It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't I seen one yet????!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok I admit I smoke, have done for the last 15 years. And I have always, always had my cigarettes outside, first in my mums backgarden and now my own.

I have on average 6 smokes a night, seven days a week spending roughly 15 minutes outside at a time.

Now I haven't done the maths but that's a lot of time spent outside were I have always (since being interested in UFOs, over 15 years) spent it staring at the skies in the hope of seeing something.

Barring the odd satellite or shooting star, Ive seen nothing whatsoever that I could describe as a UFO. Apparently they're being seen all the time, yet I haven't seen one! How the hell is this possible?

Surely I should have seen something by now, surely the law of averages would of granted me one sighting of something?

I'm not for one second saying they don't exist, its just that they certainly don't exist were I come from. Are there only specific places where they roam?

Is it just luck to see one? Are you destined in life to see one? Can you do anything so one will appear? How does it work? I'm beginning to believe I will die an old man (if the smokes don't get me!) and never see one.

(RANT OVER)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why haven't I seen bigfoot, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny???? Why, why why!? I have seen unexplainable aerial lights, sights. Two of which were very disturbing. Be careful what you wish for. Peace, light.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Because santa and the easter bunny dont exist, and im highly unlikely to see bigfoot in my backgarden. But anyone anywhere can look at the skies.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by thesneakiod]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
ok so 6 smokes per night, at an average of what? 10 minutes per cig? thats one hour out of a night. One hour out of a maximum of 12 hours night time at certain times of the year. Even less of a chance if you smoke fast at an average of 5 minutes per cig. thats only 30 minutes per night. what you should do is get a nice setup in your back yard with a portable TV, a camera and a table and maybe a chair or two. dont forget a toilet either, you will need it. spend 72 hours straight, day and night looking at the skies. Better chance you will see a UFO then.

Seriously, 9 out of 10 occasions that people catch UFO's is by mere chance. Right time and right place. It's like watching a pot of water on a stove. If you walk away for a few minutes and do something, it will be boiling when you get back. But if you WATCH it as it heats up then it seems to take forever to do so. Chances are, you aren't going to see one so easily as taking a few smoke breaks. And unfortunatly you will NEVER see one if you walk away and let it come. Only thing you can do is watch the skies everytime you go out, everytime you go to your car and everytime you leave your house. I too have been looking for UFO's for a few years and the search has thus far been unsuccessful.

either that or they just dont like you cause you are a nasty smoker...JK i smoke too....lol

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That was rude of me sneak. My apologies. In '97 saw 4 maybe 5 orange eggs traveling in line while walking my dog. Widely reported by Cleveland media as it happened at dusk around 8pm. For whatever reason it sent some kind of primordial chill down my spine. Second sighting of notability occured in 2003. In my backyard smoking a cig. A football field sized orange haze lit from the center like a 100 watt bulb flew nearly directly overhead at about a 1000 ft. I really wanted to start screaming bloody murder but all I could muster was 'oh my god' repeatedly under my breath. Both of those left me shaken....and stirred. Keep looking up. It will be your time when 'they' say it is I suppose. I'm not quite certain I would have liked to view them. It is a life changing experience. The really funny thing is I leased a condo smack on the shores of Lake Erie, with a 12th floor rooftop obseratory for 5 yrs. Never saw anything unusual expcept for some fearesome storms blowing in. It wasn't till I bought my house approx. 12 miles inland I had those sightings.
edit stupid spelling
[edit on 8-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You need to be where they are. You know, military installations, secret nuclear facilities, places of high top secret clearance. Otherwise you might look up all your life where you live and never see anything. Keep looking and let us know when you've spotted something strange and hopefully record it for all to see.

I haven't seen anything that would make me think flying saucer or aliens from another world yet, but I'm still looking too.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've seen 3 in my lifetime I'm over 50 so keep looking,when I sw them I wasn't looking for them

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You might get somewhere.. But you chose to call people names.

So you think Im an Idiot? Well I have news for you buddy.
You might try looking inward before you go name calling to people that are only trying to help.

You think we "might" be alone in this universe..

Who is the Idiot????

There is NO might about it.. WE ARE NOT alone!!!

But people like you are laughable! You say wahhh! I want proof! Cry me a river.. You wont see a UFO, becasue you have a very bad attitude, and Im sure any aliens out there would steer clear of your "type".

No honestly.. I guess you only see what you want to see.
As people like you who treat people like me the way you do, is well..
Ill let you decide that. It was you who cast the first stone, And you are the one claiming we might be alone in the whole universe.
Good for you little buddy..
Tell me.. Isnt it hot in that little box you have your head in?
OR do you not mind being cramped up in a little box?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you will look at my profile, you will see that I started a thread asking the same thing.

