It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Conspiracy - what is this picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

thanks for the pictures and telling us what its for---i spent 40 years of my life working alongside many other electricians that hated their jobs-- they only did it for the money but still got in my way to interfere with me working------i always enjoyed working on electrical equipment--like a hobby to me-------i would have loved to have been involved in working on projects like the fusion reactors and atom smashers.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Now thats a thought provoking thread. Thanks spikemilk and internos. Now I must point out, if this mechanism is part of a failed project, why was it not buried in a secure location from prying eyes and shovels. You would think this needed to be guarded from ever being exposed as a failed and no doubt costly secret project. That thing looks to be very expensive in component construction and material. And as remarked earlier by cavemandd, the recycle value would have been enormous for the material.

I think also, there's more to this than what the picture tells.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks spikemilk and internos

in the b+w pic it seems to be mounted on a frame and it seems to be upright almost as if it is in a working postion, however the color pic shows it is on a trolley in a storage yard.

this gives diff impressions of its true size.

also in the b+w pic you can clearly see what looks like chimneys of a power station in the background......anyone else see them ?????

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Great thread everyone, and thank you Spikedmilk and Internos!

I have to say mystery solved as well. Great sleuthing Internos! I do find it hard to believe that a billion dollar project would be buried in the desert. Seems to me the scientists might've encountered something in their experiment that wasn't expected and scared them enough that it was thought better to bury it than to have someone in the future find it lying around a wharehouse somewhere. turn it on. and -poof- no more universe! lol. very intriguing to say the least. Nice work guys.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ya know, there is alot to consider on this one. First, I am more inclined to say that the answer provided by Internos is the most probable. Again, a job well done to Internos.

Then, there are questions to consider. Why are there heiroglyphs or other writings on the machine? Does some scientist have a strange sense of humor? Possible, but not likely. Why did they bury it? If it was a(n) MFE, it apparently didnt work. So they couldnt use the parts? I dont know, but if I were to spend alot of money on something that didnt work, i would be sure to use what I could out of it. And with that being said, they built SIX of them, or maybe the truth is, they found six of them.
There is the possibility of it being alien , however, I'm more inclined to think if it held alien properties, theres no way in San Demus hell our government is just going to bury it back up unless it came up with specific instructions that said "Bury or DIE! - Hey can anybody translate those glyphs
, I'm kinda kidding cuz that would be interesting, but that doesnt seem plausible....
in any case, i appreciate all your posts/input and i look forward to any more you might have. thanks much!
spikeD.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What if this machine was a successful "Philadelphia experiment" on land? Meaning that when it was tested at it's original location, that it went *poof* and nobody knew where it went. Could explain why it was embedded in the dirt and still in near-perfect condition.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the thing really doesn't look human made. present day humans make clunky, square, bulky stuff. That thing looks fairly Egyptian. This whole EMF whatever machine story could just be the cover-up they came up I read Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and they usually report on these types of experiments and this is the first time I have heard of this in a somewhat "mainstream" media type of dialogue.
It just seems like it was too easily explained away

"Oh that, yeah that was this magnetic experiment that didn't work, thats all, nothing to see here, move along"

Not that it isn't true but something is making my spidey senses go off....

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I know that in the caption under the picture from the book, it says that the object was excavated from a "great depth." But holy CRAP! If that is the MFE Magnet, and judging from the absolutely enormous size from the Rense site, it looks way, way bigger than a two story house! HOW would you bury something that big!?

EDIT - I dunno, but something just seems weird about that Rense photo. The support beam on the left side seems iffy. As does the circular part protuding on the top, left part of the supposed MFE Magnet. Hell, the magnet itself kinda looks like it just does not belong.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by BSP2000]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't know. A closer examination of the "government picture" shows some anomalies.

For example, why logs to roll it on, and where are the cables to keep the platform moving.

Is it on water? Why does the wooden "road" disappear on the far side. What is the round node thing at the top.

And why is this picture on this website?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
After checking out the links to LLNL I read nothing that says this was a failed project. All I read was:

1. LLNL mothballed the spheromak
2. LLNL then worked on the tokamak
3. LLNL then contributed on the ITER project
4. LLNL is revisiting the spheromak

www.llnl.gov...

From what is listed it looks like someone decided to put the spheromak on hold while they check out other ideas. Who made this decision and why?

Now they are going back to restart the spheromak. Why change back? Who made this decision? Does LLNL know that the newer ideas are going to fail or have other issues such as funding/reliability or techniological setbacks?

So what is going on? If they went back to the original idea they were working on does that mean that it is better then the tokamak/ITER? What does LLNL know that we don't?

