It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 mpg car for $30,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, so I guess all the new talk about Global Warming somehow made a huge breakthrough in technology.

It's so funny that we know we have the technology, and have had it for quite awhile, and it takes a fad about Global Warming to bring it out. I get it, wait until it's the 'in' thing, and THEN release it to the public.

Kind of PROOF that money rules the world.

Anyway, here's the link:

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm all for being "green".

But, I drive a truck.

What about those that don't
want a "Jetson" type car ?

I've not seen this issue
addressed.

Anyway,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That thing is friggin sweet. I want one right now. I agree that it is a sham - electric vehicles have been around since the 20's and they might not have the range but they but they have been way cheaper to operate for a while now. So why can't we go and buy one??? That's a real conspiracy that no one wants to admit.

One electric car + one windgenerator or solar panel = no more wars in the middle east and no more smog and no more opec slavery.

This is a fact and the technology has been around for a long time and now it's better than ever - So what is the world waiting for???

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

This is a fact and the technology has been around for a long time and now it's better than ever - So what is the world waiting for???

For it to turn a certain % of profit.

[don't dock me points for a one liner please]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The amazing thing is that this car is going to hit markets next year...

yep, just in time for the Global Warming fad to really start warming up...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
fantastic news! i'll trade in my hyundai for this!

sign me up for this sweet deal.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Lex,

Do you need a truck per se? Or would a Ford Escape Hybrid work? Near 30 mpg for an SUV isn't bad. Heard they can run all electric for short bursts if the load is low enough.

If for towing, not a lot of exceptional options.

The best way to be 'green' with autos, is buy the car that fits your most common driving situation. You can always rent a vehicle for the extremes, like a once a month boat tow to a lake.

CleanMPG has people with all kinds of vehicles, hybrids, non-hybrids. One guy gets 99+ mpg trips out of a standard Accord. Someone is getting I think 30s+ out of a Ranger.

How you drive is very important. Hybrids are a tool, and if you utilize it, it gets you much further.

I agree, not all cars have the style.

I agree OP, tech has been suppressed for a while. More ways than one. Auto makers can release things a little at a time. Big oil can get their hands dirty. Watch where money exchanges hands ... when politicians and lobbyists spend too much time together, it is never good for the people.

Shame really.

I personally think we need to stop all petrol use for transportation, and soon. We still need oil for other things like plastics and such, though synthetics are becoming better and better at replacing items that did require the different levels of oil refining.

To me, being green isn't about global warming at all, it is about clean air to breath, saving money by using the energy I consume more efficiently, as well as making the supplies last longer for everyone and 'national security'.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't matter if that car got 3000 miles per gallon because it simply is not a realistic car for the normal American customer.

1. Seats two people and it doesn't look like there is much elbow rooms. If you happen to be a tall or large person this won't work.

2. If you have children this car will not work for your family. There doesn't even look like there is a trunk space large enough to store 1 suitcase.

3. What type of pickup does this car have? It does not look like it is very powerful. What is the time to go from 0 to 60?

4. 3 wheels is a major safety concern. If this car gets a flat tire on the highway or someone hits you this car will flip over. I would also like to see what happens to this vehicle when it crashes or gets crashed into by other vehicles.

5. How does this vehicle drive on rainy or snowy roads? The 3 wheels will effect its weather driving ability. I live in Ohio. We don't get a ton of snow here but I don't see that car working at all on snowy roads.

I think I can name 50 more things I see wrong with that vehicle but why bother. The miles per gallon part is great but that car itself is a joke. It is a novelty item and not even a good one.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
So why can't we go and buy one??? That's a real conspiracy that no one wants to admit.

Actually take a look in my sig. I will cover that Conspiracy for ya.

::EDIT::

Nevermind.. I would say bit torrent it "Who killed the electric car" or google the video for it.. also add "EV-1"
Cause they took the video off of what I had and cant find another.

[edit on 2/8/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah it is definitely cool. There are multiple problems with it being practical in most cases, as already stated. Also the 120 mile range does not do anyone any good for a road trip. The good news I am sure we will see this move over into the small sedan size cars before too long. Its a good start at least.

join