It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Location of Atlantis!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok so I was just messing around on Good ol Google Maps, and I decided to punch in random co-ordinates.

I remeber reading that apparently Atlantis was around the pillars of Hercules, And if you look for that you find it's two pillars on either sides of the strait of gebralter.

Now, factoring in that Atlantis is said to be between 8,000 - 12,000 years ago, we will just say 10,000 years for argument sake. And adding techtonic movement and rates of Erosion, Technically Atlantis should be somewhere within the 1,600 km range from mainland.

Okay so now that that is summed up, we can assume that Atlantis is in the Atlantic ocean(Duhh!) and that the continents are constantly moving away from eachother. Therefore Atlantis has to be somewhere close to the middle-ish...(but not quite)

So what this all comes down to is that I googled the co-ordinates (33.333333,-33.333333) just for fun, And voila! The Approximate location of where Atlantis should be.

Bibliography - (All Links lead to Wikipedia)

Pillars of Hercules - Link
Erosion - Link
Plate Techtonics - Link
Coordinate System - Link

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I want to make sure this thread is not to be ushered under the rug.

Please take a look at the coordinates!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

ok, i had a look and they are very close to the Azores,
they are very volcanic islands, and an undesea map of the area show several peaks under the water around the co-ords you gave.

how did you come up with the fig 33.333333,-33.333333 ???

thanks

snoppyuk

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
everyone is looknig but noone is replying, I guess no one really cares about what might be one of the greatest fluke discoveries since Coca-Cola.

Please just goto google maps, or Windows local live, google earth what ever it is you use and type in Coordinates 33.333333,-33.333333 then Zoom out to about 1000km above earth and look at the destination, the lineage from it to the pillars of hercules, and then what I had mentioned about Erosion, and plate techtonics.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi Snoop, thanks for the Reply, I was honestly Just messing around, I was looking at the distance between North America and Europe, then at the distance from the white house to the Parliment building in Bhagdad.

Then for absolutly no reason, the number 3 popped into my head. So I thought I wonder what is at the location 33.333333,-33.333333 and sure enough once I saw the point on the map Instantly my brain was turning lights on!

This could be where Atlantis lies, so I started to do some research on Erosion and plate techtonics and found that there is a very high possibility that because of the time frame that has passed this could be where the reminense lie awaiting to be discovered!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I hate to be the one telling you this, but Atlantis being in the Atlantic isnt exactly a... shocking... idea. In fact its fairly common. Like the 1000 different books on the subject type of common.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

it is strange how close to the azores your co-ords are, you know a lot of people believe that the Azores were much bigger and part of Atlantis,
see here:
www.andrewcollins.com...

www.goldenageproject.org.uk...
lots of data

www.ewpnet.com...
bottom of page

hope this adds to your research

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hello Merka, I appreciate the response, However I hate to rain on your parade. They whole point wasn't anything to do with Atlantis being in the Atlantic, It was more about the Exact, down to a ten thousandth of a km location of the submerged city....

The fact is that nomatter how many book get printed about the idea of where it should be, I may or may not of mistakenly discovered the site on accident. Now what I propose is that a university such as California University of Technology goto that coordinate and attempt a dive insearch of the lost continent.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi again Snoopyuk, Thanks alot for the information,. I just finished the first link and am working on the other two. Acctually yes this does very much so help my research, alot and is very much appreciated.

The more I think about it the more it seems plausable, I mean theoretically speaking the Atlanteans were a very advanced race. They understood things far beyond what we have now, but has been lost in time.

So thinking about the coordinates, Why not? that is at a focal point on the Earth's crust, it is a very close distance in respect to what I have previously mentioned, (Erosion,Plate Techtonics,Pillars of Hercules) and keeping in mind what Plato had recorded.

This might be it!!! I hope so, because that would be an Amazing discovery!
Quite possibly one of the most important discoveries of the 21st Century!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yeah, I did 33.33333 -33.33333....and came up with the location where atlantis is said to have been.

anyway, I still believe in intuitive google-earth-looking and I also believe in the significance of 33.333333333333333333333333333333.

(dont expect anyone to have the faintest idea of what you are talking about though).

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thankyou very much for taking the time Skyfloating. I also beleive that 33.33333333333333con't has some significant value. Rather even just the number 3. So I am willing to bet that something of significant value will be found at the coordinates!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
this is a funny post

you accidentally discovered it haha

there was a video awhile back (ouroborous being the keyword) regarding cydonia and are 51 crash and linking thos coordinates and also 33 degree marking for atlantis

it will never be discovered IMO

33 is said to be a magic number possibly linked with greys and or UFO phenominah in general including annunaki and there landing in mt hermon and all that (biblical) beings from heaven producing offspring with human women

nothing new here

[edit on 7-12-2007 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Azores has been speculated on as being the site of Atlantis by lots of people. If Atlantis did exist then the Azores is my favored location.
Heres a thread by optimus fett speculating on the position of Atlantis being around the Azores.
Heres part of my post from that same thread.

