It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embedded Anomalies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There's much more to history than the "experts are willing to admit.Here's just a few things that have been (re)buried by them....

1820 From The American Journal of Science and Arts, 1820 comes the account of an ancient tool discovery. At a quarry near Aixen-Provence, France, in 1788, 40 or 50 feet below ground in a layer of limestone were found coins, petrified wooden handles of hammers, pieces of other petrified wooden tools, and a quarrymen's board. The limestone was 300 million years old.
1826 In a well dug near the Ohio River in north Cincinnati at a level 94 feet down, a buried tree stump was found which showed the marks of an ax. The marks were deep and well cut, indicating the use of a sharp and durable blade. The ax used was confirmed to have been made of metal when, embedded in the top of the stump, an advanced oxidized wedge of iron was found. The layer in which the stump was found was dated to be between 50,000 and 75,000 years old nearly 10 times the accepted age of the supposed first metal usage.

www.bibleufo.com...

In more recent times underwater man made structures have been found off the coast of India and Japan.And pyramid like structures have been found in Bosnia,Ukraine,Peru and Güímar on the island of Tenerife.

Maybe its time for the historians to stop worrying about their reputations and start admitting that history has to be rewrote.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These are some interesting tidbits.
Do you have any sources?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
very interesting indeed i too would like to know sources or were you came across this info..something this is something id be interested to look into...and i wonder if anybody has information on the imprints on the wall of the coal mine...wonder what that could be?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some sites i have bookmarked are,

world-mysteries.com
thothweb.com
theglobaleducationproject.org
surfingtheapocolypse.com
ramtops.co.uk
crystalinks.com
bibleufo.com

The link below will take you to the "map of creation." Something i forgot to put on my list.Oops,lol.The map is a stone carving of great detail,found 1999 in Russia,and dates back 120 million years!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Ya .. I want in too. Where did you get this information from?

I've heard of the Antikythera mechanism. Discovery and History Channel have had that on before. I've heard of the ancient battery as well. Both I believe have been discussed here at ATS. But some of the other stuff is really interesting. What and where's your source(s)?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Thanks.. I posted to late
Just saw your post

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

I have a simple explanation. Current dating methods are woefully inaccurate. There have been a lot of anomalous findings in supposed ancient strata. Dinosaur bones found side by side with human bones. Pictographs of ancients hunting dinosaurs etc. The fact is the strata were actually generated by a worldwide flood and are not quite as uniform in their fossil content as previously supposed.

Moreover prior to the flood atmospheric conditions were quite a bit different. The rate of carbon 14 production in the upper atmosphere was not the same. This has the tendency to greatly inflate carbon 14 dating prior to about 10K years or so.

It turns out the Bible is not quite the fairy tale government controlled education would have you believe.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
I have a simple explanation. Current dating methods are woefully inaccurate.

What is perhaps more important, we don't have current dating methods being applied to all this anecdotal stuff out of 19th century accounts. C14 has limited uses anyway...when you go farther back, you are talking about thermoluminescence, different nuclear materials, different methodss to deal with different artifacts of different general ages. Plus, you need to factor in the integrity of the context it was found in, and the fact that to archaeologists, one date is no date.

There is some anomalous stuff out there, but the bar is raised pretty high, for all the right reasons.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
thanks for the links im gonna have a good evening with these

good finds my friend

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jakyll

I have a simple explanation. Current dating methods are woefully inaccurate. There have been a lot of anomalous findings in supposed ancient strata. Dinosaur bones found side by side with human bones. Pictographs of ancients hunting dinosaurs etc. The fact is the strata were actually generated by a worldwide flood and are not quite as uniform in their fossil content as previously supposed.

Moreover prior to the flood atmospheric conditions were quite a bit different. The rate of carbon 14 production in the upper atmosphere was not the same. This has the tendency to greatly inflate carbon 14 dating prior to about 10K years or so.

It turns out the Bible is not quite the fairy tale government controlled education would have you believe.

