It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Strange geometric configuration on the Martian plain resembling the plan of a city photographed during the Martian winter and spring 2004 (images MOC2-607 of January 16, 2004, 78.9°S 357.3°W and MOC2-742 of May 30, 2004, 80.7°S 70.6°W). The image extends 3 km in width.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It looks more like frozen ground than a city plan.

I tried to find satellite photos of areas like that on Earth but I couldn't' find any.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Another intriguing feature! Signs of a burried city? Note what looks like the ruins of two square structures toward the top of the pic.

Courtesy: NASA

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am really perplexed by this sight. I remember seeing a similar thing on a old picture of the moon.The L shaped structure if anybody remembers

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Id just like to point out something which doesnt seem to get much attention:

Pyramid, Triangle and perfectly rectangular structures on Mars seem to be in close vicinity of each other. In other words, you can browse over the barren surface of Mars for thousands of miles before coming upon the next structure...beside which there are more similar ones to be found.

This could be evidence of non-natural structures.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And here's another pic which seem to be ruins. Unfortunately, the original has been yanked off the net and no longer available. The question is WHY??

Courtesy: Steve (HMF)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
what does it mean if i keep finding examples of latticework under the soil or peeking out from the soil on the moon and mars? is it some kind of natural phenomenon or is it tech of some kind? and if it's tech, what kind would it be and for what purpose? does it suggest artificiality? it's not so hard to believe that the moon might be artificial but mars? i don't see why it would be. is it possible the surfaces act like giant nets to catch dust/meteors/etc, for the purpose of mining it? like a giant ball of flypaper. or perhaps it's some form of technology, like a complicated system of tubes for transport and delivery of goods/fluids/ etc?

i'm telling you i have some awesome examples of the lattices, and some of them are like the typical spider web in appearance. it's not very appealing to think about, unless it's simply the easiest shape for the purpose (whatever that might be).

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i'm telling you i have some awesome examples of the lattices, and some of them are like the typical spider web in appearance. it's not very appealing to think about, unless it's simply the easiest shape for the purpose (whatever that might be).

Ok! Let's have it!!
As to what the heck's going on out there on Mars, or was, your guess is as good as mine!!
And do we have examples of the lattice work on Earth? Any Pics? If so then we could infer that it's due to natural causes. But is 'natural' on Earth, 'natural' on Mars???

Cheers!

[edit on 7-12-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
no, the closest earth spider web example, are spider webs. lol but if these moon lattices are spider webs, that's one mammoth spider

[edit on 7-12-2007 by undo]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I've noticed that in almost all photos of the Lunar surface or Mars, the image clarity of an anomaly is quite low. This lack of clarity is enough, in my opinion, to cause distortions that one might perceive to be artificial structures of some kind. There are many examples of such pictures, and a quick perusal of ATS Moon Anomaly threads will yield quite a plethora of them.

I just find it strange that we can't find very many images of the surface that show anything suggestive of artificial construction. I've seen a few pics myself, but they're very far and few between to find.

As always, just my $0.02.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Hey, Borg! Where the devil have you been hiding? Long time no see!!

Ok, in reply to your question as to why we can't get hold of higher res pics of the Moon or Mars where we could get to identify those ubiquitous anomalies...Here's an excerpt from another post of mine on another gazillionth thread of mine..

"That's what I've been saying all along!! Does anyone ever bother to read my nutjob posts??
What I've been trying to get across is that there is much more than meets the eye. Everyone - US of A, Russia, China, India, Japan are all on the bandwagon together. There's an understanding between all of them regarding publication of Moon photos.

Probably the top secret directive reads:

All Moon images/videos will be thoroughly scrutinized by respective authorized imaging labs for anomalies that cannot be included within the paradigm of natural explanations including indigenous natural terrain configurations or natural geological formations that form part of mainstream explanations as they pertain to Earth.

All such images/videos that fall in the anomalous category that do not conform to such explanations as brought out in para ---, above, will be sent to the office of the Central Image Processing Lab at --------- by special means on completion of preliminary study in accordance with Section 5(a)II of ---------- (Hereinafter referred to as the M-MANUAL).

All such imagery/videgraphy will be stamped Above Top Secret For Eyes Only. No part of such imagery shall be open to public scrutiny or public disclosure and will be excluded from any scrutiny whatsoever under the Right To Information Act.

Etc….Etc…

Now do you guys get the point? The bottom line is we’ll continue to be screwed till kingdom come!

Frustrating to go on a wild goose chase, what? Anyway, have a nice day!"

Now do ya get it??

Cheers!

[edit on 7-12-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I find the pictures very interesting. I'm not an expert but I can't think of what natural occurence such as winds or erosion would cause what appear to be steps in just a specific area and not all over. It does look to me as if this is a very old structure and similiar to Aztec buildings. We all know that the climate on Mars was much different at one time. And if NASA didn't think that life existed there at some point in the past, why are we spending billions of dollars looking for it. And what ever happened to the Glass Worm on Mars. I saw some pictures and never heard about again.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
these are all moon webs (but not all the examples)/ be patient, might take a minute to load

[edit on 7-12-2007 by undo]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Nice pics, but it sure requires a trained eye to discern the webbing!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
And what ever happened to the Glass Worm on Mars. I saw some pictures and never heard about again.

Here they are!

Courtesy: Dangerzone productions and Palermoproject.

More here...

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thank you for that picture. It is so cool. I just have a feeling that things are coming together and we may know soon. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just saw the other pictures so thanks again. I've been reading some of the others post and I respect all the different views and welcome their opinions because I simply don't know. I'm not saying the glass worm is an alien structure but that I don't recall seeing anything like it before on Earth or what conditions on Mars would create such an object. I know there are extremely strong winds on Mars but it seems like it would effect a much larger area. I wish NASA would take a closer look.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mutantalien1947

Those are supposed to be (and that is also my opinion) small dunes parallel to each other, created by winds that "run" along that trench where the dunes are.

The closest thing I could find here on Earth was this:

Winds are strong on Mars, but the atmosphere is thinner than that of the Earth, so the results would be different.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Just for my own curiosity, in Mike's second post on this page, there is a square. I have looked at a much larger picture of this, and find it to have a very well defined geometry. Now I myself am hard pressed to explain four corners at right angles to each other as "natural".

Granted, we see things with the mind, but as a person that has engaged in building projects off and on for a long time, I know just how hard it is to "square up" a foundation on even a medium sized building. It requires the use of careful measurements and a certain amount of math. I find it hard to believe that this is a natural "accident" of wind and erosion.

But, as always, I can and often am, missing something when I view photos. So, I would like your opinion on this.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I don't have the slightest idea of what that could be.

To me, it looks more like two "things" with an almost perfect right angle in the top one and a perfect (at least to my eyes) right angle in the one at the bottom of the group.

Could it be a natural, although rare and unexplained, formation? Sure, nature never stops amazing me, and right angles, rare as they are, exist in nature, specially in geology.

Could it be an artificial structure? Yes, but I don't think so, especially because of the rest of that area and the space between the two right angles. If those "things" look like ruined walls, the space in between does not look like a ruined anything to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join