It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So. What are the 2012 theorists going to say in 2013?...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
they will say

"I told you so"

I don't think so, we will be saying "They should have listened".

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
they will say

"I told you so"

The bees were first, we're next. Get ready.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't think an event will occur completely out of the blue. My feeling is that if there is some kind of deluge or mass-change at the end of 2012, there will be a build up and we will become more and more aware of something on the horizon. So if it is true, everyone will be a believer by the time it happens anyway.

I'm open-minded - just like I was/am about the whole Titor thing. It carries enough crediblity to take seriously, but not quite enough to put full unconditional faith in. I'd like to say I'm not gonna let it affect the way I live but I think it's inevitable that I'll always have that date at the back of my mind.

Then of course, there's the Occult factor that when enough people believe in something, they unknowingly make it real through a form of ritual. It may well become a self-fulfilling prophecy simply through people believing it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over

Seems to me that the answer to this question will have an awful lot to do with whether or not they (and the rest of us) are still around to say anything.

Personally, I'm betting nothing exciting happens that can be directly related to the Mayan Calendar (and I'm giving great odds since if I'm wrong, people will have bigger problems than collecting gambling debts)

That being said, this isn't exactly John Titor.

1. It has a basis- not necessarily a valid one, but at least there is some underlying principle and not just a randomly selected date.

2. It's older than George stinking Burns. Granted there is room to question the motives of those who have kept the question alive, but the originators have no stake in the matter.

I think those make this a more interesting topic, and one to be a little more open-minded about.

Besides, I think people need a looming doomsday. We're not happy without one. It's our lottery ticket- the shot in the dark that we won't live to learn the horrible truth about our pensions and social security funds.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over

Seems to me that the answer to this question will have an awful lot to do with whether or not they (and the rest of us) are still around to say anything.

Personally, I'm betting nothing exciting happens that can be directly related to the Mayan Calendar (and I'm giving great odds since if I'm wrong, people will have bigger problems than collecting gambling debts)

1. It has a basis- not necessarily a valid one, but at least there is some underlying principle and not just a randomly selected date.

2. It's older than George stinking Burns. Granted there is room to question the motives of those who have kept the question alive, but the originators have no stake in the matter.

I think those make this a more interesting topic, and one to be a little more open-minded about.

Besides, I think people need a looming doomsday. We're not happy without one. It's our lottery ticket- the shot in the dark that we won't live to learn the horrible truth about our pensions and social security funds.

No one has even mentioned Yellowstone yet. Could Cody, Wyoming be "the city on the edge of forever"? Excuse me star trek fans.

What is the third secret of Fatima. Could it be, might it just possibly be "todos muerte". I guess you'll have to ask Art Bell.

Perhaps the aliens circling overhead are just vultures.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over .....

They won't say anything. They'll be too busy writing books and setting up websites about how the world is going to end in 2029 .......

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

I am happy to show that even nutjobs like me dont buy the 2012 mass-hysteria.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Yeah john mentions russia launching a nuclear strike against the states in 2035.. i don't think he ever mentions the 2012 things.

so there you go folks it never happened or i am sure Mr titor woulda told us

/sarcasm off

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I am happy to show that even nutjobs like me dont buy the 2012 mass-hysteria.

Try to remember, for more than a moment or two, what you have written today. Yes?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pc is here

I´ll remember it until 2012.

EDIT: Doesnt the Jewish Calender end 2038?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I dont get why people act like cataclysmic events are some fictional fairytales from the past.
That's just disregarding of all the cataclysmic events in the billions of years old history of earth. Now the last few 1000 years been pretty stable, but man has lived through poleshifts and ice ages, the dinosaurs were wiped out, and so was the civilisation in Atlantis.
But it couldn't happen to us, not in our lifetime, right?
"Why has every generation or society it's own doomsday scenario?", some ask. Well, maybe because it is something that is inprinted in our primal instincts. Mankind has experienced global changes before, and will again. If not in 2012, than at a later point.
Just because nothing happened the last 2000 years, inspite of numorous prophecies saying something would, does not mean it could not happen tommorrow.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by enigmania]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

