It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promises a Forceful Stand Against Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Obama Promises a Forceful Stand Against Clinton

www.nytimes.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 27 — Senator Barack Obama said he would start confronting Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton more directly and forcefully, saying Friday that she had not been candid in describing her views on critical policy issues, as he tries to address mounting alarm among supporters that his lack of assertiveness so far has allowed her to dominate the presidential race.

Mr. Obama’s vow to go on the offensive comes just over two months before the first votes are cast for the Democratic...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think Obama's campaign is fascinating just from a political science viewpoint. At first, I thought he was angling for the VP slot, but the more I learn about him and see him in action, I think he's really out for blood. If he loses to Hillary, which seems likely, I wouldn't be surprised if he destroys himself in the process.

I don't think this guy is someone who can handle losing.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree DJ, the more I learn the less I like. I'm still an Edwards fan. He's been forcefully confronting the establishment all along, just not raising the money. It's hard in the south to do that. We're poor.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This comes straight out of the Clinton Camp.

Mrs. Bill Clinton knows she has the nomination. She wants the illusion of having a hard fight for the nomination. It will give the perception of an underdog, just like Bill Clinton in 1992.

If Clinton cruises to nomination, that sets up the Republican candidate as the underdog.

So basically Mrs. Bill Clinton gave the OK to Obama to heat it up a bit, knowing the nomination is safe. Then if she does go with Obama as VP, we will get a huge... "ahhhhh isn't that great, she's reaching out to a political enemy for the good of America." The media will eat it up!

Everything in Clinton land is orchestrated, if you don't know that by now, she probably has your vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Everything in Clinton land is orchestrated, if you don't know that by now, she probably has your vote.

I get that. The ONLY thing I like about her. Marketing is America. Don't tell me Bush climbs on burning rubble after 9/11 with a megaphone for the TV cameras out of the goodness of his heart.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well RR you are correct. I am totally convinced she will ask Barack to be her VP ... all for political gains. That lady would murder her own family if it ment more political gains.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
IMO its a shame but I don't see Obama over taking Hillary in the polls . The Hillary machine is to well refined and has the best advisor's sown up to ever let go of the grip of her party nomination . Really if it was a straight contest Obama should cane Hillary because she is a flip flop who lacks good judgement. If Obama wasn't around Hillary would probably wear the to inexperienced tag.

But like it or not US politics is geared so that the best candidates can poll the lowest.

top topics

join