It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres. Bush, possible Jail time.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
As much as Olbermann helps, he hurts, because he keeps us divided. He keeps us on one side or the other. He is of absolutely no consequence to the power structure, you just think he is.

BTW, I'm an Olbermann fan from way back in the day. I wish he'd of stayed at ESPN.

Peace

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Dr Love]

Exactly!

He is but a release valve for the frustrated Americans.

At the same time reinforcing the contrived Right-Left Paradigm.

I'm sure that there are a few that he inspries to delve a little deeper, but he is simply vicariously blowing off steam for the collectively frustrated public.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
And you think active military pilots are going to come out and say something? Look at all the generals who have come out AFTER they retired and called the adminstration out on the war. They didn't say anything while they were active. Why not? Because you don't. Because you imperil yourself and your career. Besides, who can say they haven't? Who can say that any number of anonymous posts on any number of internet forums aren't active military spilling their guts? Just cause no one HAS come forward doesn't mean the 'official' version is true or that they won't come forward in the future.

Or, maybe there is nothing for them to come forward with. Do you honestly think that members of the military would withhold this kind of information?

The only reason that those who have come forward did so after they retired is because they knew it would place future promotions in jeopardy. The boards tend to pass over people who have lost touch with reality ie those who believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

I give up. The discussion is senseless. Even the co-chairs of the 911 Commission 'official' report said the government failed to cooperate and blocked the investigation. And that's the official report and from bi-partisan co-chairs.

Look, I know people are desperate to hold onto their sense of security and safety and that everything will be alright. Hell, I'd love to be that way. I have kids. Do you think I like the idea that the country may be getting hijacked by a group of evil people with bad intent? I don't. Not a bit. This sort of thing has gone on for generations. It's happened before. There are evil people in the world and they want power to further their agendas. Look at Argentina. Look at Pakistan. It happens.

Believe whatever you want at your won peril. To me, it's clear. The country is significantly less safe today, we're almost universally hated, the economy is in near freefall, we're living in a constant state of fear. And all of this has happened in the last seven years. I don't know how old you are but I'm 55. The country has never been in this bad shape and no one seems to want to do a damn thing to change it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is time to show the world we are not evil. We won't even use torture that Bush says is not torture. Waterboarding Bush will not happen. We are decent people. I'm sure Bush was willing to do the time, he did the crime.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
The boards tend to pass over people who have lost touch with reality ie those who believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Exactly, because afterall we should not forget what Dubya told his nation:

"We must speak the truth about terror. Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty."

Not just "lies", but "MALICIOUS lies".......not just "conspiracy theories", but "OUTRAGEOUS conspiracy theories"......

Talk about knowing you have to nip something in the bud.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thank God for people like him in our country! I could care less about how right-winged or left-winded someone is as long as they have Godly morals and speak up when something is way wrong!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
Thank God for people like him in our country! I could care less about how right-winged or left-winded someone is as long as they have Godly morals and speak up when something is way wrong!

Is anyone really this naive anymore? Are you a troll, or just a dolt? Bush is so un-Godly he might be the anti-christ. He has the morals of a guilliotine operator.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VveaponS2K

All I can say is WOW!!! Someone in the mainstream media taking a standing and saying what is right and what is on our minds. I am SO glad this man has a public forum to speak from.

Also BIG thumbs up to Vveapons2K for posting this. This seriously made my day. Good job !!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not to get off track, but I just love how eyewitness86 posts his/hers usual 10 plus paragraph rant and I just mentally picture everyone reading them and pulling back from their computers not touching them with a 10 foot pole.

Man I love it when eyewitness86 gets off a good rant…

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
" The guilty flee when there is no pursuer "..anyone who won't touch my posts must be either convinced and agree with me..preaching to the choir..or are unable to convincingly refute my views and they spare themselves the pain of a losing argument and intellectual disparagement.

I am really glad that my posts provide you with some amusing imaginings, as that at least is a reaction of sorts. I would prefer to hear either a reasoned and referenced rebuttal or an agreement and support. But we takes what we gets!! I think you are right!! Many people shy away from replying to a long rant and I know this and accept it as a consequence of being long winded and verbose.

But you have to agree that what I say is true, even if it hurts!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

He might influence someone else.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Libs and wishful thinking

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

Cons and an alternate reality. Your man has a 24% approval rating. Clinton left office with an approval around 60% (even after your gang of thieves, aka the Rethuglican Party tried to impeach him for an extramarital affair), and he is still the most popular living president. All I can say is, lol...

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Cons and an alternate reality. Your man has a 24% approval rating. Clinton left office with an approval around 60% (even after your gang of thieves, aka the Rethuglican Party tried to impeach him for an extramarital affair), and he is still the most popular living president. All I can say is, lol...

Uhh, we they didn't try to impeach him for having an extramarital affiar. He was impeached for perjury before a grand jury.

Technically he was impeached by the House, and acquitted by the Senate (which was mostly Democrat at the time).

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm... I wonder how good ol GWB would fair in front of a grand jury. Nothing to hide there.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Uhh, we they didn't try to impeach him for having an extramarital affiar. He was impeached for perjury before a grand jury.

Exactly, perjuring himself for lying about an extramarital affair. He didn't lie like Bush has with anything as serious as war and peace.

Technically he was impeached by the House, and acquitted by the Senate (which was mostly Democrat at the time).

It is still considered impeachment, regardless if he was kicked out of office or not...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Exactly, perjuring himself for lying about an extramarital affair. He didn't lie like Bush has with anything as serious as war and peace.

You made it seem that he was impeached for the extramarital affair, when in fact it was the fact that he lied under oath.

Funny, you say Bush lied and yet who was the one who was impeached for lying?

It is still considered impeachment, regardless if he was kicked out of office or not...

No, he was not impeached. He had impeachment proceedings brought against him, but was never formally impeached.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You made it seem that he was impeached for the extramarital affair, when in fact it was the fact that he lied under oath.

Funny, you say Bush lied and yet who was the one who was impeached for lying?

24% approval, ha, ha, HA... So you and your chapter of John Birch still support him?

No, he was not impeached. He had impeachment proceedings brought against him, but was never formally impeached.

President of the United States Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, and acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999.

The above is the first lines of the Wikipedia entry on Clinton. Also look at Andrew Jackson, he was not impeached as in kicked out of office, but like Clinton he went through the process of impeachment. I'm not going to debate this further, I'm using facts, you're pulling stuff out of God knows where.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The above is the first lines of the Wikipedia entry on Clinton. Also look at Andrew Jackson, he was not impeached as in kicked out of office, but like Clinton he went through the process of impeachment. I'm not going to debate this further, I'm using facts, you're pulling stuff out of God knows where.

You are not formally impeached until the Senate votes on the articles of impeachment.

You can have impeachment proceedings brought against you all you want, but if the Senate doesn't find you guilty then you are not impeached.

When did wikipedia become an accpeted source for information?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You are not formally impeached until the Senate votes on the articles of impeachment.

You can have impeachment proceedings brought against you all you want, but if the Senate doesn't find you guilty then you are not impeached.

When did wikipedia become an accpeted source for information?

Well, please provide a source, because I just don't see it the way you are suggesting.

Sometimes info on Wikipedia seems kind of off, but for the most part it is pretty good. I read an article in an MSM news source that said Wikipedia was roughly as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica. The info on Wikipedia isn't just willy nilly thrown up there you know. Different areas of expertise have editors who monitor what's put on Wikipedia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join