It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didnt the ATS election take place ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The title of this thread pretty much says it all.
why didn't the political process take place including the debates ?
Why were candidates and other members of the boards misled into believing that an "election" would take place ?
If we weren't there better be a dam good reason why the political process didn't take place.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by xpert11]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
An unfortunate lack of interest.
Even coming from some of the candidates

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Lack of interest ?
Well the debates would have help to maintain interest . The thread where I declared my candidacy went on for three pages and I wasn't even one of the front runners .

In hindsight I should have known that something up when people had already selected there running mates before the primary's were spouse to take place.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why...

I thought this was a BIG platform...

Well, if we have no election, ill volunteer for the Job

Seriously though, most of the Traffic to ATS never knows about PTS, for years i didn't know it was here.

I hope this idea is not dead in the water, and will start to gain more momentum after the US presidential has a couple of the primaries.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would have to say that the concept is well in truly sunk that is why I started this thread looking for answers . The primary's were due to happen in July but nothing took place.
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Dunno man. I asked. Repeatedly. Never got a response.

In all fairness, there were much bigger, and to be honest, more important projects going on that pretty much tore all the ATS staff (especially the top tiers) away from this event.

Lemme ask one more time what is up with this and see if, at the very least, we can get a death certificate on this thing.

apc

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What's the point anyway? So a bunch of users can feel special?

Every year I just delete the U2Us relating to the ATS elections. I suspect my dispassion for the matter is not uncommon.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
What's the point anyway? So a bunch of users can feel special?

No, it was to be elected to a paid position of political commentary and discussion.

apc

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ah! See, my ignorance comes from apathy. I must agree with Mr Mxyztplk.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thelibra thank you for seeking some closure on this matter.
I understand and respect the fact that the owners of this site had other things on there plate but that is something that they should have considered before embarking on this project. Even if I didn't win the election I would have loved to have contributed to the forum that was going to be created.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So, is this idea dead in the water...

...are we still going to have a large comentary section on the '08 election...

This is an informed comunity, and we like doin this here.

I messed the 04 elction, but this coming cylce looks like alot of fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would very much like to see the elections take place. Not everyone agrees with the apathy stance but us "little guys" don't have any say in the matter. Would it be possible to start debates and just carry on as though an election were going to take place? Is it worth all the time and effort if it's not a paid position? Who do we U2U about getting this election thing going?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So any answer yet thelibra? I knew that this was on hold(obviously) but is it officially dead yet? It would be a shame if it was. I think the election of a ATS/AP official political commentator would generate alot of interest and maybe liven up AP a bit.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Reminds me of what is going to happen to our own election.

Maybe I should not say that. HUM.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
So any answer yet thelibra? I knew that this was on hold(obviously) but is it officially dead yet? It would be a shame if it was. I think the election of a ATS/AP official political commentator would generate alot of interest and maybe liven up AP a bit.

It's Still On!

I just got an answer on this. We're going to be kicking this back into gear, along with more political-specific initiatives, once our focus is off the "revolution" happening today.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by thelibra]

new topics

top topics

join