It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impact of Clones as Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm not speaking Star Wars fantasy here...I'd like peoples opinions on how they feel clones could be effectively used for combat...trained from birth for combat and killing with no remorse, genetic alterations in body structure to adapt to environment as well as chemical and biological agents. Expendability. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I seriously don't think that sheep(clones) can be taught hoof to hand combat techniques to become the next elite fighters of a NWO. Come on now, they don't even have oposable thumbs!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
I'm not speaking Star Wars fantasy here...I'd like peoples opinions on how they feel clones could be effectively used for combat...trained from birth for combat and killing with no remorse, genetic alterations in body structure to adapt to environment as well as chemical and biological agents. Expendability. Any thoughts?

That's jsut it. A clone raised from birth is going to have lots of time and moeny invested in them. Theya re anythign but expendable.

Also, a killing machien raised from birth isn't going to be much better a soldier than some guys who gets in his few years when he's 20. Just alot more costly. And he doesn't go back into the economy when his term is up.

Clones as soldiers is fantasy, they would never be an efficient choice.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
unless they figure out how to increase the aging process and have it stop at a set age. This is almost science fact. scary!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
didnt they ban human cloning in the 90's or something

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
That's jsut it. A clone raised from birth is going to have lots of time and moeny invested in them. Theya re anythign but expendable.

Also, a killing machien raised from birth isn't going to be much better a soldier than some guys who gets in his few years when he's 20. Just alot more costly. And he doesn't go back into the economy when his term is up.

Clones as soldiers is fantasy, they would never be an efficient choice.
That may be true if the United States government wasn't known for funneling billions of dollars into black programs or spending thousands on toilet seats. Everything paid for by taxpayers is expendable to the government. Easily replaced at little to no cost to them. I would have to say clones would be very expendable...not quickly replaceable but expendable without a doubt.

As for instilling killing instincts...a child raised in the martial arts or boxing is far more apt to be effective than say somebody who's been at it for 3 or 4 years.

Creating soldiers that won't help the economy is something I hardly see being a problem for the American military...America's economy is booming with the onslaught of illegals able to work without papers now. Fact of the matter is...cloned soldiers would keep many working men IN the economy instead out in the battlefields, right?

Clones soldiers aren't a fantasy...at least no more than soldiers thought iron clad battleships were fantasy or heavier than air flying machines.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by weeman
didnt they ban human cloning in the 90's or something
I don't see that stopping human cloning development.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
First of all do you know how many surgent mothers you would need for an army. We dont have the tech ( officialy) to grow babies outside the human body and I think that human clones will never work or they will become slow and retarded. I dunno I guess those are my thoughts we will have to see.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

That may be true if the United States government wasn't known for funneling billions of dollars into black programs or spending thousands on toilet seats.

OK, first, those black proejcts are useful. Clones aren't.
Second, the reason we buy million dollar hammers has nothing to do with the hammer.

Everything paid for by taxpayers is expendable to the government. Easily replaced at little to no cost to them.

Taxes= Government's pocketbook. Taxes spent ARE money lost to the government.

I would have to say clones would be very expendable...not quickly replaceable but expendable without a doubt.

Apaprently you don't know what expendable means. It means you can afford to lose them. Clones are not affordable.

As for instilling killing instincts...a child raised in the martial arts or boxing is far more apt to be effective than say somebody who's been at it for 3 or 4 years.

A gun will kill a ninja any day of the week. Why do you think knights went out of style?

Creating soldiers that won't help the economy is something I hardly see being a problem for the American military...America's economy is booming with the onslaught of illegals able to work without papers now. Fact of the matter is...cloned soldiers would keep many working men IN the economy instead out in the battlefields, right?

A soldier not in war and not working is only busy eating food.

Clones soldiers aren't a fantasy...at least no more than soldiers thought iron clad battleships were fantasy or heavier than air flying machines.

They thought it was fantasy because it wouldn't work. I say they're fantasy because they aren't sensible.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
clones as an army makes a lot of sense IF they could speed up the aging process. If you could have a fully developed human in a year or less it would make an army fully replenishable. Another consideration would be the cost - how much it would cost to make say a million clones.At this point, it would probably be undoable economically.

When the tech is more advanced though, it might be the deciding factor in a war. Imagine a soldier that only needs to sleep a few times a week, if he even needs to sleep at all. Now make that soldier HUGE - strong enough to carry double the amount of equipment. You could make his eyesight, hearing, intellegence, sense of smell - almost anything extreme.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Watch Dark Angel (regardless of the poor acting) and you'll see the soldier's side of that.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Look at this:
us.games-workshop.com...
its almost exactly what your looking for but not

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I find it more probable that we would use highly sophisticated machinery and robots rather than clones. Eventually the technology will be cheap enough to make them expendable, they don't need food, or water, they can posess an intelligence far beyond ours, and they would have total obedience.

Clones are improbable, because at our current tech, we couldn't make an "expendable clone". Even if we could, what would we do with them after the war? Kill them? accept them into society?

Then you have the religous factor too, society might not see clones as nothing but moving organs and tissue, but human beings with their own rights and wills and whether or not they have souls. Versus a machine which you can pack up and ship out the next day.

top topics

join