It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this real??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looks like its on the way from the Hill Air Force Base to the Hill Aerospace Museum--just a few blocks down the road.

Here it is at its final destination:

www.hill.af.mil...

Why would it be fake?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee

they'd land it in an emergency, which is the whole point of having 1 in every 3 miles of road straight for this purpose...

is this true? I have never heard of this before.

I'm pretty confident about this....
watch The Fugitive too, there is another reason why they have it... or is it U.S. Marshals.. I think it's the latter....

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Figuring nothing ventured, nothing gained, I emailed the webmasters and curators at a few museums and Blackbird sites to see if anyone claimed that photo. So far, no responses. I'm not holding my breath, either.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hmmmm cool.....
but as said earlier , it's on what looks to be a pretty reliable website: Here
It looks like it could be more of a guard of honour behind it giving it a parade or something...
Dunno

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Hmmmm cool.....
but as said earlier , it's on what looks to be a pretty reliable website: Here
It looks like it could be more of a guard of honour behind it giving it a parade or something...
Dunno

Nice link there. I would crap my pants if I saw one of em smack dab in the middle of a highway. What a sight that would be.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Personally, I'd get the camera

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It looks real to me except for the shadow of the wing. That could be an illusion, however.

I had a small Cessna land beside me on the freeway once. *That* was an odd experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its looks real but old, Similar pic In a magazine called Combat Aircraft, Vol.5 No.4 you will see on page 14 a SR-71 being slowly moved into position on a Highway going towards Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center at Washington Dulles International Airport.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Cool
the Cessna musta been really odd, but imagine an SR-71 :X
though i really doubt this one landed but it's still a fun idea

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is a quick scan of the picture I was talking about, going towards Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.. nice museum piece

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not real, ya its two photos overlapping, but not only that look at it, i mean the size of the cars should be dwarfed by the size of the blackbird, all you need in that photo is 2 normal size cars and it would be the length of the blackbird, so ya its not real(according to the pic).

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha

please tell me what you think/if this is real then can i have some more details on it?
thanks

Why wouldnt it be?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Not real, ya its two photos overlapping, but not only that look at it, i mean the size of the cars should be dwarfed by the size of the blackbird, all you need in that photo is 2 normal size cars and it would be the length of the blackbird, so ya its not real(according to the pic).

Why not?
Military planes are real small not as big as commercial planes or passager planes

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When the black bird was retired didn't one go to the Smithsonian Institution? If so they probably don't have an airport, so it was rolled down the highway.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Why not?
Military planes are real small not as big as commercial planes or passager planes

im thinking youve never read the length of the Blackbird.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure... that picture looks like a well-done Photoshop.

I think it's fake. But then again, I may be wrong...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I love ATS, according to most people around here, every pic is automatically fake and every conspiracy is automatically not one. LOL!

Well this pics looks legit to me, I looked hard at it, not from the perspective of finding fault in it because I can find fault if I want to. But I looked at it in terms of how could some one fake it. The conclusion I came too is that no matter how I look at it, there was still an aircraft being towed. Since it is not impossible that it was a blackbird I have to trust the pic unless strong evidence to the contrary. It also appears that right wing tip is missing (appears on left side in this image?). Did this plane crash somewhere?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i dunno, but whether its real or not it doesnt look like a major highway, look at the cars.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The vehicles in this picture look to be late 70s to early 80s. Is there anyone here that can verify this? Was not the blackbird commissioned in the 60s?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
im pretty sure thats fake. If you had to drag a spyplane down a highway, they would probably have detours, road blocks.

Not to mention that that is an expensive jet

So my geuss is that they would have military guys or MPs along with it, to keep vandals or something else away.

CATFISH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join