It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Name Assassins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Obviously most people have three names, first, middle, and last. But why is it that "famous" assassins are known by all three of their names?

John Wilkes Booth (Lincoln)
Lee Harvey Oswald (JFK)
Mark David Chapman (Lennon)
James Earl Ray (MLK Jr.)

Of course, all four of these assassinations have some suspicious circumstances surrounding them. Anything from CIA involvement, to brainwashing allegations, to mob groups, as well as other US government agencies.

I'm wondering if this has ever been discussed anywhere, and if so, what were the results of such discussions? Are there any specific reasons as to why they are known by three names?

Does anyone think this may be some sort of symbol? Maybe some significance to referring to these people by their three names?

Or is it just another coincidence and just happened?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Probably because as you mentioned, most people have 1st,2nd and last names. There are probably quite a few people with just the name John Booth, but how many wilkes booth are there? So of course the middle name is going to be used, it is an easier way of avoiding confusion & mistaken identity.

What I want to know is, what about people with four names? 1st, two middles and the obvious last part of the name. Are they like super assassin spies or some thing?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe...

It is a product of the commonality of the names involved.

John Booth
Lee Oswald
Mark Chapman
James Ray

Could be anybody...

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

six

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just watching the news where I live, they identify all the people accused/convicted of violent crimes by all three names

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have four names... First, two middle and the last, which is a very common in brazil and portugal...

Though I'm pretty sure I'm not an assassin, nor is any in my family as far back as I can trace.

Peace

Ps.: I know you're talking about North Americans assassins, but just don't discard all the muslin names, which can commonly be more than 4 or 5 names.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've seen this topic somewhere else. What I remember of it, it points out that successful assassins get the 3-name title, yet, unsuccessful assassins get the two-name moniker, like John Hinkley, who failed to assassinate Ronald Reagan. Also, the assassin who failed to kill Pope JPII. He was also refered to in two-name format.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Sirhan Sirhan succeeded.

But I guess that also disproves what ever point I was trying to make in my opening post, because this Sirhan Sirhan/RFK incident seems suspicious as well.

Just seemed a little odd to me is all that they're referred to by all three names.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

That's an interesting question! Sirhan Sirhan do indeed have middle name,(Bishara).

Maybe it is because he is the only non-caucasian on the list. Like Osama bin Laden, he is always refered to by mostly the two last names, as sometimes he is by his first name only. Never his full name. indicating a kind of racial degatorism.

Following the Finnish school shooter thread it occured to me, on that list of almost 50 notorious masskillers in school shootings, they're are ALL (exept for Cho Heu) -to my knowledge and memory (don't bash me if not, I haven't checked'm all)- Caucasian Male Whites.

I think the same applies for the list of political/ideological assassins.

Anyone else done the observation? I find it interesting.

Can anybody come up with some 'famous' black or hispanic assassins or masskillers?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I've heard it mentioned before as well. I believe Mel Gibson's character was talking about it in the movie Conspiracy Theory.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Another oddity; Look up how many people who have killed more than one person have the middle name of Wayne? I found a site long ago that had a list, and it was truly impressive.

It's more understandable with someone like John Wayne Gacey. The guy at the site with the list thought he might have had a rough and tumble father figure to give him such a name.

Anyway, sheer name trivia.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Beware, Beware!

Their flashing eyes, their murd'rous air...

- Catherine Zeta Jones
- Mary Tyler Moore
- Anna Nicole Smith

and deadliest of all, the

- Swiss Family Robinson

---------------------------

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here's one nobody mentioned:

Osama Bin Laden. now honestly it's a little different, but reeks no less of government patsy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Nah, it is nore difficult for blacks and hispanics to be mass killers... They are easily noticed while toting a spear around... People have time to flea.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And don't forget Ilich Ramírez Sánchez aka Carlos the Jackal...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well if you notice most assassins have three names but why then do serial killers have only there 1st and last names used:

Ted Bundy

Charles Manson

Edward Gein

Jeffery Dahmer

David Berkowitz

Very weird i say if you assassinate someone you get three names if your a serial killer only two.......curious?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
Can anybody come up with some 'famous' black or hispanic assassins or masskillers?

Richard Ramirez, "The Night Stalker"

Carl Eugene Watts, "The Sunday Morning Slasher"

Henry Louis Wallace

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Interesting idea and something I have not really considered before. But I would have to agree with others that it is probably just to avoid confusion. When you want to identify somebody as a serial killer or a murderer, it would be best to ensure you are referring to the right person!

It would be very intriguing to analyse if those names have some kind of prophetic message or mythical symbolism embedded in them. Unfortunately not my area of expertise, but would love to see the response from those who are knowledgeable in these fields.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
jared-lee-loughner just adding another one

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Idi Amin. Che Guevara.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
John Hinkley was credited as John Hinkley, Jr. during the attempted Reagan assassination. That is technically 3 names. His full name is actually John Warnock Hinckley, Jr. which is a bit of a mouthful.

Jack Ruby successfully assassinated Lee Harvey Oswald, but he isn't known by 3 names. His full name was Jack Leon Ruby, changed from Rubenstein in 1947.

Now what about Richard Paul Pavlick? A 3 named assassin who FAILED to kill President John F. Kennedy in 1960. He was the one who planned to kill himself and the President with dynamite in a suicide bombing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join