It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic UFO on tape?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
First off, here is the video link: vids.myspace.com...

I personally think that this is not authentic. However here is what the caption states of the above video "This is several video clips of what appears to be the same type of saucer shaped UFO. It's said to be at least a mile wide and are said to be filmed at different times. Is it the same UFO as seen on Google Earth, or the other UFO video filmed on 8/15/07? Real or not, it's still pretty cool. Check them both out!"

Those are not my words, but rather those of whoever posted the video initially.

Now for the video itself, the surrounding sky, clouds, cars, and nature seem authentic. Lightning can be seen in the background and below the object. Granted some of this lightning looks fake but this could be due to the angle in which it was being video'd from.

Anyway, the object that is focused on in the video is a general saucer type of shape, but its size is quite spectactular and would be seen a great distance away, if its real. At first it resembled an Enterprise shape of vehicle to me. There appears to be a center 'hole'(?) filled with light and may be the cause of the lightning or something(again, if its real) or perhaps it could be an emitter(as was stated in the comments under the above mentioned link). It is more than likely fake.

Lastly in the video altogether there are I believe 3 scenes depicting the same type of craft. One is viewed from inside a car, one is viewed from assumably an outdoor location, and the other I am not quite sure of where it was taken, at the moment.

Again I believe that this is fake but unable to prove so at the moment.

[edit on 1/1/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you "agent violet", FOR SAYING YOU THINK THE VIDEO IS FAKE,...

YES, this is what will be an increasing plethora of "video trickery" that the world of genuinely interested people will have to weed thru to find the truth of the E.T. experience...

These videos are sweet to watch,...but not real...

sorry...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
agree i think it's fake also.

it looks like footage from a tornado with an alien craft spliced in.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A massive 1500 foot UFO would have been seen by thousands, generated lots of phone calls and news reports. I've heard nothing. And how coincidental that they managed to find some 1968 archival footage of the same thing. Yeah, right. He just wanted to trying different image processing to make it look older I guess. And when the UFO flies over, it appears to have a big spherical glowing orb in the middle and a fragmented UFO body around it. That doesn't make sense. One of the biggest problems with those who fake UFO videos is they have no knowledge of what UFOs really look like and no common sense as to their own designs.

Obviously fake, and another example of something that should be filtered out before even making it onto the forum. What's the raio of real to fake videos and photos posted here anyway? Something like 1 out of 100. My pleas for people to stop creating threads for fake photos and videos go unnoticed. There should be just one thread for fake photos and videos so this forum doesn't get overwhelmed with nonsense we have to waste our lives sifting through.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Elhardt]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Clearly fake... but I was really impressed by that, it was entertaining.
Except the end, it looked ugly at the end.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I agree with the idea for a thread dealing with hoaxes, any suspect video's can be analysed in there, we could call it the observation chamber or something cool like that.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree, the '1968' footage was clearly a waste of talent. But it would probably be so, actually, beyond so, breathtaking to witness a ufo in in the air above you of that size. I wonder if a craft of that size would have an effect on the surrounding environment, such as an upward/downward pull/push etc. It would be quite eery(word?sp?) to witness such a thing, let alone stand beneath it and film it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There's a guy using the name 'manbird' that's been posting these on youtube and seems to be the CGI artist behind them.

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Kinda cool, but not realisitic at all. I'm not just saying it looks fake, I'm saying it looks fake too.

Cool however.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah definitely CGI. Don't these idiots have nothing better to do than make fake UFO'S and then start posting them all over the internet? They can't have girlfriends. They must be real geeks.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
However, here's something that IS REAL

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I watched a documentary on the history channel last week which was based entirely on the Phoenix lights. After reading countless posts and stories about this episode I was very disappointed to see this documentary virtually debunk the whole theory. The original footage of the phoenix lights is nothing more than flares disappearing behind the mountains.

The initial sighting caught on camera is not and is very interesting.

I will try and find you the documentary link.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's obviously a fake but it is sooooooooo cool. I wish someone would make a movie with these images. I think I'll have a heart attack on the theater.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

[edit on 1-1-2008 by coastlinekid]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by coastlinekid]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
I watched a documentary on the history channel last week which was based entirely on the Phoenix lights. After reading countless posts and stories about this episode I was very disappointed to see this documentary virtually debunk the whole theory. The original footage of the phoenix lights is nothing more than flares disappearing behind the mountains.

The initial sighting caught on camera is not and is very interesting.

I will try and find you the documentary link.

I saw that documentary and didn't think they dubunked anything. Too many eyewitnesses in Phoenix actually saw the ship itself, and not just the lights.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
tell you what. manbird has the makings of a good moviemaker......
exitement, terror, fear, it was all there....very good!!!
transparent ships made it even more eerie!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
IMO this is definately real!

The guys controlling these UFO's are Reptillians. I have seen 5 or 6 of these during my lifetime and boy they are a sight.

these are the carrier and basically the other saucers you see move out from these big mommas.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Yeah definitely CGI. Don't these idiots have nothing better to do than make fake UFO'S and then start posting them all over the internet? They can't have girlfriends. They must be real geeks.

you don't know the true intention behind making this video is. it could have been for anything, school project, student film.. anything. i'm sure it was leaked on purpose for legit reasons and then leaked even more by people trying to stir things up in the UFO community

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
hay can anybody help am trying 2 post a picture of a ufo...well i think....but i cant i have a video 2 but i want evrybody 2 see the pic first to see wat they think.........

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've seen this one before and I believe the maker of the video said it was for a project.In another video he explains how he made it.
It was originally posted on YouTube with genuine intentions and never listed as "real" by the maker.
It's still a fascinating video nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join