Can you give me a link to a source for this please? Particularly the world wide flood and pictographs of humans hunting dinosaurs. Thanks, I've seen speculation of these ideas before but never any solid proof. Certainly would be interesting if it could be proved.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Howdy all

You can find reference to much of this in William R. Corliss book Ancient Man: A handbook of puzzling artifacts. Who is he? A maniacal archivist working alone who has steadfastly cataloged all reported anomalies in biology, chemistry, geology, archeology, physics, etc. ISBN 0-915554-03-8 and a companion volume, Strange Artifacts O-9600712-6-1

His website www.science-frontiers.com...

He has listing of all old findings that might be considered anomalistic.

With so many of the old reports they cannot be verified and the material lost. The trail is cold to say the least. His own explorations have shown that most if not all of these reports were either false, hoaxs, mistake or misinterpretation or cannot be verified.

In the early 1800's dating was very imprecise and most things not understood were shoe horned into some sort of biblical frame work. The work of James Hutton and those that would create the science of Geology were then still forming their ideas.

Seventhrunders, I think you'll find that creation science won't work in this case. Current dating procedures are accurate, no human and dinosaur bones have been found together, no pictographs, no evidence of a world wide flood, no evidence of a weird atmosphere, and dendrochronology + Paleoclimatology study makes a mockery of your Carbon 14 dating comments.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

This site has some interesting information.
www.s8int.com...

There is a lot of information about dinosaur art.
www.bible.ca...
www.creationists.org...

Here is some data about strata being mixed up.
www.rae.org...

As for carbon dating it requires the assumption that carbon 14 production has been occurring at the same rate for tens of thousands of years. An assertion that can not be verified and is unlikely given how much of the solar system's history is filled with catastrophic events.

Moreover if there were a significantly greater density of water vapor in times past it would disrupt carbon 14 dating. Such an assertion would be consistent with the Biblical account of the great deluge, wherein a certain fraction of the flood waters precipitated out from the water canopy that filled the earth's atmosphere.

A reduction of carbon 14 production would greatly lengthen all carbon 14 measurements.
creationwiki.org...

There have been some attempts to calibrate carbon 14 using other dating mechanisms, but there still remain many anomalous results.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by SevenThunders]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

There are 100's of flood myths from all around the world.Many predate the Bible flood by 1000's of years!

The fact is the strata were actually generated by a worldwide flood and are not quite as uniform in their fossil content as previously supposed.

Stratification is caused by many things,water is one of them,and it didn't need to be a flood to do so.
Of course there are flaws in the dating system,but how do you explain the 100's of finds that were found in layers that predate any flood (we know of) by millions of years?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

With so many of the old reports they cannot be verified and the material lost. The trail is cold to say the least. His own explorations have shown that most if not all of these reports were either false, hoaxs, mistake or misinterpretation or cannot be verified.

Obviously it can be hard to verify something without the evidence,but if you look hard enough you will find records of "mysterious" discoveries that seem to vanish into thin air.Or,into the vaults of museums.There are just too many things that they can't all be wrote off as being false,a mistake or a hoax.

Seventhunders, I think you'll find that creation science won't work in this case. Current dating procedures are accurate, no human and dinosaur bones have been found together, no pictographs, no evidence of a world wide flood, no evidence of a weird atmosphere, and dendrochronology + Paleoclimatology study makes a mockery of your Carbon 14 dating comments.

Dating procedures can be open to interpretation.
See above for links on flood myths.
Also,concerning floods,fossilised sea shells and sea crustations have been found in large abundance on tops of mountains and in deserts.

The problem is the word "flood." When people think of it they think of sudden raging waters that eventually,after much distruction,subside.
But we know that the sea's have risen and fallen many times over many years.So maybe it wasn't a "raging flood" thats caused these things to be deposited but the Ice Caps melting at a gradual pace.And the water didn't subside,because it had nowhere to go,it remained until the Ice Caps started to freeze again.This means that the water would have been stable enough for sea life to continue to flourish.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

[There is a lot of information about dinosaur art.
www.bible.ca...
www.creationists.org...

