It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing on the wall?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just experienced this for the last couple of days. I dont know what to make of it.

Has anyone ever seen writing? I dont mean any old writing. I mean bizarre writing appearing on a wall and then vanishing. I could write it off as hypnagogic in nature, but it was bizarre. I refused to read the writing, it scared the crap out of me. It appeared to be the typical Roman alphabet we use and black in color. It appeared to be a few paragraphs worth of material. Again I didn't read it. I didn't know what to make of it and decided it was some kind of post sleep hallucination.

The next day it happened again, but this time it was a single line. Again it scared the crap out of me so I refused to read it. I have no idea what to think. Hypnagogic hallucination?

If I remember correctly I think the Babylonian emperor Nebuchadnezzar saw writing too in the Biblical book of Daniel. It was a prophecy. The Bhutto assassination happened when I saw this writing , so who knows.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Personally I dont write off anything experienced in a hypnagogic state as nonsense. Its an altered state of consciousness. I am open to any ideas though.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That sounds like horror film material.

I've never had these type of experiences in my life - writing appearing on the wall in another language. Is it a type of language you have studied, because I'm just thinking that I wouldn't know what (for example) Zulu looks like when written if it appeared on the wall? Therefore, it seems your mind knows what the writing actually is. I.e - what language it is. You say it appeared as Roman in type yes? Are you sure, or as near to 100% as possible?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
please keep a pencil & pad next to your bed. copy what you see and
visit a college..
question. are you or anyone in your immediate family involved in any black arts??

[edit on 30-12-2007 by last time here]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It happens to me in two occasions in my bedroom when I was a teen, it was what it look like three words, it did look like Roman to me but they were of very weird forms.

Both occasions I would wake up suddenly and the wall will be illuminated and the writing will appear.

I manage to try and write down the words but I was young and the person I gave the paper with the writing just told me it didn't mean nothing.

But he was not expert either just older than me, so I lost the paper and while I still have some memories of the writing I can not remember anything as clear as when I got it on paper.

Until this day it has never happen again.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
That sounds like horror film material.

I've never had these type of experiences in my life - writing appearing on the wall in another language. Is it a type of language you have studied, because I'm just thinking that I wouldn't know what (for example) Zulu looks like when written if it appeared on the wall? Therefore, it seems your mind knows what the writing actually is. I.e - what language it is. You say it appeared as Roman in type yes? Are you sure, or as near to 100% as possible?

I am not 100% positive it was Roman, but it looked like it in the brief moment that I saw it. It scared the crap out of me so I didnt get a clear view of it. It wasn't around long enough either. Maybe had it been I would of overcame my fear and looked.

I can say I am pretty sure it wasn't Kanji, Cuneiform, Hierogyphics, Runic, or Ogham.

A Correction: Belshazzar was the Babylonian emperor not Nebuchadnezzar in the Biblical story, Daniel 5:1-31 about writing on a wall.

[edit on 30/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by last time here

I agree about the note pad next to the bed. Even better yet, I would suggest a camera as this is something I gotta see!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I agree about the note pad next to the bed. Even better yet, I would suggest a camera as this is something I gotta see!

Just because your eyes can see it, doesn't mean a mechanical device will. Also this theory can be in reverse also. Hence why orbs can be seen through digital cameras etc and not by the naked eye.

Even if he did snap at the wall with a camera, you might just see a plain old wall.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hello.

Do they look like pencil mark's ?

Also have noticed any small splodges almost like someone has flicked water against the wall but there not water mark's.

I have mark's on my wall and when i first saw them it worried me.

They have scrapes over them and i have noticed when the scrapes change so do some of the letter's and number's.

Some day's there seem's to be very few scrapes and today there seem's to be lot's.

Here is what the word's and numbers go like and there spaced oddly.

SXIA 1 31 Xx la

Bear in mind the one's could be I's and vice versa.

I am a level headed person but this is something bizzare.

I have been told by a few peaple that have looked at it for a while that they see the word satan.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 30-12-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Hello.

Do they look like pencil mark's ?

