It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of Possible Cancer Cures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's a collection of claimed cancer cures and information about them
:

DCA:

Laetrile/B17:

Google Video Link

Burning salt water (also claimed to be a fuel):

Here's some websites offering information on Pau d'arco (aka Taheebo):
www.pau-d-arco.com...
www.oralchelation.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here's some more.

Hoxsey treatment:

Google Video Link

Essiac:

Flax oil sites:
www.beckwithfamily.com...
www.flaxusa.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'll update this as I go through some titles around the house, I like the written word first, especially the Peterson's Field Guides; I will watch these clips when I can. Here's a couple for starters:

1. Yucca, soapweed -- water extracts have shown anti-tumor activity against B16 melanoma in mice.

2. Garlic -- In experiments w/ mice, garlic extracts had an inhibitory effect on cancer cells. (remember how many genes we share) (another 'garlic' is called 'wild leek' -- less potent)

3. Cleavers -- (whole plant) herb tea used internally and externally as a folk cancer remedy. Warning: juice may cause contact dermatitis, no mention of the tea though)

4. Wood strawberries -- both wild and domestic, are rich in anticancer ellagitannins.

5. Common nightshade -- Externally, leaf juice preparations have been used have been used as a folk remedy for tumors, cancer. Warning: Some variations contain solanine, steroids; deaths have been reported from use. In India, some varieties are eaten as vegetables, but similar varieties may be violently toxic.

6. Twinleaf -- American Indians used for cancerous sores. Warning: rare plant, probably toxic.

7. Mayapple, American mandrake -- Podophyllotoxin, an important lignan from the root, has anti-cancer and anti-malarial activity. Two semisynthetic derivatives, etoposide and teniposide, are used in chemo against severe cancer types. Sales of the two compounds exceed $200 million per year. Etoposide is used in combination with other compounds for testicular cancers and as a primary treatment for small-cell lung cancer. Fruits edible. Yet, the warning: Tiny amounts of roots and leaves are poisonous. Powered root and resin can cause skin and eye problems.

8. Indian hemp -- warning: poisonous, contains toxic cardioactive (heart-affecting) glycosides. Cymarin and apocymarin have shown anti-tumor activity, the latter also raises blood pressure.

9. Pokeweed -- warning: plant contains a highly toxic antiviral mitogen, being investigated for anti-cancer & anti-HIV potential.

10. Caraway -- the seed on most rye breads in this country contain limonene, w/ potential/treatment of breast cancer.

Most information:
Peterson's Medicinal Field Guide

"Essiac Tea Formula(s)" (... find the 'formula' w/ Kelp, Watercress in, I don't think this link has those, I just throw it up here....)

www.healthfreedom.info...

[edit on 18-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
(con't from previous post)

Most information specifics:

11. Queen Anne's lace, wild carrot -- recent studies indicate a cancer-preventative effect associated w/ the root, and anti-cancerous activity is attributed to components in the seeds. Warning: may cause blisters and dermatitis, proper ID is required, there's a poisonous member of the carrot family -- poison hemlock!

12. Common plantain -- prominent folk cancer remedy in Latin America, confirmed anti-microbial, stimulates healing process.

13. White clover -- contains the estrogenic isoflavone genistein, w/ a multitude of activities, including cancer-preventative and anti-oxidant.

14. Black mustard -- contains components that have strong anti-cancer activity and may prevent breast and colon cancers. Works in part by encouraging the self-destruction of cancer-damaged cells, and also by increasing intracellular glutathione. Warning: strong irritant, may blister skin and eating large quantities can cause skin/mouth ulcers.

15. Field or wild mustard -- the National Cancer Institute has suggested may prevent certain cancers.

16. Creeping wood-sorrel -- fresh leaves were poulticed on cancers. Warning: large doses may cause oxalate poisoning.

17. Gumweed, rosinweed -- have been used in folk remedies for cancers of the spleen and stomach.

18. Elecampane -- used in China for certain cancers. Warning: containstoxic lactones, can irritate mucous membranes and dermatitis.

19. Sneezeweed -- has shown significant anti-tumor activity in the cancer-screening program at the NCI. Warning: may cause dermatitis.

20. Wild or spotted geranium -- Externally used as a folk cancer remedy.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Mistletoe as a cancer cure:

I wonder if many of these herbal treatments contain nitrilocides/B17 (mentioned in 'World Without Cancer'). That would explain their effectiveness.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Can you please point be me to any peer reviewed literature and double blind studies that shows any of these 'cures" actually work?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
In many cases, double blind tests are corrupt. www.cancertutor.com...

Also, according to this, no double blind studies have been carried out on laetrile (wonder why
): www.laetrile-info.com...

As for pau d'arco, human studies have yet to be done, however, in animal studies, pau d'arco cured some tumors. www.cancer.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Luther777

In other words what you are trying to say is "No" eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

In most cases, "no". That's all part of the conspiracy. Why aren't more studies being done on these? Is Big Pharma suppressing cancer cures? I'd like to know.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Also, organic germanium and cancer: www.karlloren.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luther777
In most cases, "no". That's all part of the conspiracy. Why aren't more studies being done on these?