My only guess is that there is technology available today that will make the spheromak operate on the level they require. I will be looking into this now that there is activity on a mothballed project. Great thread btw.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great thread! I personally beleive it is what it is. One of the six magnets needed to create the field needed to satisfy the experiment.

Why it was buried? Who knows. And the glyphs? Couldnt say, one way or another. But you never know, some of the components might have been built in india or wherever and some of the raw material could have been sourced from that location, and that was their way of tagging it... just a company name or component ID?

I think a lot of folks around here (including myself) are guilty of simply wanting things like this to be alien or at least out of the ordinary, to satisfy our own boredom with that same ordinary. It's in our nature, really. Something new and exciting is always more fun and interesting than just some odd shaped magnet in some bunk failed science experiment.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
First of all thanks to spikedmilk for posting this, I had read this story a long time ago but not seen any image associated with it, and thanks to internos who continues to amaze with his research speed and presentation which he has displayed from day 1 here.

It is interesting that this seems to be associated with fusion technology and indicates how far back this research goes.

So how far have they come today with fusion reactors ?

Posted on another thread in connection with Aristarchus crater on the moon by Zorgon was this pretty thing:

Source

Now this seems to be in operation at Sandia Labs and this image is available to the public so where are they in technology away from the public eye ?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great thread of discussion. And it leads one to ask, "What other multi-million dollar blunders has our government buried?"

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs
Why do you say that? Looks like some form of minig equipment
at first glance.

LOL I guess you have seen a lot of mining equipment then?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NJ Mooch

part of what made me sick of working for the government besides the incompetent managers that higher up jerks picked to order us around was the waste like you see here by burying in the dirt pieces of equipment that cost a fortune to make---and then were tossed aside as being worthless--------to the jerks----the waste i saw and still see here of the talents and life of smarter thinkers than myself is appalling. if i was smart enough to build a time machine---i'd be long gone from this hell

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

not to put words in his mouth but he may have meant a boring machine. and I have to agree it does have somewhat of a resemblance to a boring machine...the front of one anyways...if you kinda squint your eyes a bit.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This thread has been a joy to visit.Thanks to spikedmilk for the post and the way it was formatted.You got a star from me.
I'd also like to say thanks to internos.You always seem to find exactly what people are looking for.A star for you as well.Damn you're fast!
I'm going to have to look into this some more,both of you have peaked my curiousity.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
I just find it interesting that it's arabic, hebrew and sanskrit writing, it just reminds me of that ancient artifacts thread.

I would say that THIS is the key point here...

FIRST

We need to verify that it is indeed arabic, hebrew and sanskrit writing.... In the clip Internos showed I clearly recognize arabic...

If there is indedd this writing on it then I doubt the objects is a LLNL project... so it is very important to check the writing...

SECOND...

What if the LLNL project is an attempt to recreate whatever the machine in the first image was?

It doesn't look like a stargate to me either... but a stargate would require an awesome power source...

I also agree that the two look similar but are not the same...

but if it has arabic, hebrew and sanskrit writing it may have been dug up in the Middle East... (The sanskrit would tie into some other research I am looking at...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
If it was a(n) MFE, it apparently didn't work. So they couldn' use the parts?

Or as Springheel Jack said... it did something unexpected and they had to cover it up quick. Fooling around with a magnet that powerful and tossing nuclear fusion into the mix sounds like a bad idea...

Hmmm the magneto sphere of the Earth is reduced by 35%... I wonder....
Nah they wouldn't be that dumb

:cool

There is the possibility of it being alien ,

The ancient writing especially the addition of Sanskrit screams 'ancient civilization' aka Lemuria or Atlantis... It looks to "Earthly" to say Alien to me...

Can we confirm that there are/were indeed SIX? And how about the languages... where did that info come from? Is there a photo showing the three? As I said arabic I saw and I am familiar with sanskrit and hebrew characters

Theres your next 'mission' Internos
I will put this on a page

I will email my prof. friend at MIT and see what he has on this

however, I'm more inclined to think if it held alien properties, theres no way in San Demus hell our government is just going to bury it back up unless it came up with specific instructions that said "Bury or DIE! - Hey can anybody translate those glyphs
, I'm kinda kidding cuz that would be interesting, but that doesnt seem plausible....
in any case, i appreciate all your posts/input and i look forward to any more you might have. thanks much!
spikeD.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great picture, it has a really wierd, alien/human look to it, I don't know how to describe it.

Kinda like alienns gave humans the schematics and we built it.

Imagine that thing and all that stone and weight cranking up and spinning like a gyroscope? What a site.

Kinda like that thing they build and dropped dropped Jodie Foster into in contact: but on a smaller scale.

I'm glad the OP got his answer as to exactly what this is, after it had been bugging at the back of his mind for so long.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join