i hope 2012 is going to be the turn around time for a better world to come.right now i'm tired ,old ,have aches and pains that stick with me and i couldn't care less if today is the day i drop dead-this would save me having to be concerned about my present and future problems i see looming on the horizon.almost everyday when i go out of the house to shop or whatever i bump into unpleasant individuals,beats me why they would think its "my fault"? why they have problems,just wake me up when people are nicer to be around please.if 2012 doesnt turn out to be what i hope for then i'll just have to keep on suffering it out till the end does get here.i am not "saved" yet .matthew 10:22 he that endures to the end shall be saved.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Yahn, just know there are people who feel and see the same as you, and keep your head up. It is gonna get worse before it's going to get better. But it is going to get better.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

doesnt the jewish calendar end 2038?.right now on the desk in front of me i have the comprehensive hebrew calendar book written by arthur spier-------this is used by the rabbis and some churches that follow rabbinic teachings of their belief of when the Holy days of leviticus 23 fall.the last year in this version is 2100 ce.if the aaronic/levitical priesthood was still being followed by the majority of jews they would be keeping G-Ds Holydays a day later most of the time as the levitical priest hood did not keep the rabbis postponements.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well if reality is subject to consciousness, or in other words everything begins with thought.

Surely as time gets closer to 2012 and all the MSM will start running stories on it im sure discovery will have a "2012 Week" and then all the pastors in the huge mega churches start preaching bout how the pagan heathens think the world is gonna end in light and love and not fire and brimstone....

its a stretch but could something kinda like Art's mass consciousness experiments take effect?

never before in our accepted history has there been such a global reach of information and maybe thats just what makes it different from than the early 1900's world ending dates or the misunderstood dyslexic rambling of bob and his xday (which was 8991 not 1998 wooops
)

I have been fascinated with the topic for a long time and really have IMHO covered almost every theory and read just about every book out there on it.

and I have no clue whats going to happen if anything.

I just hope somehow someway the credit reporting companies are turned to spiritual dust and blown away into the sea!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by pc is here

I´ll remember it until 2012.

EDIT: Doesnt the Jewish Calender end 2038?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

Fair enough. ---------------------PC

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over .....

They won't say anything. They'll be too busy writing books and setting up websites about how the world is going to end in 2029 .......

thank you for you priceless contribution

on the other hand , the biggest shift i see in the next few years (say 2012 if you wish) is the standard of living for a billion or so people in the world will be lowered and they will have varying amounts of challenges (greater to which they are accostomed) meeting basic needs as well as living the lives they have gotten used to

and if this doesn't happen in the next 4 or so years, I will breathe a gigantic sigh of relief. look it is human nature to cast aside unpleasent views of the future. it is human nature to rationalize things to fit your belief systems gathering up what ever pattern of evidence support your view point a la y2k was wrong, joe 6 pack's weekly doom scenario is wrong, so in conclusion nothing tragic can be forseen in the future, because in the last 10 years of humanity there have been various times predicitons have failed.

not saying 2012 will be a leap in consciousness where people become wisked away to the "fourth dimension" (not saying it is impossible) but very very very unlikely IMO, i am saying by 2012 i think on a word wide scale "leading economy's will fall and be severely re-arangled" and a lower standard of living will result.

for those who think further outside the box i would go out on a narrow limb... and not just becuase this is (where the closeminded skeptics minds aren't allowed to wander) as opposed to healthy skeptics that often are open to the possibilitys of many options (even those they may yet to have the knowledge to comprehend) and realize they "know" alot less then they once thought, and uncertainty is abound, yet they can (have learned) to *handle/embrace* it while retaining "normalcy" and not going off the deep end (some do) ......but because of the high level of uncertainty ......and say perhaps in a few years by 2012 that micro chips will have replaced cash, and that an all credit society is in place complete with various electro magnetic and ELF waves pounding our senses that the ability to live a service to others lifestyle and then (when we pass on/ "die") possibly reincarnate to a "higher" form ( due to higher frequency vibrations being emitted which are now distorted) and that this ability to reincarnate and potentialy enter a better reality may be on vacation for awhile .