In my 30+ years, I have never ever ever seen anything that would be considered a UFO. Everything I ever see in the sky is always easily explainable or identifiable.

I never ever see odd lights, objects, etc etc.

And nope, I dont look to the ground....but look to the sky often. Especially after becoming a member of ATS....I look even more so. I spend a lot of time outside...as much as I can.

And also....you do NOT need to be near military installations. I lived on/near various military installations for many many years. I have never witnessed a UFO.

Anyways, keep looking. Someday, we WILL get lucky

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Guys another thing to understand here is.. Sometimes you cant see them.
But you can feel them in your dreams. And with enough time you wont feel so lonely.
I almost feel pity for those who really think we are all alone in this universe. They feel as if they are soo lonely and we are the only beings in this universe.. Sad really.
For me, I dont have to see them to belive in them.
I can feel them everyday and every night.

I know in my heart I am not alone. And those who keep looking up hope to see something.. When the whole time its in your heart.
Because most things out there, are on another frequency band.
Your eyes can not see them, unless they want you to see them.
Frequency waves are key to knowing about other life forms.
We are surrounded by energy at all times, and we have never been alone.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I smoke and here in the UK, you're urged to do
your 'pariah' act outside.
I've watched the skies,
I work in the night and even though I once saw
some strange things in the skies over Belen New Mexico,
and I believe they were balloons... I've seen NOTHING
that convinces me that there's anything out there but
noble gases and the junk we leave floating out there.

It maybe that you smoke.... ever ask youself that?
Are we infecting or 'dirtying' our body, a body that Grays
may want to use. Are we immunising ourselves against
getting a corrogated pipe rammed up the sunshine door!

Anyway, back to the board meeting, you know how it is
working for 'Big Tobacco'.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This always cracks me up when I watch it and makes me think "why me?" "why can't I see them?" Just thought I'd throw this one out here to see. Very funny.

Sorry if this doesn't show up right, but just click on the link or hyperlink below.

Non- Abductee Anonymous

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Solar...You posted that video on the thread I started and I laughed my arse off....IM glad you posted it again. I forgot all about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The fact is, real UFOs that are truly unexplainable weird things that are obviously not black project aircraft, odd weather phenomena, or hoaxes, are extremely rare. They just don't pop up in everybody's back yard every day, or they'd probably be figured out by now.

I've had an interest in UFOs for nearly 40 years now, and I have yet to experience what I consider to be a really good, bona fide sighting that would convince me beyond all doubt that what I was looking at was not from this planet or time, or whatever. Something really off the hook, as they say, that would blow my mind.

Forty years of looking, and nothing yet. I could easily die before I get that super sighting. That's how rare the real thing is.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah yes I did. I just can't get enough of that one it's just to funny. Thank You greeneyedleo.
Love your Avatar !
And for the topic I'll say I'm still looking but haven't seen anything yet.

[edit on 4/11/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am in the same boat of smoking outside, and never seeing any aliens. I think I saw the ISS about a week ago. I was thinking OMG it's a UFO, but then I thought about it and it had to have been the ISS or a satellite.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

You didn't tell us where you live? If you live in Croatia, you can forget about seeing any aliens. We're on their ignore list. [snip] little grey [snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I've seen about 18 UFO's including one damaged one close up in Spain on April 23rd 2006.

If people are destined to see them then i am one of the lucky ones
i also have wierd birth marks which might account.. a 6 on my thigh, 3 dots shaped like Orion on my right hand and the bones of my head at the back look like 2 "wings" when shaved.

most recent was 3 days ago it flew over Heaton Park in circles, did zig zags then flew straight up then flew around the entire park then headed south. i drew the flightpath
this was at.. 2:03am in the morning.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Not sure who that was aimed at. Was that tirade meant for me??

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The skys massive mate,theres a good reason why you havnt seen one yet!

I have seen a few over the years,from blacker than black triangles in daylight hovering over a local field-a high orbit craft slowing and changing direction before warp driving away in a metalic blur across the night sky over the Irish sea and a recent one a few months ago when something was again hovering low over a field a couple of miles away from me with 4 lights on it ,white,red,orange and green.It must have seen me as it wasnt that far away at all and I flashed full beams as the road I was on was directing me straight at it before a junction took me left of the field.

The thing is I see these things when I am not looking for them,there has been plenty of times I have had a smoke outside with a brew at a mates house and we have gazed at the night skys to see nothing!

I always have a camera in the car now ready,the last one i saw realy annoyed me as I left the cam at work to film some machines we use being taken apart so we could put them back together again afterwards.

Hopefully it will come back again,this time I will film it and try and get as close as i can-If theres an open door I would get in and film and interview anyone in there(american or grey)to try and give the debunkers here no chance.lol

Hopefully you will see something one day mate,A few of my friends have too-you will see them when your not looking for them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join