There exists no "dinosaur art" that is not hoaxed.

Originally posted by SevenThundersAs for carbon dating it requires the assumption that carbon 14 production has been occurring at the same rate for tens of thousands of years. An assertion that can not be verified and is unlikely given how much of the solar system's history is filled with catastrophic events.

Carbon dating makes no such assertion of constant atmospheric C14 production.
That is an oft-repeated lie that creationists use because they have not a single whit of their own evidence. Their only option is to shoot at the evidence provided by Science.

Originally posted by SevenThunders Moreover if there were a significantly greater density of water vapor in times past it would disrupt carbon 14 dating. Such an assertion would be consistent with the Biblical account of the great deluge, wherein a certain fraction of the flood waters precipitated out from the water canopy that filled the earth's atmosphere.

Water vapor would in no way interfere with the production of atmospheric C14.

The amount of water necessary in this "water canopy" would be so great that air-breathing life could not have even existed on Earth were such a ridiculous notion true.

Originally posted by SevenThundersThere have been some attempts to calibrate carbon 14 using other dating mechanisms, but there still remain many anomalous results.

Tree rings go almost as far back as they use C14. These are real, documentable ages.

Anomalies exist in any measurement system.

Harte

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Unless one is also prepared to ban the playing of football without wearing gloves or condemn the eating of shellfish, might I suggest that we try to avoid the use of biblical injunction as a literal source for anything?

I mean really...in this day and age?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It would appear my thread has been tampered with.
I know its my fault for not putting the paragraphs in quote marks,but i never claimed that these were my findings and it now indicates that most of the information on here came from bibleufo.com
That is not true.I got these things from many different sources and added a psot to show where,albeit a little belatedly.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Carbon dating makes no such assertion of constant atmospheric C14 production.
That is an oft-repeated lie that creationists use because they have not a single whit of their own evidence. Their only option is to shoot at the evidence provided by Science.

Sounds like you do not understand how carbon 14 dating works then. Here is the high school science version.
science.howstuffworks.com...

To properly date with carbon 14 you have to make an assumption about the equilibrium ratios of carbon 12 to carbon 14 in the environment. That ratio is of course dependent on the production rate of carbon 14 by cosmic rays in the atmosphere. When something dies, the theory is that it can not take in any more carbon 14, which then must decay (since it's radioactive) changing the ratio from it's equilibrium point. That change reveals the date. Obviously if the production rate of carbon 14 changed then so would the equilibrium ratio. For example, if the atmosphere stopped producing carbon 14, the ratio of carbon 14 in the environment would decrease over time, falsely inflating the age estimates of carbon 14 dating.

Water vapor would in no way interfere with the production of atmospheric C14.

Not true. It would shield the intensity of cosmic rays in the upper atmosphere, necessarily reducing carbon 14 production.

The amount of water necessary in this "water canopy" would be so great that air-breathing life could not have even existed on Earth were such a ridiculous notion true.

Most of the water came up from the deep as described in the Bible. Moreover the geology was different back then. It is likely that many of our larger mountains resulted from the cataclysm that caused the flood, so not as much water was needed to cover the land. There is also some peculiar evidence that the surface area of the planet was considerably smaller.

expanding-earth.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
right so I think I'm with you

for the Bible to be true science has to be wrong, cosmic rays have to be different and the planet has to be a different size ?

oh and the Human race has to have developed from just two people who are genetically identical without us all having webbed toes ?

that makes perfect sense now thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now, now KW don't you think you're being unreasonable?

Of COURSE science has to be wrong how could the Bible be wrong, just because other religions contradict it - it must be right, right? Cosmic rays have to be different and the planet has to be a different size - well duh ?

oh and the Human race has to have developed from just two people who are genetically identical without us all having webbed toes ? Don't you know KW that god can snap those metaphysical fingers and make all this happen-including drowning millions of small children because he made a mistake (since he's omnipotent he knew he'd have to wipe out the first humans he created-so why'd he create them?).

that makes perfect sense now thanks -of course it does, just believe harder and it will all become clearer......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join