It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I dream that I am flying ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
All my life I have had vivid dreams but one thing that I have always been doing in my dreams is fly. Not flying an airplane but flying just like Superman. In my dreams I can control the flying precisely and it's like second nature to me to the point that I can hover, dive and climb to unbeliveable heights. In every single dream I have I fly...every one. In my dreams I use this ability to have fun, but also to help others in trouble. It now has blossomed to a point that I never dream without flying.

Why ?

Of course no human can fly so why do I dream I can and so perfectly ?

any thoughts on this ? It really makes me wonder why I dream like this.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have the same dream although not frequent, maybe once a month. It's more of low-level flying like maybe 100ft or so. In this dreams I even show and teach friends how to do it.

My interpretation and I wish it's not right; that our status in life is about to go down associated with more family problems and disconnection from society. Our dreams are showing that there are still hopes to alleviate that impending regression and by flying we want to assert ourselves that we can overcome these struggles and be winners. I hope this help.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have flown in my dreams high above like a plane or higher and been to many interesting places! In one night, i went to China, Russia, Australia, California, Cuba, and back! I circled the globe! And it was so pleasant!
Also, did you find yourself speaking other languages in your dream, because i did!

I dont know whats the matter with me lately. I'm having a series of strange things happen to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff
I have the same dream although not frequent, maybe once a month. It's more of low-level flying like maybe 100ft or so. In this dreams I even show and teach friends how to do it.

My interpretation and I wish it's not right; that our status in life is about to go down associated with more family problems and disconnection from society. Our dreams are showing that there are still hopes to alleviate that impending regression and by flying we want to assert ourselves that we can overcome these struggles and be winners. I hope this help.

As a child i had too the possibility to learn other children how to fly (in my dreams).

As a grown up i still have the possibility to fly in my dreams, but it takes a lot of concentration to get of the ground.

It still is a fantastic feeling. But i'm not going very high nowaday's.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by webstra]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Webstra, per your dream, it sounds like your life condition is stagnant. Meaning, you are not sure what's your next move to make. Try to have a sense of accomplishment every moment and maybe that'll change.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Also, did you find yourself speaking other languages in your dream, because i did!

No I don't speak other languages in my dreams but I am immortal.

If I find myself falling I just start flying and I am good to go. I cannot be killed in my dreams....no gun, knife or weapon of any kind can hurt me and I am fully aware while dreaming to the point that I control my dream 100%. If there is a fire I will it to go out. If a car is ready to crash I will it to stop. While I dream I KNOW I am dreaming and I control all...which is bizzare because if in my dream someone tells me they are scared..I tell them I control the dream and they will be ok....and they always look at me like I am nuts...until I take control then they seem to understand.

I am at a loss as to why I have such control. I only wish it carried into my awake world.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff
Webstra, per your dream, it sounds like your life condition is stagnant. Meaning, you are not sure what's your next move to make. Try to have a sense of accomplishment every moment and maybe that'll change.

Maybe your right....but i think there is also something like seeing less problems as a child.

I Also have more 'altitude apprehension' as an adult...

I wonder how many % of people actually can fly in their dreams..anybody ?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Because in your past life you was a big fat turkey

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
dgtempe, your dream tells me that you are a highly capable person in all aspects that nothing and no one can stop you for whatever your goals are. Likewise, you want to do more than you can. Very ambitious and want results. Intelligent and resourceful. Although very confrontational at times.

I can tell the associated belief in speaking-in-tongue. I think there is that hunger on learning more on spiritual knowledge. Go for it and share those here.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Please be reminded we have Dreams and Predictions Forum on BTS where this type of discussion is most at home and definitely welcomed.

moving thread there, please continue to add your thoughts and opinions there.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have had dreams of falling. I could never fly around but I could float around.

This is from the dream dictionary:

Flying

If you dream you are flying so high that you can actually touch the moon and stars this portends many different types of global disaster that you may soon hear of. If you fly high with black wings you are warned that you are headed for a let down of magnitude. Flying dreams are normally a good omen and if the flight is pleasant, with no worries and anxieties, you can look for happiness and plenty to follow.

www.sleeps.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Please be reminded we have Dreams and Predictions Forum on BTS where this type of discussion is most at home and definitely welcomed.

moving thread there, please continue to add your thoughts and opinions there.

worldwatcher......no offense but everytime you move one of my threads it dies as I am sure this one will.

I posted it in ATS because it stands a better chance of "living" but now that it is in BTS it will die. More go to ATS than BTS IMO.

I feel like I totally wasted my time.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You might be a lucid dreamer and if you are, welcome to the club!

You should check on ATS in the paranormal forum and there is a lot of threads about lucid dreams also check on google their is plenty of info about the subject, but basically includes people that have very real dreams or nightmares and people that can control their dreams, that's basically it.

Like I said go to ATS their is plenty of threads, I would have link some but I'm on blackberry right now.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
some info on flying dreams

members.aol.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have two variants of flying dreams; and they always seem to correspond to the outlook I have concerning my immediate or near future.

In the first and more pleasant (and less frequent) version, I can fly with 100% control, either zooming at great speeds from one continent to another, or gently floating around a particular part of the globe. High in the sky or just over the rooftops. This is one of the most pleasant sensations, and I've only had dreams like this when everything is just peachy in my life, with no problems to speak of, and maybe a big job or paycheck looming in the near future.

The second one is not so bad either, but there is an element about it that varies. In these dreams, I have less control; it seems much easier to climb higher and higher, but the notion of descending even slightly is attached to a slight fear of falling. In these ones, I am usually trying to avoid power lines, which is easily done by going higher. There is a slight feeling of anxiety, knowing that it's harder to descend than to ascend, which is all I'm doing, all the while knowing I'll have that much more trouble getting back down. These dreams happen when things are going well for me but obstacles are increasing in my path. In the case that my real-life troubles are starting to overwhelm me, the power lines in the dream become an impenetrable fence of wires, ridiculously high in the sky, and I wake up.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ah, here I am at the thread that was bitched about for being moved to BTS.
I see 14 replies, more than I get on any thread I start, and it seems to be in the proper forum for the topic.

I have dreams of flying, but usually involving moving across space and time, not just flying through the air here on Earth. I really don't know what it means, but it does give me an incredible sense of freedom after one of these dreams.

Sometimes I wonder if I've been exterior from my body after a dream like this.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't know exactly what this could symbolize, but if you can "feel" yourself flying, that's usually a sign of a lucid dream. I've had a flying dream before. Best dream ever!

new topics

top topics

join