again this is a shot in the "dark" but not afraid to "throw it out there". not saying this is a plan to stop those from reincarnating or what not, ( because surely the unhealthy skeptic would be first to assume this, and last to change his mind) but perhaps a side effect of the changing technology being used on earth.

or perhaps the new age movement and it's 2012 idea (wether the doom and gloom part branched off of /deflected truth or was created/manufactured in an attempt to lower the expectation of future generation which will deal with low standards of living and a re arrangement of economic power and more authoritarian rule, because those expecting a cataclysmic end out of this would have prepared themselves so that the idea of a chipped populaton that is still functioning even without the benefits they have grown accostomed to , is better than the "end of the world". and this the original low expectation would limit ANGER , violence, and potential civil unrest.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
'they' will question the accuracy of the modern calendar date
in relation to the true starting day of the Maya calendar 'Long Count'.

if that doesn't pan out, then the doomists will latch on to the
Aztec 5th Sun cosmology...

it is thought that the Aztec 4th Sun ended and the Aztec 5th Sun began
somewhere around 1011CE

the Aztec solar cycle and their Sacred cycles only coincide once every
52 Years... so we are left with the following math to determine when
a 5th Sun cycle has a chance of world/civilization destruction...

there has been 19 each complete 52 year long Solar-&-Sacred cycles
from 1011CE until 1999
that leaves the modern world at the 8th year of the 20th sacred cycle,
which lasts 52 years

so if the Aztec Gods aren't appeased with blood sacrifice at the time
when the Plaides reach its 52 year (Sacred & Solar) zenith...

then the era of the "5th Sun" could end
and the world will be destroyed by 'movement'
(which could mean earthquakes, tsunamis, lava volcanos, etc etc)
somewhere after 2051

use your search engine; "Aztec 5th Sun"
for any follow up material

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Theres been a lot of 2012 rubbish on here as of late, and it's a strog theme in general.

I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over and there hasn;t been a world wide spiritual change, when there isn;t an NWO, when there isn't disclosure, when aliens haven't landed and personally introduced themselves, when we have not learnt of the existence of an earth on the opposite side of the sun, when Planet X/Niburu hasn;t turned up, when all hell hasn't infact broken loose?

Are they all going to say that things have been postponed, or that not everyone will experience the turblent upheaval in the same way?

As a man that believes in God, I can also imagine a world where that isn't true and proved wrong and I have to get on with my life. So, 2012 conspiracists, if in 5 years it turns out you were completely wrong or you've been exposed as complete frauds, whats will you say/do?

Enquiring, and in my case, well oiled minds, want to know...

I like it. I'm waiting for this date too. Wanna see if something really happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, I am open to debate and all, but from the data that I have been compiling, with some research in astrology as well, the end of an age is 2150 years. The reason Jesus came was to usher in a new age, the age of Pisces (fish.) I don't personally believe that Jesus was THE Messiah and all that, but his existence did have several paramount effects on history. In the gospels, when Jesus was telling preparing his disciples for the Crucifixion, he said, (in my words) Go into the city, and you will find a man bearing water......that refers to the age of Aquarius; hence the Zodiac animal for Aquarius is the water beaver, which represents the water bearer Jesus was speaking of. Do a google video search, keyword Zeitgeist, and that validates my information. Jesus also said that I will be with you to the end of the world, which literally translated was "aeon" or age. I am not too sure what that is supposed to signify, but I know it has alot to do with the "end" times that everyone is so hyped about. I am also aware of the ancient Indians who predicted the fall of man in 2012, but the only prolem with that, which is another problem with my theories, is that our calendar is off by several years, some estimate so much as 150. I would like to know if anyone else can give me feedback about this subject. Another problem with alot of these predictions is that the Vatican releases so much bulls*** like that silly code that was on the History Channel the other day. I don't want to be bias or one-sided, but I am also aware that the truth hurts, and sometimes what we want to hear isn't always the truth. I can get more information to validate my research if anyone would like me too.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ullnevernoe]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join