It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANCIENT Hopi : America Destroyed 3 Times Going on 4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The Hopi cosmology is particularly clear on this point, that the ancient world was destroyed not once, but three times, most recently by a flood. The Hopi also believe that the Grand Canyon was the Sipapu, the "place of emergence" from whence the Hopi had emerged after the Great Flood had destroyed the third "world" of mankind that had preceded the current, or "fourth" world.

Here is their account of the antedeluvian world (preflood)

Third World had built vast, glittering cities of light that were highly centralized. This was not in conformity with the plans of Taiowa the Creator, who had intended man from the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World, and had done to a limited extent in the second. In addition, the peoples of the Third World used their sexual powers not for reproduction, but for recreation, making sexual sport with each other to the point where a great prostitute was able to boast about how many men she was able to wrap around her finger. This material girl of the ancient world led mankind down the path of destruction, towards a terrific imbalance that led to a terrible world war.
BTW we are in the FOURTH WORLD.
How we have become destructive and sinful again.

PLACE OF EMERGENCE

Read the whole page, its awesome. www.mysteriousworld.com...

[edit on 22-12-2007 by IvanZana]

---------------------------------------
Replaced quotes with 'ex' tags for external material

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Excellent find, thanks alot. The Hopi prophecy is important. These are a people who still maintain unbroken history from one generation to another, the elders have made their story popular even among tribes all over the U.S., tribal elders up here know about the people from the stars etc., perhaps through coincidence.

It IS believed among many other tribes that the planet is more ancient than we are lead to believe, that there have been multiple civilizations and each is whiped out like the last. This idea of the Third and Fourth world was even paid omage by J.R. Tolkien in the Lord of the Rings which was set in : the Third Age of this World, or the 3rd world. It was believed that in the 3rd world mankind had ties to the higher dimension and could manipulate and pass energy along, (magic) this was also a time of monsters (dinosaurs and all kinds of extinct beings).

It is also the belief of many natives that they did not simply pass into America from Asia, but that they EMERGED from the EARTH. People consider this to be a legend akin to the creation theory, that indians claim to be made from the very soil and dirt of the earth, rising out like flowers. Not so : what they actually mean is that they literally had to emerge from within the Earth. What we do not so often hear is WHY they were in the earth to begin with.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, I'd have a lot more faith in Hopi prophecy if they had been able to foretell white man coming to America and essentially wiping them out. I mean, I think something like that might have warranted a mention someplace. Predicting various "cycles" happening is kid stuff, particularly for anybody who notices things like... oh... the seasons. Ice, water, heat and freeze.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Well, I'd have a lot more faith in Hopi prophecy if they had been able to foretell white man coming to America and essentially wiping them out. I mean, I think something like that might have warranted a mention someplace. Predicting various "cycles" happening is kid stuff, particularly for anybody who notices things like... oh... the seasons. Ice, water, heat and freeze.

There was no need to predict the coming of white people, indians were speaking with european explorers far before the continent was settled. They already knew plenty about the coming invasion and couldn't have really done anything to stop it anyway...

and since when is predicting geologic and historic cycles 'kids' stuff? It requires a constant vigil over thousands of years, that kind of historical upkeep really isn't easy.

I think, like most people, you are badmouthing indigenous people as if they are simpletons and have no real knowledge. This kind of behavior is generally prejudiced and if you stop by the 'Lakota withdraws from treaty' thread you'll see there are plenty of other members on this message board who don't think much of 'indians'

[edit on 22-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They did see the white man comming

"My people await Pahana, the lost White Brother, [from the stars] as do all our brothers in the land. He will not be like the white men we know now, who are cruel and greedy. we were told of their coming long ago. But still we await Pahana.

"He will bring with him the symbols, and the missing piece of that sacred tablet now kept by the elders, given to him when he left, that shall identify him as our True White Brother.

"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying. Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, shall be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people also shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon -- very soon afterward -- Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World

From the HOPI PROPHECIES. www.welcomehome.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Finally, a thread worth reading. That was time well-spent. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

If it all interested i recommend catching up on your indian lore . A compilation of many ancient american history www.ilhawaii.net... -
remember that it is metaphorical and that they passed this knowledge orally.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom.
The Chinese?

