It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboard a flying saucer. truman Behurum and the hot Capt. Aura Rhanes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rattlehead

Actually, nothing needs to be "done" about John Lear, as we each make or lose credibility all on our own. While I have found some of JLs comments to be intelligent and well presented, I have found others to be less so. Because these are only my opinions, there would be nothing the staff could do.

And we all make one liners from time to time. The staff does a good job of holding us all to a standard. It is just that JL is very able at skirting right up to the edge.

But no amount of vinager can detract from the quality of the OPs presentation on this subject. This is not to say that I find fault with those that respectfully disagree. Each of us is free to believe as we choose. It is only by respecting the views of others that we can ever hope to learn and grow.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

aww you hurt John's feelings do SkepticOverlord had to get involved.

as far as the legal aspects go, if its not copyrighted or the copyright has expired, GO FOR IT. it is 100% legal and its our right to use the law to our own advantage.

i agree with everything that was said in response to John's post.
John, i love your moon stuff, but if you try to act like an expert in everything (such as copyright laws) you just hurt your own reputation...

oh man, am i going to get in trouble for smack talking the site owner and mr john leer!? Im so close to be able to buy another picture with my points! please don't take any away!
lol j/k

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Are we still talking about the review or should we keep going on about John, copyright semantics and how unfair the site management is or isn't?

The review is back. Things are cleared up. Get over it, and move on.

Nice review I suppose. Not my kind of story, although considering the time I was surprised that the good Captain wasn't described as being a 7ft blond amazonian goddess of unimaginable sexiness.

Personally I'm glad we moved from meeting Ken and Barbie from Venus to straight out frightening inter-dimensional monsters with our contemporary alien encounters.

I like monsters a lot. They are unpredictable.

Plus I don't have to worry about an alien taking me to their home planet only to find out it's just another suburb of Kansas.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
YES! I BLEW BLEW IT! SORRY SCHUYLER.

I would like to formally apologize to schuyler for my comment:

Thanks schuyler for your Reader’s Disgust Condensed Version of “Aboard a Flying Saucer” which you neglected to mention was copyrighted in 1954.

And also I apologize for my error on copyright laws.

Further, I apologise for my snide remarks following the clipping of your review.

The following comments were provided because I wanted to show where Truman worked and provide authentication for the facility which was operated by Wells Cargo Co.

The mixing plant that you refer to was a batch plant owned by the Wells Cargo Co. who had the contract to improve Hiway 91 long before Highway 15 was built.

Wells Cargo was formed by Robert, Howard and Joe Wells. Both Howard and Joe passed away many years ago. Robert, a friend of mine, passed away in 2002. I still keep in touch with his wife Karen who knows the story about Truman.

Since I frequently talk about the Truman Bethurum story on my way up to the mine when we pass Glendale where the mixing plant was I provided the following:

Hiway 91 still exists but is rarely used. I point it out to friends on my way up to the mine. And I also tell the Truman Bethurum story as we are traveling along the Morman Mesa from Glendale (where the batch plant was) to the Riverside cutoff.

I show them where hiway 91 cuts down the Morman Mesa on a Dugway just west of Riverside.

Just to the north of where all of this occurred back in 1952 and north of what is now Interstate 15, on weekdays, you can almost always see strange lights which dart back and forth and ascend and descend vertically. I think it is a practice area for secret government craft from the Nellis Range.

The following was my opinion of schuylers condensation:

I found Trumans story very interesting and I thought your highly selective of facts and condensed version typical.

But thanks for the post and the review. I called Karen this morning to refresh my memory on the names of Roberts’s brothers.

I stand by that opinion.

I also thought schuyler's use of the National Enquireror'esque' "hot' to describe Aura Rhanes' in his thread title was a cheap shot. Nowhere in the book did Truman describe Aura Rhanes as 'hot'.

So schuyler, once again I apologize for calling your post a "Reader’s Disgust Condensed Version", for my errors in copyright laws and for my snide remarks regarding the clipping of your literary review.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Now that's showing class, John. Good for you.

Onward and upward.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Good man! Well said and done.

And this line is just to keep the condors off.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Imagine what it was like for the ancients to tell there stories of sky ships coming down from the heavens with creatures not of this earth. Clouds of lightning with whirlwinds and angels.

It would be the best way for the time to describe encounters, even though now they read as silly and unsophisticated. Good thing we have hollyweird generating our thoughts to add sophistication to our stories and encounters.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join