Some interesting material here, including maps

So far this century there has been a confirmed report of a one mile rise in the floor of the ocean 576 miles north of Azores when a trans-atlantic cable broke. Dr David F. Zhirov in 1970 reported sand beaches and coral at a depths of 2 miles south of the Azores. Confirmed evidence exists that sections of the Mid-Atlantic ridge have been above sea level in the past and fresh water diatoms have been found 2 miles down in the Azores area dated 10,000 to 12,000 BC.
Volcanic material described as un-dissolved tachylite was found on Telegraph Bank 500 miles north of Azores, indicating that it had been laid down above sea level at some time between 50,000 BC and 10,000 BC. Sediment core analysis at locations off the coast of Africa have proved a 2 mile sinkage of volcanic island structures similar to those of the Azores.

Interesting article on the history of the Azores

Corvo along with Flores are the two westernmost islands of the archipelago, and hence, the last inch of European soil. It was here in the early 1500's, that Damiao de Goes, under the employment of King Dom Manoel of Portugal, wrote of a statue of a man on horseback pointing to the west which was clinging to a rocky ledge. The king asked for a drawing of it, and after seeing the drawing, he sent someone to bring it back. As the story goes, it was shattered in a storm en route, but the king received the parts. There too was an inscription in the rock below the statue, and an impression was taken of it. But neither the shattered parts of the statue, nor the impression of the inscription were ever found.33 Was it a hoax? Scholars are still unsure.Some have speculated that the statue was really just one of many rock formations seen on the island and nothing more.34 Others feel it did exist and could have been evidence of the lost continent of Atlantis, or of another settlement of ancient peoples. Coins too were found on Corvo, and their images were published in a journal of the Society of Gothenberg. They were considered to be of Carthagenian or Cyrenean origin by the society.35 A twentieth century Portuguese scholar, made a serious effort to locate the coins. He went to the convent to which they were first supposedly taken. He also visited museums where he thought information could be found. But his investigation turned up nothing.36

Atlantis was supposedly destroyed by Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes and Tidal waves which, coincidentally, continue to make life on the Azores difficult.
From the same article as above.

The Azores is a lively place to be. There is a continuous chain of earthquakes and volcanic activity that has had a great effect on its inhabitants. Many of them have left the islands in horror after witnessing one of these catacylysmic events. But disasters are bound to happen when a volcanic environment is home for thousands of human beings.89

There have been 21 major volcanic eruptions in the past 550 years collectively occurring on the islands of Sao Miguel, Terceira, Pico, Sao Jorge, and Faial

There have been 18 major temblors on the islands in recorded history.99 One such quake took place in 1522 when the entire village of Villa Franca, on Sao Miguel island, having 5,000 residents, and being the center of government, was engulfed within sixty seconds by land mass thrown from a hill behind the village. It caused a tidal wave and other destruction in the adjascent islands. It took a year to dig the village out and to give Christian burials to its 5,000 victims.

There is quite a lot more circumstantial information that points to either the Canary Islands or the Azores being the location of Atlantis if it in fact existed.
The area around the Azores makes more sense than any of the other theory's ive read.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Alright now we are rocking, First I would Like to say thank you to Murder City Devil; I didn't even think of the signifigance of 33, such as a 33rd degree Mason, or the Roswell Crash happening at 33 degrees. All I thought was "Hmm... I wonder whats at 33.333333,-33.333333 so I checked it out, sure enough all kinds of bells and whistles in my brain started to go off saying "This may be it!!!!!" So I decided to share with you all what I had found!

Next, Thank you Mojo for your intrest in this topic, up untill my response to Snoopyuk I didn't even know what or where the Azores were. Now that we have put our heads together we are starting to get the ball rolling!
I am going copy some of what has been said and email a University with what I have come up with in hopes they may make a decision to peer further into the matter. What you had mentioned about the Volcanic activity, perhaps the same fate is what has become of the Atlanteans.

However what I have read so far on the subject from both Edgar Cayce and Sylvia Brown is that there was an Explosion of the main crystal temple which in essence cause a sub chain reaction of other crystals on the island to erupt with such a great magnitude that the outward shockwave emulated that of a Earth Quake, causing the tidal wave and volcanic erruption.

I am eager to see what anyone else has to say on the subject!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok so Im gonna leave this with you guys over night, and I will see what we have come up with,(or havn't) and hopefully in the future when someone somewhere(probably me) decides to adventure to
33.333333,-33.333333 and discovers Atlantis, just remember it was the fluke of a lifetime!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I will consider your theory on the number if 66.6, -6.66 land at the Bush ranch or something.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Have a good weekend all, I will keep updated on if anything happens in this thread!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think Antarctiaca is Atlantis, and froze over during a pole-shift. Someone posted a thread on "pole-shifting" recently, you might want to check it out.
Click here.

p.s. 333 = half-evil

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
umm LOL I read only a few posts so if that was already noted then sorry but I just had to post that
after typing the co-ords and going to 500km view distance to check out what is nearby I saw the Azores (yes ys I know they are mentioned in this thread but thats not it ) , so right south of the marker for azores (between the island )is another marker and rofl it says "Atlantis" on it
)

I am using google earth so I dont know if its on google maps also but whoever programed google earth had the same idea as you had on the location of atlantis
)

Great find

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
honestly, there have been so many falls and restarts of civilisation,
and there are so many recently discovered ancient sites, the actual
location of atlantis proper may never be known.....japan, bimini,
between america and africa, etc.??? who knows??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join