It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Reply to Grenade

If sex with a 9 year old isnt immoral then please state one thing that is? Eating bacon?

I think drinking alcohol is immoral. You get drunk than after you don’t know what you are doing. Than you end up getting sexually harassed, or you sexually harass someone. You might end up killing someone or kill yourself either crossing the road drunk or driving drunk into someone else. Or you might just decide to murder someone in drunken state, it could be either someone you don’t like or some random person on street. I have even heard stories in UK that borthers and sisters end up having sex with each other after getting drunk or mother or son end up having sex due to being in drunk state!
Very bad stuff eh?

If you had the choice to either have sex with a 9 year old Muslim girl providing her parents consent, because in reality a 9 year old cant consent to that on her own? Or you have to drink alcohol?

Out of those 2 choices what would you pick?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I must comment on the composure and dignity displayed by the British teacher though this whole ordeal. She is obviously a woman worhty of honor and respect. Even after the assults on her character and calls for her head, she still refrains from speaking harshly against her Muslim antagonists.

"I have encountered nothing but kindness and generosity from the Sudanese people," she said, "I have great respect for the Islamic religion and would not knowingly offend anyone and I am sorry if I have caused any distress."

/2h23bz

She is a better person than me.

She endured imprisonment and insults with patience and honor. It is my hope that the Muslims learn from her example and imitate her whenever they feel a percieved insult against their prophet or religion. The world would be a better place.

EDIT: In fact, we should all imitate her example.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

That's typical.

When in doubt, blame the Jews. That's a PERFECT example of the brainwashing muslims go through.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reply to 27jd

When in doubt, blame the Jews. That's a PERFECT example of the brainwashing muslims go through.

So what kind of Muslim is not brainwashed? I live in UK,I work and I have money, I nearly finished my education and I am looking forward to get my biochem degree in couple years. So If you think if I am brainwashed than I guess 99% of the Muslims are brainwashed aswel!Because most Muslims I know living in or out of UK have exactly same ideas as me matey!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
That's a PERFECT example of the brainwashing muslims go through.

No more than the brain-washing some quarters get that anything critical of Jews and/or Israel equals to anti-Semitism.

Just an example.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Do you ever stay on point or answer questions directed toward you? Either you have a really short attention span or only read what you want to read.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Reply to Grenade

I have to reply to many people not only one. So I need time read, think and reply.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Because most Muslims I know living in or out of UK have exactly same ideas as me matey!

I know, and that's the problem. Maybe we're making progress now. Your clerics and the leaders of muslim countries brainwash you to look everywhere for blame but within, just like the leaders of our countries, except we question the hell out of them and know they are full of crap. The danger with what's going on with you guys, is that you DON'T question it at all, and many are all ready and willing to be pawns when called on to commit suicide, or whatever if your cleric asks you to do no questions asked. You are listening to MEN that say they know what Allah wants, they are wrong my friend, and when judgement day DOES come, Allah will ask you why you listened to greedy men over YOUR heart, where Allah truly speaks to you and tells you his will. You admitted you felt that ANY good person should go to heaven. THAT'S Allah's will my friend, Muhammed used his name to gain power and influence and to cause violence and death, and that's the worst insult to Allah than anything else. You'll see come judgement day, Allah speaks through your heart...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
No more than the brain-washing some quarters get that anything critical of Jews and/or Israel equals to anti-Semitism.

Just an example.

Well that's not me. Be critical of Israel all you like, I'm no fan of theirs either.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Point proven. You dont actually reply to anyones questions directly. Just change the focus onto some other subject or make excuses for the failings of Islam. Lets not tarnish the thread by getting into arguments. I just ask that you actually read questions directed at you rather than just changing the topic.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Reply to Grenade

Point proven. You dont actually reply to anyones questions directly. Just change the focus onto some other subject or make excuses for the failings of Islam. Lets not tarnish the thread by getting into arguments. I just ask that you actually read questions directed at you rather than just changing the topic.

Ok next time when you ask me a question,first i will put up what your question is than i will answer it.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

As I told you, I don't want to get in a tit for tat, because I don't have the time or energy to run on that never-ending treadmill. Some people just prefer to be righteous and point fingers rather than understand a given situation that is outside their boundaries of perception.

Violence of any kind is negative. And if you do your history, I am sure you will find that any group of people on too tight a leash - whether through poverty or subversive social or political structures - is prone to rage as a group consciousness.

I am not defending what happened in Sudan. It was a form of violence and showed lack of compassion (if the facts, indeed, were not exagerated). However, I understand it. And all I am saying is that an open dialogue would be better than outright hate and name calling, which solve nothing.

I don't understand why you are even at ATS, since most of the threads are about the LACK of free speech and thinking in America. So much for your superiority complex ;-)

Cheers,

Chutso

ps I read some of your other comments about calling Islam "la-la land", etc. What do you really know about Islam? Have you read the Coran? Or, as I suspect, are you just regurgitating what some one else told you to think?

