It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Archaic ToolKit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Personal finds from a single multi-culture river site in Orange County, New York, not found in a "pile" except for the the 4 cache blades. For scale: blade on left is 4 1/2" long and 2 1/2" wide. These are called "cache" blades or pre-forms, showing material in different stages of completion, ending with a Mansion Inn(3700-2700bp) looking blade, a Kirk corner notch(9000-6000bp), and a SnookKill? (4000-2000bp). The stones are abrading and percussion tools to work the chert, material is Onondaga and Coxsackie. This tool-kit could make knives, projectile points and hide working tools.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
More personal finds from Orange, Co. NY...A Full Grooved Axe, small beveled Adz for woodworking, and a Wedge for splitting willow/reeds for weaving...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hey nice Oneshot1.
I'll be heading away for a couple of weeks fossicking myself shortly and will hopefully have some cool pics to share when i return.
I'll be just north of Alice Springs in Central Australia, my family has lived in this area for over 60 years and i know of a few well hidden examples of Aboriginal rock art and some tool making sites, just need to get myself a new digital camera. (hint, xmas anyone).

If its ok with you i'll post them in this thread when i get back.

Cheers mojo.

Flagged and Starred.

[edit on 15/12/07 by mojo4sale]

join