There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying.
Chemical weapons, nuclear fallout?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think that part refers to Sumer, or the Sumerians...

second, I think that what White Feather saw was Nuclear weapons testing...

Greetings, and yes, great thread!

--Jim Hero--

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 23-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim.Hero
I think that part refers to Sumer, or the Sumerians...

second, I think that what White Feather saw was Nuclear weapons testing...

Greetings, and yes, great thread!

--Jim Hero--

Yes I believe this is mentioning the Sumerians as well, which should be noted, lived in modern day Iraq. Iraq (as I have said so many times) IS the cradle of civilization and the U.S. war on Iraq is extremely indicative of the end-times. The people who lead us into that war via lies and deceit WERE the anti-christ, and they got into their position by swindling the Christian/conservative public to their side (exactly as the antichrist would).

So not only does the Hopi prophecy foretell the west blowing up Iraq, cradle of civilization, place of first knowledge : but it coincides with the book of revelations and Daniel. Scary stuff. People should have known at a gut-level instinct that marching into the middle east and blowing up civilians was a sign of very bad things to come. I did. Many others as well. Just a gut feeling that 'this is it'.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The world axis, the two poles, and the precessional path in which the poles travel over time. The Hopi believed that the twin guardians of the world who kept the poles from moving, Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya, had actually stepped aside from their duties temporarily at Spider Woman's command, allowing the Earth to roll over twice at the end of the Second Age, causing the entire world to be flooded, and then frozen for many generations, possibly centuries.

It seems like a POLE SHIFT was responsible for the mega super tsunamis that washed over north america

When they were safely underground, Sotuknang commanded the twins, Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya, to leave their posts at the north and south ends of the world's axis, where they were stationed to keep the earth properly rotating. The twins had hardly abandoned their stations when the world, with no one to control it, teetered off balance, spun around crazily, then rolled over twice. Mountains plunged into seas with a great splash, seas and lakes sloshed over the land; and as the world spun through cold and lifeless space it froze into solid ice. This was the end of Tokpa, the Second World

This small gold "airplane" was found in a tomb in Colombia and dismissed as "zoomorphic" — i.e., "animal-shaped". However, even a cursory examination will reveal that this is clearly a depiction of an airplane, complete with delta wings, tail fins, and a rudder, none of which are found in the animal kingdom. Early airplanes were essentially fabric stretched over wooden "shields" (wings). The fact that the Book of the Hopi comes from a tradition dating back thousands of years before the modern invention of the airplane makes it clear that, once again, there is nothing new under the sun.

But some of them made a patuwvota [shield made of hide] and with their creative power made it fly through the air. On this many of the people flew to a big city, attacked it, and returned so fast no one knew where they came from. Soon the people of many cities and countries were making patuwvotas and flying on them to attack one another. So corruption and war came to the Third World as it had to the others
www.mysteriousworld.com...

Makes me wonder if in 2012 years from now, will they tell crazy loony myths about a great civilization of billions of people with wild crazy technology , flying ships, horseless carriages ect ... all destroyed by god again many moons before as they sit around the fire sharpening flint to make arrows and carving out bark canoes, preparing for the morning hunt. again....

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

First off, excellent post. Thank you very much for sharing it with us here at ATS. I will defiantly enjoy reading all the links and 'learning up' on all the information surrounding this.

In response to your last post, I love the idea of rising and falling civilizations. Of course I love JRR Tolkien, but my favorite example of this in the fantasy genera is the Wheel of Time Series, by Robert Jordan.

reply to post by clay2 baraka

I also see 'those who possessed the first light of wisdom' as middle easterners, iraq is as good a guess as i could make.

and sadly i think the 'columns of smoke and fire' are a clear reference to nuclear weapons.

"There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here."

Map of Hopi Lands

Wiki Map Showing Location of the Trinity Site

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World,

So why was the First World destroyed. If it had met all the requirements for living close to the land.

Seems like this "Taiowa the Creator" can't make up there mind.
Damed if you do, damed if you don't.

