It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Rubber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.aip.org...

I thought it would be interesting to share this with you guys. Not sure if there is any info about this already but it sure is cool. Kinda reminds me of the material that was supposedly recovered from the Roswell crash..What do you guys think?

Also do you think that it is possible that this material might have been reverse engineered from alien wreckage?

[edit on 28-10-2007 by captinofcats]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have to say that is pretty amazing. And like the website said think of the possibilites it has for its use.

Amazing is what i have to say. And i also wouldnt rule out alien tech. But still, the way we're going with technology these days gets scarier and scarier.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ha I highly doubt any "outside" influences were used for this. Seems reasonable enough to assume that some clever engineers just took scientific facts and properties a step further, and made it into a workable product. very cool though. I wonder if it can be cut up and chopped? It has to have SOME breaking point. Can it be punctured? I'd like to see more videos of how it performs.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's just different stuff coated with metal. It's like electroplating, but instead of one metal on top of another metal, its metal on top of non-metal. The coating is thin enough to maintain elasticity and flexibility. Cool, but nothing fantastic.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharker524

uh.. no? you dont take a piece of rubber and plate it with a thin sheet of metal.. thats not what they are doing..

but what to call it?
mubber?
rettel?
rubbel?
metter?

O.o

-G

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Nice find and thanks for the post

I love hearing about new discoveries. It is possible that its creation was based on reverse engineering of an ET craft, but it is also possible that the improvement in other technologies over the years is enabling us to make our own fantastic discoveries. The website is a fascinatiing look into many other discoveries as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Nice find and thanks for the post

"It is possible that its creation was based on reverse engineering of an ET craft,...

this concept makes me stupid. my thoughts are like "lack. in.. human.. bad.. human.. discover.. and must be not human..."

is it possible? sure. Probable? uh.. no..

You just articulate my thought much more eloquently, infinite8. ^_^
you say the latter is much more probable without putting it bluntly and with less risk of offending the former's position. I commend that.

Yay infinite8!

no im not being sarcastic.. i really "yay"'d you.. kinda.. non sarcastically though..

ò¿ô

-G

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

How about calling it a "slinky"?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
took them damn long to reverse engineer those space suits huh. bout damn time i say.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

However much I must commend such statements.. I must say we cannt call it a slinky.. since the word is taken.. silly putty is taken also..

maybe:
silly metal?
silly rubber?

ò¿ô

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

haha.. id accept that far sooner than the former ET refference.
^_^

-G

new topics

top topics

join