Good question. Why don't the proponents of these cures (aome of which are not that far removed from the snake oil of old), sponsoring studies at major universities? Its really not that hard, and there are plenty of grand student/researchers looking for a grant eh?

People are fond of crying conspiracy, Big Pharma, etc, but when push comes to shove that are unwilling to spend the time and effort to prove thier claims correct. We are expected to "take thier word" on it. I can see the motive to not do it. If the studies do not really show any improvment, thier entire cottage industry would fall apart. that may be real conspiracy here IMHO

The bottom line is there is little real evidence that many of these miracle cures really do work.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article from Feb of this year from the New Scientist:

It sounds almost too good to be true: a cheap and simple drug that kills almost all cancers by switching off their “immortality”. The drug, dichloroacetate (DCA), has already been used for years to treat rare metabolic disorders and so is known to be relatively safe.

Until now it had been assumed that cancer cells used glycolysis because their mitochondria were irreparably damaged. However, Michelakis’s experiments prove this is not the case, because DCA reawakened the mitochondria in cancer cells. The cells then withered and died (Cancer Cell, DOI: 10.1016/j.ccr.2006.10.020).

Cheap, 'safe' drug kills most cancers
www.newscientist.com...

...and another from this week:

As the scientists have understood the precise role of the gene in normal cell division, they are now planning to test their theory on cancer cells.

“Unlike some other genes that become mutated in cancer cells, the Bub 1 gene appears normal indicating that it behaves in exactly the same way in cancer cells as it does in healthy cells,” Dr. Taylor said.

“If this is the case, then we can be confident that switching it off will stop cancer cells proliferating too. And while our normal cells don’t divide that often, cancer cells divide more frequently, so hopefully by targeting Bub1 we will selectively kill cancer cells,” he added.

The research, which began in 1999, has been published in the journal Developmental Cell. (ANI)

Gene essential for normal cell division may harbour cure for cancer
www.thaindian.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

(con't from prior post)

21. Lopseed -- folk remedy.

22. Groundnut -- three times protein of potatoes, John Jossyln (1692) suggested used root for cancerous malady called, "proud flesh." Legume: can prevent the nourishment of blood vessels that produce new tumors.

23. Motherwort -- extract cancer-preventative. Approval in Germany for conditions of heart, hyperthyroidism. Warning: dermatitis.

24. Great burdock -- Japanese studies suggest that roots compounds that may curb mutations (and hence cancer?) Warning: don't confuse leaves w/ toxic rhubarb.

25. Flax (seed, oil) -- (see Luther's video post) folk cancer remedy possibly containing some anti-tumor compounds found in mayapple. Potentially prevents colon cancer.

26. Lyre-leaved sage, cancerweed -- folk remedy for cancer and warts. Pea family.

27. Alfalfa -- claims used for cancer, alcoholism. Warning: Reoccurring for Lupus patients and others...

28. Narrow-leaved purple coneflower (echinacea) -- root, chewed or in tea for cancer. Extracts, "confirmed by science, more then 300 pharmaceutical preparations are made from E plants in Germany."

29. Horseweed, Canada fleabane -- essential oil has anti-cancerous properties. Warning: dermatitis.

30. Figwort -- poultice a folk cancer remedy. Warning: unknown toxicity.

31. Stinging nettle -- Germans have been using for prostate cancer treatment. Warnings.

32. Beech-drops -- Teas as a folk remedy for cancer, also known as "cancer root."

33. Common barberry -- used in Chinese Trad Medicine for treating lowered white blood cell counts following chemotherapy or radiation therapy in patients. Warning: "large doses harmful."

34. Southern prickly-ash -- (bark, berries; Rue family) -- folk remedy for cancer, contains alkaloid chelerythrine, w/ anti-bacterial/inflammatory properties.

Yelllowroot -- Amer. Indians used root tea for cancer treatment. Warning: tocxic in large doses.

Amer. hazelnut -- Bark root used in teas and externally for skin cancers.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
...that's all I got for now, going to another avenue of research tomorrow to see about anymore herbal remedies. Plus, I haven't had a moment to watch these videos yet, 'burdock' and 'flax' I think were both mentioned or the former was 'p'au de arc' -- which is in the "Essiac Tea Formula" I wrote about earlier.

I skipped a lot in the Field Guide since they were beyond toxic, one (yellow jessamine) flower and deaths have been reported.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Curing Cancer & AIDS (Claimed) by running electricity (50-100 microamperes) through the blood:

Google Video Link

[edit on 073030p://America/Chicago19b by Luther777]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My initial response here is that in my opinion, there are many natural cures for cancer because there are many foods and herbs that have cancer-fighting properties.

Here in the U.S., there will not be many tests to prove the success of natural cures because there's no money to made from it. But there ARE tests being done that show the successes... you just have to look for them because you won't find them in the mainstream media.

While reviewing previous posts, I see that many natural remedies have warnings associated with them but that just tells me that they are very potent and effective but need to be used carefully (just like any prescription drug). But then we all know that even water can be fatal when consumed to excess.

I hope to contribute more to this thread as time permits.

new topics

top topics

join