op in Utah ($2,000), and the Josh Harper Support Committee ($5,000). Harper's career includes many spells in prison, plus a refusal to appear before an Oregon Grand Jury for questioning on ALF and ELF crimes...

Source.

These things were well covered in the National Media and PETA has been a laughing stock since. Financing activities is the same as actually conducting them. Honest organizations don't need to hide the truth about their activities.

Do you believe in the elimination of Domestic Animals?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join