It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Our Moon Photo is not Fake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

China: Our Moon Photo is not Fake

www.foxnews.com

Our moon photo is absolutely not a fake, the Chinese government insists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Anyone reaed this article?

I wasn't aware of a controversy here...
Has anyone compared the photos in question?
What do you all think?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-12-2007 by defuntion]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
1st I've heard about this, but wouldn't you expect 2 pictures of the same place to look the same?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yea, but apparently the photos have the exact same features...
All the craters line up, etc..
Not saying it's true, but one never knows.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't get it?

Who said its fake anyway?

huh???

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You can see the side by side comparison here:

This is the original source of the story I think...
Telegraph.UK

They do look very similar...

They say that the only difference is one small crater that they speculate could have been photoshopped in.

To fix link.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I was going to ask about the shadows in the craters,because from that we could ascertain the time the image was taken,but apparently the shadows are different,hinting that they are indeed two different photos.

" but it's also clear that the sun's rays are hitting the lunar surface at different angles in each image. It would be fairly difficult to rotate every single shadow in the NASA image to match the orientation of the Chinese photo."

from the fox article

www.foxnews.com...

So if the photo is faked,they have done a pretty good job.Why don't they just release a load more photos to prove that their optics are taking daily pictures?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If it's real and there's nothing to hide, then they shouldn't have to run around defending it's authenticity.

Why only one photo?

Peace

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
So if the photo is faked,they have done a pretty good job.Why don't they just release a load more photos to prove that their optics are taking daily pictures?

Good Point!
I'm sure that if their one released photo is a China original then this will be cleared up when they release the rest of their portfolio.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i'm baffled. the moon has no mechanism for erosion other than space debris. of course they're gonna look really similar. it's looked that way for millions of years and will probably look like that for millions more. it's entirely possible that the shadows would even have been nearly identical if they happened to snap the pics a the right time in the cycle.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

That is something I did not take into account an0maly33.
Another good point.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Agreed.

It could be coincidental that they snapped a very similar frame as one of NASA's, and this is probably the crux of the argument.

If you look at the photos they seem to be the same size, angle, and of the same location (nearly).

It's barely a conroversy, but still China should realease more photos.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
.....or

A. The probe never made it to the moon and the whole thing's a sham.

B. The probe made it but malfunctioned and was unable to take pictures.

C. The probe made it and took pictures, but what was in the pictures can't be shown to the public.

I would guess either B or C.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Good speculation Dr Love,
I do like C myself..If only someone could intercept that data on its way back from the satellite...Sigh,every ATSers dream,albiet slightly naughty.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why would they have to photoshop in a crater. A new one could have been formed by an impact.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I want to hear John Lear's thoughts on this.

Have you noticed how every shuttle mission that goes up now finds unforseen problems that need to be fixed? That's what they tell us, but what's really going on up there? I believe they're using excuses to buy more time for something covert. I think John Lear is closer to the truth, on a secret space station at least, than most want to think.

Maybe the Chinese sent that probe up there to look at something else, to see what the U.S. is doing. It's possible the whole moon thing is just a hoax for the public's benefit.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
People are very skeptical these days aren't they? It's not as if we're talking about a taboo subject here we're talking about the moon.

Why would people suspect this picture is a copy or a fake?

There's an additional crater plus the light and shadows are different.

Maybe some people don't like the fact that other countries are now exploring space and doing their own things. Maybe some people are trying to discredit the countries achievements in regards to there space program.

[edit on 4uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Why would people suspect this picture is a copy or a fake?

In all fairness to the Chinese, I should reserve judgement until they release more photos. I found it odd that they only released one and it was strikingly similar to one of NASA's.

That being said, if I'm skeptical of my own country's exploits to and on the moon, by default I have to be skeptical of China's.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I suspect that some may be stating cover up from the start about these new missions as a preemptive strike against no proof arriving for moon bases, flying saucers, etc.

It would be truly amazing to find out the moon is inhabited or was at a one time but there is the possibility that it is just the way the space people state that it is.

[edit on 12/4/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
People are very skeptical these days aren't they? It's not as if we're talking about a taboo subject here we're talking about the moon.

Paul,
I agree. People can be very skeptical, but China in this case seems to have made themselves a target for skeptics.
Of all the pictures they might have posted why post one so similar to a NASA photo?

That being said..
The pictures are different, so either an extensive photoshop session or it's a China original.
I think it is probably a China original, and when they drop some more pictures on us they will prove their legitimacy once and for all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join