It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King 11/8: UFO's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterShake122
Watching right now.. they said the government is supposed to disclose information on Monday

Are you kidding? I am at work right now I can't watch jeeeeez...!

What did they say exactly? Can't wait for someone to upload the show on youtube.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterShake122
Watching right now.. they said the government is supposed to disclose information on Monday

I thought they said December 12th?

Anyway, this is a great show so far, and it's only been 20 minutes!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I didn't catch exactly which conference, but they mentioned again that there will be conference on Monday where the government will disclose information.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought Shirley McClaine was actually pretty good and informative. It's too bad everyone just thinks she's a nut...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Monday's Conference

frankwarren.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is getting exciting
Alot of pilots are gonna speak and it's even narrated by a former Arizona governor. Ok Monday!! Hurry up and get here!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
well... if they even a single time mention:

"...and then we have these printed "transcripts" with a lot more infomation on this subject, available for purchase now"

Then all hope is lost. The cause destroyed be yet another band of greedy people.
But let's see what happens...

www.cnn.com...

for those who can't watch it. Go one third down on the page, right collumn, "Listen to CNN Live"...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe they said there would be "full disclosure" from several different government and military officials from around the world. I took them to mean that the US government would not be among them. However, there are supposed to be many former military like the panel on the show from the US discussing the UFO phenomenon.

I look forward to hearing what comes of the conference on Monday!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i doubt there will be a disclosure from the U.S government for a looooooooong time..., why would they, then they'd lose their control.

mass panic, mass hysteria... some religions would be proven wrong too probably.

and EVEN IF the U.S government announces tomorrow that there are in fact Extraterrestrial species that have visited, and still do.... do you really think everyone would believe it?

i dont.

i can honestly say, there are ALOT of people out there who wouldnt believe in an alien even if it jumped out in front of them and hit them in the face...

as for me. i dont need the government or NASA to "disclose" anything.

cuz i already know what is real and what isnt.

why should we rely on our piece of crap government to tell us all about it.

meh...

-Mayan

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well at least there was less negativity surrounding the show overall this time. For example, I kept waiting for Anderson Cooper to make a stupid joke or something every time he popped up and when his show started.

Also, it makes me mad that one of the most important questions, the question of why does the government cover this up, always gets some typical lame responses like "they don't want us to panic." What about FREE ENERGY? These guys Larry has on act as if every craft in the sky is piloted by aliens. Our government obviously has this technology, and they don't want us to know about it. I just wish someone would say that on one of these shows...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I thought the show went surprisingly well.

And from a completely unbiased and objective standpoint, the skeptic looked like he was grasping for straws when trying to explain away the sightings as described by the other guests.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
and EVEN IF the U.S government announces tomorrow that there are in fact Extraterrestrial species that have visited, and still do.... do you really think everyone would believe it?

i dont.

Of course not. Do you know there are people in this world today that still believe the Earth is flat?

It all comes down to experience really. If someone who believed the Earth was flat was taken up in a spaceship over the Earth, they would be convinced that the Earth was round.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

Well... if you take a look at the guest list at the Press Club meeting, sure there are some military officials, from Chile, Peru, Belgium and France and some formers. But as always, that is not gonna help us

We need current leaders who are in the need to know, who would come forth or let a spokespersons speak on the record on their behalf.

Jees, I had forgotten how watered out those talk shows are... 5 min breaks almost every 5-10 min?! Talk about not getting anything for your money.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
I thought the show went surprisingly well.

And from a completely unbiased and objective standpoint, the skeptic looked like he was grasping for straws when trying to explain away the sightings as described by the other guests.

The skeptic apparently believed that every single person in the world who has ever witnessed a UFO was just misinterpreting what they saw. Only he is capable of ascertaining the "truth". I have a hard time with people who are so narrow minded and self righteous.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, at least he's raising public awareness about the topic.

I checked the poll on the cnn/larryking site:

Do you believe there is extra terrestrial life?
Yes 83% 3913
No 17% 797
Total Votes: 4710
This is not a scientific poll

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oberg got rocked as a skeptic.

He just fell back on the old "they didn't see what they thought they saw". Of course for the uninformed who only see about an hour's worth on the topic of UFOs each year, that might work...but not tonight. The panel really made Oberg look silly where they questioned his facts and questioned his inaccuracies. Larry King didn't give Oberg much room to move either saying "are you calling these guys liars?". It's sad to see Oberg stoop so low, he wasn't even inquisitive towards the panel...just dismissive, and it made him look lost when they fired back at him in an intelligent manner that he couldn't match.

I'm suprised Michael Shermer (skeptical inquirer) wasn't on the show to say the same thing, he's a little better at spinning these things.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't suppose the sudden talk of disclosure is because of the writer's strike? No compelling funnyness to keep us snoozing so let's bring out some old sighting, dust them off and laugh at them for a while again!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

I know if I was a high ranking military official and was called an unqualified observer by a hack I'd be kinda pissed. The panel did a remarkable job maintaining their composure imo. It's funny he discarded a lot of eyewitness testimony on the basis that objects weren't painted on radar... hello, we already know how to fool radar via stealth tech. I'm sure a potential UFO could evade our current sensor tech if it wanted to...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
is this the interview....

youtube.com... 6 parts

[edit on 093030p://pm3046 by andre18]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
is this ther interview....

youtube.com... 6 parts

No, that is the last one, can't you see it says JULY?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join