[edit on 4/12/07 by chutso_ha]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

Im on ATS to deny ignorance as we all are. Im also not American so your point doesnt really have much relevance.

And apparantly i understand more about the Qur'an than you! Coran, is that another barbarian? Throughout this thread all i have done is voice my opinion, never once have i made statements!

Please provide my quotes with so called "name and hate calling".

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Grenade]

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Grenade]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Reply to 27jd

The danger with what's going on with you guys, is that you DON'T question it at all, and many are all ready and willing to be pawns when called on to commit suicide, or whatever if your cleric asks you to do no questions asked.

What kind of question do you think I should ask my local imam, mufti or Islamic scholar? They give evidence and quotes from Quran and the Hadith when I ask them a question they answer with evidence from The Quran and the Hadith and they are the biggest evidence to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What kind of question do you think I should ask my local imam, mufti or Islamic scholar? They give evidence and quotes from Quran and the Hadith when I ask them a question they answer with evidence from The Quran and the Hadith and they are the biggest evidence to me.

Kangjia, the Quran and Hadith were written by MEN, a LONG time ago to exert power and influence in Allah's name, just like the Bible, the Torah, etc. They are all books written by men who said god spoke to them, you are STILL listening to MEN over your heart, where Allah lives. Don't bother asking them any questions, because they WILL mislead you, and tell you these books are all the evidence you need and further questioning is blasphemy. I could just as easily tell you god spoke to me, and write a book of crazy rules he told me he wants you to follow, why wouldn't you believe me? Because you would know I was lying. Just as they were. That's the problem my friend, you are asking me questions you should ask somebody else, I tell you to ask your heart, so Allah can answer you directly...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

You see, Sparky? Compassion and understanding go a long way.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Kangjai i hope you can possibly clear something up for me. I realise one of the fundamental laws of Islam is that suicide is a sin. How is it that a so called "suicide bomber" is not commiting not only the sin of murder but also suicide in the process. I mean strapping a bomb to myself and pressing the trigger surely is classed as suicide? How does the Qur'an justify this action?

Also, i have found an online english translation of the Qur'an which i plan to read to gain a better understanding of your point of view. Hopefully then i cant be labelled ignorant by the hypocrite's on this site.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Reply to 27jd

Yeh but if Allah made humans than Allah must have send pious people to the world to guide humans. And those pious, god fearing, sinless people were the Prophets. The Prophets than helped guide the human race and tell them about the creator of all and that is Allah.As a Muslim we belive this life is just a test! Follow Allah in this life and enjoy heaven in the hereafter and if you don’t follow Allahin this life than you will suffe hell in the hereafter.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

You said, "why do we have a superiority complex? because in my country there is freedom of speech and thinking". no matter if you are not american - any country who thinks they DO have freedom and speech and thinking, doesn't know the facts.

As I said, I don't want to run on your treadmill. I just think - and this is the last time I will say this - that you could show a little compassion and understanding to others who DO believe in Islam. The fact is, hate mongers are the ultimate cowards and hypocrites, and they exist in every religion and socio-economic strata of the world. Even in so-called"free thinking" countries.

I spelled "Coran" that way on purpose, because I was sure you'd try to harp on it. And I was right. For your information, it can be spelled many ways, because the Arabic language is so different than western languages. Can be spelled with a C or a Q or a K and with differing vowel equivalents. So, what was your point again?

Listen, just save your tired ole fingers the gruesome task of spewing a response to me, i am tired of this game.

Cheers
Chutso

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chutso_ha
reply to post by Grenade

You said, "why do we have a superiority complex? because in my country there is freedom of speech and thinking". no matter if you are not american - any country who thinks they DO have freedom and speech and thinking, doesn't know the facts.

As I said, I don't want to run on your treadmill. I just think - and this is the last time I will say this - that you could show a little compassion and understanding to others who DO believe in Islam. The fact is, hate mongers are the ultimate cowards and hypocrites, and they exist in every religion and socio-economic strata of the world. Even in so-called"free thinking" countries.

I spelled "Coran" that way on purpose, because I was sure you'd try to harp on it. And I was right. For your information, it can be spelled many ways, because the Arabic language is so different than western languages. Can be spelled with a C or a Q or a K and with differing vowel equivalents. So, what was your point again?

Listen, just save your tired ole fingers the gruesome task of spewing a response to me, i am tired of this game.

Cheers
Chutso

Obviously ive touched a nerve. You say you have no interest in having a tit for tat with me yet undermine my opinions. You dont want to cause an argument yet you puposely try to goad me and insinuate that i am ignorant?

So you think the level of Freedom in for example Iran is the equivalent of the freedom of speech offered in the UK?

I dont think i should be sensitive to the feelings of Muslim's. Are they sensitive to anyone other than themselves? No, the world ends with Muhammad and Allah, anyone who disagrees can burn in hell. So my daughter will burn in hell? My family are already burning in hell?

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join