Can't WIN.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit

the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World,

So why was the First World destroyed. If it had met all the requirements for living close to the land.

Can't WIN.

Just as it was in the world before the Flood according to the biblical account, so it was in the First World of the Hopi that a serpent (and other creatures) came among them and beguiled mankind into following after their own selfish desires. As a result, instead of leading the simple, spiritual, unselfish lifestyle that Taiowa the Creator, Sotuknang and Spider Woman had ordained for them, they became divisive and fractious, dividing up into factions based upon the color of their skin, their languages, and other superficial differences. Even the ones who had remained loyal to Taiowa the Creator had divided up along theological lines, straining at the letter of the Law and forgetting the Spirit. Before the serpent came, it had been all about "we", but afterwards, and ever since, it has been all about "me".

As a result of this degeneration, the whole world was at war, exactly the opposite of what Taiowa the Creator had intended. So, Taiowa decided that it was necessary to destroy the world in order to save it. Fortunately for mankind, there had been some that still sang the song of Creation, and had not lost their spiritual connection with the Creator. For this reason, Taiowa, like the Hebrew Creator God, decided to save a remnant of humanity from the coming destruction.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Can't WIN.

Did you even read the op's link??

However, the paradise of Tokpela was not to last forever. As in the Hebrew account, so in the Hopi account there was a serpent that entered paradise and began to confuse the people with words and turn them away from Taiowa, the Creator:

But gradually there were those who forgot the commands of Sotuknang and the Spider Woman to respect their Creator. More and more they used the vibratory centers of their bodies solely for earthly purposes, forgetting that their primary purpose was to carry out the plan of Creation. There then came along Lavaihoya, the Talker. He came in the form of a bird called Mochni [bird like a mocking bird], and the more he kept talking the more he convinced them of the differences between them: the difference between people and animals, and the differences between the people themselves by reason of the colors of their skins, their speech, and belief in the plan of the Creator. It was then that animals began to draw away from people.... In the same way, people began to divide and draw away from one another — those of different races and languages, then those who remembered the plan of Creation and those who did not. There came among them a handsome one, Kato'ya, in the form of a snake with a big head. He led the people still farther away from one another and their pristine wisdom. They became suspicious of one another and accused one another wrongfully until they became fierce and warlike and began to fight one another. All the time Mochni kept talking and Kato'ya became more beguiling. There was no rest, no peace.

It seems that with every new world, it was changed a bit to help ensure proper living as deemed by the creator, but to no avail...

Clearly not a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" scenerio however..

To the op, GREAT post though!!!

[edit on 23-12-2007 by HomeBrew]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

First of all, the Hopi talking about the past is not prediction. Prediction has to do with foretelling the future. Also, the Hopi aren't the only ones to mention world ages. Almost all old cultures in the old world and new world mention these. According to most North American Indians we're living in the 4th world. Most South American cultures say we're in the 5th world. According to the Greeks, our world goes through cycles of destruction and man has to start over like a child.

And the Hopi did prophesy the coming of the white man. The wording I remember is a bit different from that given in a previous post, but it goes something like "This land will see the coming of a white race of people who will be very intelligent and the inventors of many things, but they will not be true brothers to the Hopi people".

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Did you even read the op's link??

Yes I have read a bit about the Hopi culture (Did some religon classes at University while studying as a Geologist). I remember that there are 9 worlds to their cycle, 3 have already come to pass, we are in the 4th now, Some other tribes say the 5th?. Still 3 to go and then we all get to hang out wth Taiowa, the Creator, and Sotuknang.
As we have about 4 or 5 more cycles to go. Were going to be destroyed anyway (damned if we do damned if we don't) IMO.

The main reason I had a interest in this was more to with there descriptions of Pole shifts and the thing about Turtle Island.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

]

The main reason I had a interest in this was more to with there descriptions of Pole shifts and the thing about Turtle Island.

Interesting. Turtle Island is North America in its flooded state. North America was flooeded in the east up to the beaches of Denver Colorado.

When u view north america flooded it does look like a turtle.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
just curious.

This is mabey what Turtle island looked like. They say there was a shallow ocean exactly where i indicated.

<<   2 >>

join