Also have noticed any small splodges almost like someone has flicked water against the wall but there not water mark's.

I have mark's on my wall and when i first saw them it worried me.

They have scrapes over them and i have noticed when the scrapes change so do some of the letter's and number's.

Some day's there seem's to be very few scrapes and today there seem's to be lot's.

Here is what the word's and numbers go like and there spaced oddly.

SXIA 1 31 Xx la

Bear in mind the one's could be I's and vice versa.

I am a level headed person but this is something bizzare.

I have been told by a few peaple that have looked at it for a while that they see the word satan.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 30-12-2007 by h3akalee]

They didn't look like pencil marks, charcoal, markers, or paint. They were black almost like it was Branded or burnt into it. It also reminded me of relief printing, like woodcutting or engraving.

It was not a permanent affect. It appeared and vanished.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

That's true about it not showing up on a camera, but it's worth a try at least. Maybe even a video camera might capture whatever is putting "the writing on the wall," so to speak.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
try reading it and wrighting it down then come share it with us here even if it dosent seem to make any sense to you id personaly ilke to see what you get .

by the way i love the avatar.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Your post scared me a little bit as it looks like what you saw written was some sort of anagram. I found a few sites where you can type something in and it will give you an anagram. LAX kept coming up in the scramble. Hmmmmmm, could be something will happen at LAX on the 31st? LAX by the way, if you don't know is the airport code for Los Angeles airport.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Those existing in the Spirit Realm will often communicate with us via symbols, numbers and letters. What I mean by this is that the words may actually be a series of letters that stand for words. For instance, if someone wanted to say "I Love You" it may come across as simply a heart, or "I L U". The interpretation of what the message is, requires meditation and the help of your guides - if you have them.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming? Poltergeist?

Suggestion: next time, force yourself to observe it more closely; it won't bite and you don't have to believe its message.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Something like this happend to my sister and her boyfriend. Except, it was a drawing of a gargoyle.

I've never seen it, but my sister and her bf swear it was there. I believe my sis, cause she NEVER lies.

She said that it looked like the tattoo that her bf just got. It was a gargoyle, and the drawing on the wall looked like it, but a baby version of his tattoo.

He said the tattoo couldn't have rubbed on the wall, it was in a akward place, and it wasn't smeared at all.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chutso_ha
Lucid dreaming? Poltergeist?

Suggestion: next time, force yourself to observe it more closely; it won't bite and you don't have to believe its message.

If it happens again I will definitely try to look at it. What scares me is what if it turns out to be something more than hypnogogic in nature.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
well if it more than that us here will look at it and youl have no shortage of people wanting to give you their oppinions of what they think and youl have company in the mystery. its allways better to be one out of many looking in to something like this then to be alone without anyone to talk it over with.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Do not bother trying to take a picture. I have a feeling that if you tryed to read it that the letters in the center of your vision will kind of disolve. That could be why they had to drag Daniel in to read it. Just like in his story of seeing an angel and everyone else fell down or ran away.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just a thought...

Might you have been coming out of a dream where you may have visualized, not sure of the proper terminology, a type of... man-made anomaly?
My example would be like the 'eye art' emails you get from time to time where it shows different patterns and such the resmeble something else entirely.
The one in particular I am thinking of is one of Jesus. You stare at the dots for a certain amount of time and then look at a spot on the wall, the image then transposes itself to the wall where only you could see it, then slowly vanishes after you re-adjust your sight.
I have no other explanation, and not being there or experiencing it, this may not be a possibility.

Your post makes me wonder the same ... would I read it?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
I've never had these type of experiences in my life - writing appearing on the wall in another language.

He didn't say it was another language, he said it was written in roman characters. We use roman characters.

Mikeboyd, I know you've written some very knowledgeable posts on religion in the last few weeks. Maybe something you wrote has caused this 'apparition'?

My guess is that it will make itself clearer in time, maybe that's why the second occurrence was just one line vs a whole paragraph of text. I'm not saying it's anything supernatural, it could be your own subconscious trying to tell you something.

<<   2 >>

join